1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is my domain worth anything?

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by cfomodz, Nov 23, 2012.

mybotnet.com
    chickenfeeding.us
    firefox15.com
    firefox16.com
    firefox17.com
    firefox18.com
    firefox19.com
    firefox20.com
    firefox22.com
    firefox23.com
    firefox24.com
    firefox25.com
    myphptube.com
    nicevideoblog.com
    l33tvids.com
    jacks-videos.com
    coolvideoblog.com
    1337vids.com
    acool80.com
    notnonobad.com
    synthibal.com
    team187.org
    thisisnottheproxyyouarelookingfor.com
    tltctwb.com (Too lazy to copy the whiteboard.com)
    wheelsonthebus.org

I am just wondering if any are worth anything... Thanks.

cfomodz, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  2. VideoWhisper.com

VideoWhisper.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Don't see any domain that's expensive by itself in the list.
    But some could generate some income.
    Chicken feeding could sell some chicken feeding installations, supplements - you could try setting up a blog with some relevant posts and ad sense.

VideoWhisper.com, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  3. cfomodz

cfomodz Member

Best Answers:
    No value in the Firefox domains? Would they not get hits once that version of FF comes out? It wouldn't take much to get "firefox15.com" to #1 for the web search "firefox 15"

cfomodz, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  4. ImageAuthors

ImageAuthors Member

Best Answers:
    All of these domains are worth exactly ZERO.

The Firefox domains are in violation of a trademark, which means that you could find yourself in a lawsuit. Delete these immediately.

Let the others drop. Please do more research before buying lots of domains. Personally, I manage over 10,000 domains and have sold many for amounts up to 5 figures. I could have sold you one very good domain for the price you paid for all this junk. I know that's hard to hear, but it's true.

ImageAuthors, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  5. cfomodz

cfomodz Member

Best Answers:
    No, not really, these are my trash domains, ones that I am "selling" because if they don't sell I am letting them expire. So what would you consider "one very good domain"?

cfomodz, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  6. ImageAuthors

ImageAuthors Member

Best Answers:
    Well, among the domains I own are items like American.org, LLLL.com, and MarketingConsultant.com. These I would consider very good, although none of them is for sale.

I think I counted 25 domains in your list above. That means you probably spent about $400 to register them all. Plenty of domain names in my portfolio can be sold to another domainer around that price -- some more, some less. What subjects interest you?

ImageAuthors, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  7. Ledlauzis

Ledlauzis Member

Best Answers:
    These domain names make no sense and doesn't hold any value. If you would make Firefox 20 rank in the first place on Google at the time it will be released probably you will make your investment back but it is impossible to outrank large technology blogs when new browser version are release. Won't get into detail, but you are really bad domain investor for sure.

Ledlauzis, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  8. cfomodz

cfomodz Member

Best Answers:
    25 domains, $25 actually.

I am interested in online marketing, YouTube in particular, but I am open to any online businesses.

haha, I am not a domain investor, as I already stated, these are trash domains, if they aren't worth anything, and they wont sell, then I will let them expire without losing a minute of sleep. I am the Owner of Ashby Technologies, we own and manage over 200 websites, I am hardly worried about these undeveloped domains.

cfomodz, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  9. Sphor

Sphor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All the firefox domains violate a trademark and can get you into trouble. Those are worthless. Some of the others are decent though. Nothing very expensive however.

Sphor, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  10. cfomodz

cfomodz Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe it's just because I am not a lawyer, but I do not understand how owning a domain with a companies name in it violates a trademark...

Does http://www.paypalsucks.com/ violate a trademark just because they have the word "PayPal" in their name? (That is a legit question, I am not attempting to be sarcastic)

cfomodz, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  11. shelby90

shelby90 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    paypalsucks.com is a site that express people opinion about paypal, it cannot be a TM problem. While your firefox domains make no sense, so TM...

shelby90, Nov 25, 2012 IP
  12. cfomodz

cfomodz Member

Best Answers:
    Wait, because PayPalsucks expresses people's opinion, it is exempt to the law?

cfomodz, Nov 25, 2012 IP
  13. Ledlauzis

Ledlauzis Member

Best Answers:
    Since it is not competing with PayPal and expresses people's it is allowed to use its brand. Of course PayPal don't like such sites but it is allowed but the law.

Another example is when you have personal website or unrelated website using some brand name. Which of course means you can't compete with this other website and can't show ads related to it so this can't be AdSense website.

There are many small things about these rules but it is better not to use other brand names.

Ledlauzis, Nov 25, 2012 IP
  14. cfomodz

cfomodz Member

Best Answers:
    I guess that makes since.. Does anyone have some links to the actual laws / ordinances related to this matter, federally and on the state level?

cfomodz, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  15. DanAndro

DanAndro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should have a look at this hxx
    p://www.paypalsucks.com/domain-name-disputes.shtml

DanAndro, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  16. linksolution

linksolution Member

Best Answers:
    Do you think so?

You should know that Firefox is an authority site, its 15 version page would rank on the first position in Google.com and other quality sites would rank below Firefox 15... if you aim to rank than you have to make effort, just having keyword domain wouldn't help.. ......... and now a days, EMD is penalized..

linksolution, Nov 28, 2012 IP
  17. cfomodz

cfomodz Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you; that was a good read, however, I am not sure if that is the same thing, they are participating in free speech indeed, however, am I not (The site is not developed, however, no matter what I (or someone else) put on it, unless I am selling firefox (we can assume that no logical person would attempt to do this), then I am not sure how the content of the site would not be protected under first amendment rights)

cfomodz, Nov 28, 2012 IP
  18. khongsayk

khongsayk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ashbytechnologies.com ? that your site ?

khongsayk, Dec 15, 2012 IP
  19. khongsayk

khongsayk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
  20. khongsayk

khongsayk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    haha, I am not a domain investor, as I already stated, these are trash domains, if they aren't worth anything, and they wont sell, then I will let them expire without losing a minute of sleep. I am the Owner of Ashby Technologies, we own and manage over 200 websites, I am hardly worried about these undeveloped domains.[/QUOTE]

what kind of site do you have ?