1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to become a registrar?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by cfomodz, Nov 23, 2012.

I have been offering hosting and domain registration on my website for quite some time now, however, I am registering domains through 1&1, and then hosting them on one of my server. I heard that any company can become a register by paying a fee. That was just talk among friends, does anyone know how to actually become a registrar?

cfomodz, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  2. lothos

lothos Member

Best Answers:
    The fee is thousands and thousands of dollars, plus you need around $70,000 in the bank for operating costs. It's not cheap starting a registrar.

lothos, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  3. cfomodz

cfomodz Member

Best Answers:
    $70,000 in the bank for operating costs? What do you mean by operating costs? Can you be more specific please...

Also, money is not really a problem, as it should pay for itself in the long run.

cfomodz, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  4. Domains.UK

Domains.UK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its true you do need a realistic amount of capital to become a registrar that’s because if you go belly up and so name and numbers can collect the money that is owned for the domains registered and not yet paid for on a MTH basses.

Domains.UK, Nov 25, 2012 IP
  5. cfomodz

cfomodz Member

Best Answers:
    OK, that makes since... But there wouldn't be any operating costs would there be? I mean, you pay a fee, then from there it is just making the initial fee back, then after that, profit, right?

cfomodz, Nov 25, 2012 IP
  6. Findurhost

Findurhost Active Member

Best Answers:
    Findurhost, Nov 25, 2012 IP
  7. cfomodz

cfomodz Member

Best Answers:
    cfomodz, Nov 25, 2012 IP
  8. PhantomXS

PhantomXS Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Become a reseller. Easier to join and quit whenever you want. Less risk involved and easier to setup.

PhantomXS, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  9. linksolution

linksolution Member

Best Answers:
    I would say becoming a registrar is not child play, very serious task and serious investment you have to invest here.

linksolution, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  10. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    what is your buy price at 1&1? I am looking int o similar problem for my client. But I know that registrar certification costs are enormous and looking into cheap reseller integration only.

atxsurf, Nov 28, 2012 IP
  11. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Check out all the question related to registrar here..................... http://www.kaa.im/mclsa

Note - Above link is related to ICANN only. Where as every organization have different policy. It is not necessary, you have become the registrar of ".com" ............ means become the registrar of ".sk", "lk" or whatever also i.e wrong.Suppose you want to become registrar of ".in" , you have to take the permission from registry.

humtuma, Nov 28, 2012 IP
  12. logicboxes

logicboxes Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Everyone,

We at LogicBoxes are in the Domain Industry for over 10 years now. We would be glad to lend our extensive experience and expertise in assisting you in understanding the process of ICANN Accreditation.

The LogicBoxes team will be running an informative webinar on ICANN Accreditation: The Need of the Hour for Web Hosts in conjunction with the WHIR.

Overview of the Webinar

The focus of power in the Domain industry is firmly moving into the hands of ICANN Accredited Domain Registrars; especially with the advent of new gTLDs.

This webinar will delve into why a Hosting company needs to take its business to the next level with an extra boost from ICANN Accreditation. The specifics and advantages of ICANN Accreditation will be covered in detail along with real-world examples.

This webinar is essential for companies that have a sizable amount of domains under management and want to break-free from the hassles of their upstream Domain providers.

Webinar Details

Title: ICANN Accreditation: The Need of the Hour for Web Hosts
    Date: Wednesday, December 5th, 2012
    Time:
    6:00pm - 7:00pm GMT
    11:00am - 12:00pm PDT
    2:00pm - 3:00pm EDT
    Presenter: Siddharth Taliyan, Senior Sales Manager, LogicBoxes

Benefits of Attending the Webinar

1. Understand the advantages of becoming a Domain Registrar
    2. Why should ICANN Accreditation be a part of your business plans
    3. Gain insights from case studies of other Hosting companies that benefited from ICANN Accreditation

You can register for the webinar at www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-webinar/icann-accreditation-the-need-of-the-hour-for-web-hosts.

For any queries, contact sales@logicboxes.com

logicboxes, Nov 30, 2012 IP
  13. Ken12Cox

Ken12Cox Peon

Best Answers:
    You can get idea from this link http://www.verisigninc.com/en_US/products-and-services/domain-name-services/become-registrar/index.xhtml even I have doing web hosting provider(npsis.com)

Ken12Cox, Nov 30, 2012 IP
  14. Hydha

Hydha Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can check on ICANN's website. There you can get full information about cost and requirements for becoming registrar.

Hydha, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  15. sameerbhide

sameerbhide Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Here's additional detail on registering your name.

Check availableness (opens in new window)
    This is wherever you confirm your most popular name hasn't already been registered by someone else. a site name will solely be registered to 1 person at anyone time, thus if somebody else has already registered it, you will not be able to (or you'll place it on back order). Of course, the nice factor regarding this is often that, once you register your own name, no one else will compass - it's yours for as long as you wish it to be!

If the domain isn't on the market, strive once more mistreatment another name.

If the domain is offered, still checkout.
    This half is simply like buying the other product on-line. you just follow the prompts through to the checkout. you will be offered connected merchandise, like similar domain names or totally different prime level domains. to feature these to your order, click "YES! Add these to my order.". Otherwise click "Continue to checkout".

Note that you simply should offer up to this point contact details. name registrars will not allow you to register a site name while not providing these details. this is often a demand by ICANN (see below for information on ICANN).

sameerbhide, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  16. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depend which company registrar you want to be because they have different rules and regulation , system and charges for registrar registration. Usually you need to calculate is it worth to do be registrar because the charges is not small amount and make sure you have high demand of domain name all the time.

JerrickYeoh, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  17. johncaddic

johncaddic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I will prefer you to be a reseller instead of registrar first. Then after some time you should apply for that because to be a registrar is much costly as well as risky

johncaddic, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  18. humawebdesign

humawebdesign Member

Best Answers:
    Just try to get some idea from this website DomainPromoCodes.com they got many new things in their services

humawebdesign, Dec 10, 2012 IP