1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Media.net -- Big Disappointment!!!

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by cozmic_, Oct 30, 2012.

1. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So was mine but you STILL don't get it...

OMG man, For the last time... reread my previous post and answer your own question... jeez...SMH...
    Do I need to post it for you... WTF...?
    --

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
    indyonline, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  2. cozmic_

cozmic_ Member

Best Answers:
    Your previous post that you forced me to read :)

Yes you didn't say it is normal. But you said me "you just want to talk shit!". I am not talking shit. I am talking with my proofs. I think you are talking for just promoting your signature by making more spam posts to increase its visibility.

cozmic_, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  3. indyonline

Best Answers:
    Well you would be wrong again lmao I rent my sig, those are not my sites/links.... Besides, I have 4,000 post, I don't need to pad my post count AND, I am not that petty or broke to need to spam a signature in a forum. Keep trying man...

OMFG! I even posted it for you!!! WTF is wrong with you....? Really...?

No, you just want to talk shit because you failed....
    I, on the other hand, was looking for some feedback on media.net

4. cozmic_

cozmic_ Member

Best Answers:
    I pity you. I am not a rude man and my replies and proofs are there. I don't want to reply you more. What a pity! what a pity...

cozmic_, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  5. indyonline

Best Answers:
    lmao! That's all you got to say...? So universal....
    Believe me buddy, I don't need your pity. You need it.... Somebody who comes in here calling a large company scammers because he failed.... Ya, I deserve the pity..... Sounds like you are here requesting a pity party for yourself.... Ya, I'm done too.... it's a lost cause............

6. sources68

sources68 Member

Best Answers:
    I register media.net but They are not approved

sources68, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  7. farasens

farasens Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most probably your application is going to be approved soon. From what I've seen they don't work Saturday and Sunday, so it might take a while to get approved.

Furthermore, when I submit a site for approval (you always need to send a new site for approval before using ads on it) it takes about a week or so to get approved (so that must be the time for new accounts approval too). Maybe more..

@cozmic_ I am happy that you decided to test Media.net for another 2 weeks. My advice - test it for 2 weeks (or even more) and work with them. Give them "your traffic" and let the Media.net team design new ads for you and make sure you get the most clicks from your ads. It might take time, but considering you have good traffic, you should see a return soon. You said it doesn't make even 5% as Google Adsense? How much does Adsense make on that certain spot where you tested Media.net?

I'm looking forward for your response and hope that with enough work and patience you will make more with Media.net than Adsense. Hope it works for you!

farasens, Nov 25, 2012 IP
  8. Simbolik

Simbolik Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    farasens can you tell what ad sizes do you use with media.net and how many per page!? I got 2 of my websites approved so i'm testing media.net right now. So far i'm happy with revenue.

Simbolik, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  9. farasens

Best Answers:
    @Simbolik I worked with various sizes (just like in any other ad network), but in my opinion the best sizes are the bigger ones. But, with a bigger ad comes a bigger responsability to keep your users happy and on your website.

You can put up to 3 Media.net ads on an approved website. The more, the better (but not more than 3). The bigger, the better. But it all depends on your website.

farasens, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  10. Simbolik

Simbolik Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @farasens currently i'm using 336x280, 160x600 and 600x250 (thinking of switching to 600x120).
    What do you think about
    those sizes?
    How many ad units do you have above the fold!? :D

Simbolik, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  11. Sk Nepal

Sk Nepal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are allowed to put only one ad type per page, isn't it so? I'm not sure if they have changed the rule after they partnered with Yahoo!Bing Network.

My account was recently transferred to the new Media.net ad-program. For the first three days my RPM was about $0.89-$1.59. But, in the next 4 days, it got to 0.0 - 0.21 which is obviously very less. And then I noticed that minimum payout for the new program was $500. That's when I realised Media.net is not for me, at least not yet. I think it's meant for sites which get tons of visitors with maximum of them arising from US, UK and Canada. In the earlier program, impressions from any other country beside US, UK and Canada was not counted, but I have noticed that now, it counts visits from every country as an impression. If you have larger impressions from countries other than US, UK and Canada, I think, your RPM will decrease. That might be the reason why you feel like you have been cheated, and in some way, you are because they should have put in place some detailed report like other ad-platforms such as Adsense, Lijit, Chitika do, so that you know what country your impressions come from and what their approximate RPM is.

Anyways, every ad-platform doesn't suit you. You have to find out which ones do. I don't have huge traffic on my site (~3k), maximum of my visitors do not come from US, UK or Canada, so I prefer adsense. And I think, Media.net is a very good alternative to Adsense if you have huge traffic + max of the visitors coming from those three countries.

Sk Nepal, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  12. farasens

Best Answers:
    @Sk Nepal I gues they have changed the rule after partenering with Yahoo and Bing Network, but I'm not sure if they changed the rule then or other time. What I know is that you can put up to three units per website (that's what my Media.net manager told me). One could always contact them and ask if not sure about it.

When I started using Media.net my RPM was just like you (or maybe less), after that it went small, then big again, then small again and so on. What I've learned is that you should give it time. By that I mean you need to let the Media.net team investigate your traffic and test as many ads as possible to see what fits your website and how you can monetize it better and make more money. Trust me, in the first few weeks I was suspicious too thinking that the RPM is small and the revenue wasn't growing as expected, but now I'm happy I tried them. My advice is not to worry about the small RPM in the beginning, but let the Media.net team test the ads for you.

I think Media.net is for everyone that has some (or more traffic) from USA and Canada and UK. In my opinion Media.net is very suitable for places on your website where other networks make very little money. It can probably be suitable for websites that get lots of traffic, yet other ad networks make less money than expected. Media.net is perfect as an alternative to many ad networks today, but also a good plus for any website. Really, one should try to monetize as much space on the website as possible, and with their ads it's really easy to keep readers happy (their ads look fancy).

From what I know they don't monetize international traffic, other than Canada and UK (other ads like Chitika do the same, but Adsense does monetize international traffic), so even if one has a lot of impressions, if they aren't from USA, they won't see any ads (even if the owner sees the ads from United States for example), yet can't click on what they can't see.

I've started to see many big websites using Media.net as time goes by. This makes me happy because the more bigger websites start using it, the more advertisers will be interested to pay more and advertiser more, yet the revenue will grow in time. And we all know that's is what many publishers (if not all) want from a good ad network.

In conclusion, I recommend all testing the ads for at least 2-3 weeks and see what happens. It might sound I'm repeating myself, but with only a couple of minutes of your time, you can add an easy income from your website. So why miss the opportunity?

13. arrisweb

arrisweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have account on media.net too I made $1.06 with 54000 impressions. I am little disappointed :(

arrisweb, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  14. farasens

Best Answers:
    @arrisweb I am really curios about one thing. Have you got any other ad network in the exact spot you're using (used) Media.net and made more for you for the same number of impressions? Second, is your traffic international or mainly from USA and Canada? How much from USA and Canada?

Where have you put the ads? It's very important to put the ads in places where people "click". Also, have you communicated with the Media.net team to let them know you want to improve your revenue? They should start testing the ads and make sure you get a better revenue for your impressions (considering the traffic is good - is it from search? Is it from USA mostly?). Contact their support and you should have access to a private manager to help you out.

You can probably make a lot more with your impressions, considering those are unique visitors (not just visits), yet the traffic is from search engine (mainly from USA), yet you communicate with Media.net and ask them to improve your revenue.

If it works for you in the future, come in here and let us know.

15. arrisweb

Best Answers:
    Yes, I had adsense before. The most traffic comes from India, Pakistan etc. US traffic is about 15%. I had 728x90 ad on top and 160x600 on right side. I have sent them emails, but they not responded.

arrisweb, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  16. farasens

Best Answers:
    @arrisweb It seems most probably the lack of good revenue is not actually Media.net problem (or any other ad network), rather the source of traffic. Considering you only had 8,000 unique visitors (15% * 54,000) from USA that saw Media.net ads, you can't expect much of revenue. Were those 8,000 unique visitors and search traffic visitors? Were they social traffic visitors? Where those only impressions, rather than actually unique visitors? These are very important variables to think of when trying an ad network.

Most probably Indian, Pakistan, etc traffic is mostly valued $0.0.. because Media.net just doesn't have ads for those countries. But I am pretty sure that 54,000 unique USA visitors with some testing could get you a lot more revenue than $1.54 (or so).

Most probably some of you reading these lines are actually having to much international traffic that is not paid by Media.net (I guess they not even have ads for those countries yet). The traffic source (country - search engine/social/etc) is very important, yet a good indicator of good revenue or no revenue at all.

farasens, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  17. arrisweb

Best Answers:
    Yes. I have international traffic and this way Media.net works poor on my site.

arrisweb, Nov 30, 2012 IP
  18. farasens

Best Answers:
    Just because they don't monetize certain countries, doesn't mean they are good or bad. You should try their ad network on some USA search engine traffic and see how it goes.

farasens, Dec 1, 2012 IP
  19. uyasar

uyasar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am also trying media.net and I see that it is better than adsense.

uyasar, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  20. khristal23

khristal23 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am curious about something with media.net ... I have been with them since June (before the transition over to Yahoo/Bing).

At that time, the payout minimum was only $100 and I have been able to reach that every month. Now, I see it is $500.

Can anyone who was an existing publisher prior to the transition clarify as to whether or not the new payment policies apply to us? Or will we still get paid at $100? Just curious because I have not been paid yet for my earning and that's a little odd since I normally receive payment from Media.net on the last day of the month. For some reason I'm thinking I got an email from them saying the existing publishers would be grandfathered in.

If they do not lower the payment threshold, I will probably just replace their ad with an Adsense one on my site. I'm not earning enough with Media.net to get a monthly payment (which I need). At least with Adsense I can easily see payment each month.

khristal23, Dec 3, 2012 IP