1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I'm a Twitter expert, have about 1.5 million followers

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by dpunkz, Nov 20, 2012.

Our Twitter network is made up of 10 different accounts that are humor, relationship, quotes, and meme related mostly. Are biggest page has over 500,000 followers, the rest are over 200,000, and we have a bunch around 30,000 - 60,000 we are currently trying to grow or sell.

I see lots of threads naturally that have to do with how do you get a big following on twitter and so on so I will give a few tips.

- You have to have a great idea and tweet often every single day. Most big kahunas on twitter schedule tweets.

- You are not going to get big starting a twitter from 0 followers even with the best idea in the world. You can pay for promos to blow up quickly. You want at least 20,000 - 50,000+ followers initially to get decent organic growth from retweets if your content is good. Also you don't want to post cpc links to start making money tell you have at least 40,000 followers as it will just ruin the page.

- Some people just sit on twitter all day following everyone they can in hope for a follow back. Probably like 1/5 people you follow will follow back.. Problem is after abusing this to much you pretty much get a warning and next twitter will ban you.

- An account that has around 30,000 followers can make around $200 - $400 / month from tweeting links but it all depends on how well you can style ads and if you are getting good ones from the various sites you can use.

If anyone has questions I can answer a few of them you can also PM me.

dpunkz, Nov 20, 2012 IP
  2. rbates

rbates Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know that when you reach about the 2,000 mark, that if you are following significantly more that you have following you, that you cannot follow more people until you have upped your follower count.

So, where would you suggest putting your money for promotions?

rbates, Nov 20, 2012 IP
  3. dpunkz

dpunkz Peon

Best Answers:
    Any account that has at least 100,000 followers - 200,000 + is best.. Most people leave contact/business email in Twitter bio. Of course the more relevant the account is the better in most cases.

People have rates mostly for double RT or triple RT and a shoutout but dont waste your time on shoutouts.. A RT > shoutout.

Always look at tweet stats also if you are paying for promo... if you see an account with 200,000 followers but the tweets are avg 20 RT's the followers are not real or its a dead account.

dpunkz, Nov 20, 2012 IP
  4. upalc

upalc Active Member

Best Answers:
    You may evaluate the value of your single tweet that advertisers may agree to pay in general @ http://value.2et.in

by d way, what is your twitter handle ?

upalc, Nov 21, 2012 IP
  5. Follow.rs

Follow.rs Peon

Best Answers:
    That is preety nice

Follow.rs, Nov 21, 2012 IP
  6. FreshCoast

FreshCoast Peon

Best Answers:
    PM'd you
    Thanks

FreshCoast, Nov 21, 2012 IP
  7. mrvampir

mrvampir Peon

Best Answers:
    i'm a buzzer & have 2,5 million follower & confused about rate/tweet if a sell tweet service, coz different in any country. what do you think about the average rate/tweet in any country?

mrvampir, Nov 22, 2012 IP
  8. haier

haier Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this info but you didnt answer the million dollar question that is how to get that much followers?

haier, Nov 22, 2012 IP
  9. dpunkz

dpunkz Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to spend probably $x,xxx on promos and once you get big enough you can grow nicely organically if your tweets are good = people retweet them.. Once you are big enough you can do cross promos with other people with similar sized twitter followings.. if you have a great idea, great content you are tweeting.. on promos you can blow up like 1,000 - 5,000 + daily from nice accounts with say around 200,000+ followers.

And by promos I mean double or triple RT's, which most people have rates for.

That's how you get a big following the right way with people who actually want to follow you... The follow as many people as you can and hope for a follow back tactic is garbage, you are getting people to follow you that don't care at all about what you tweet.. just look at the stats on accounts like that you will see people who follow 50,000 people with 60,000 followers getting like 5 RT's/tweet.

dpunkz, Nov 22, 2012 IP
  10. RayGaloo

RayGaloo Peon

Best Answers:
    So idea is at start you pay for followers? And what is plan after if you try to target particular group than all payed followers need to be deleted or what? they are following because they are payed to do that .. they wont make traffic on your links ..

RayGaloo, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  11. TravisO

TravisO Peon

Best Answers:
    Can I see your page? I'm interested with humor and meme quotes.. LOL

TravisO, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  12. Mountainmom29

Mountainmom29 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sooooo confusing!!!!!

Mountainmom29, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  13. mrmaxwell

mrmaxwell Peon

Best Answers:
    Hehe I always keep learning new things about Twitter. When you post hashtags, it seems that you will be shown in search results based on a mix between the quality of your posts and the number of followers you have. Kind of a fuzzy logic.

mrmaxwell, Nov 30, 2012 IP
  14. wane100

wane100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would be interested to know it twitter really generates money

wane100, Nov 30, 2012 IP
  15. BasedGod

BasedGod Peon

Best Answers:
    How about, how to potentially keep all followers. You can send them a message (if allowed). Tell them you've followed in exchange. Courtesy goes a long way!

BasedGod, Dec 1, 2012 IP