1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New to website design and SEO

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by skirmish, Nov 8, 2012.

Hi All

I hope I'm posting in the right section and that someone can help me.

I'm a product designer and have designed a new product that is now licensed to be manufactured by a UK company. As well as it being sold in retail outlets I also want to sell it online through my own website. I've got a website up and running that I made using Google Blogger and although it's still work in progress i wanted it live to start attracting the search engines.

I've had advice to include Meta Tags in my html code and have got a Description and Keywords in there now.

What I haven't a clue about though is getting the search engines to visit my site and hopefully also give it a good ranking.

That's why I'm asking here and hopefully someone can offer some advice.

I believe I can't include my URL at this stage however the product is called garage-guard.co.uk and you may be able to find it.

Thanks in advance
    Dave

skirmish, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  2. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dave,

You should first focus on adding as much quality content to your website as possible- focusing around the type of search terms you would like to rank for in the future. Once you have done this (it's an on-going job, never stop!) you can start considering how you're going to generate links to your website. There are various methods both free and paid - and doing a little research on this and using the "search" function here at DigitalPoint will help you at first. Once you have a clearer understanding, you can begin to consider whether it would be worthwhile investing in some backlink services, like the ones we offer here.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  3. xboxsold

xboxsold Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    send me a email or a Private Message, I can help you but need more info. :)

xboxsold, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  4. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Dave,

You mentioned you built the site using Google Blogger. I hope you used your own domain as I don't think the free Blogger allows users to sell products on their blogsites.
    Anyway, if you want search engines to notice your site then I suggest you set up a Google Webmaster account and submit the site so that Google can index it.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  5. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    As information, I cannot see your website if I don't add www infront on your web address. About Google store on Blogger site, I think it is OK because I also have my own T-shirts stores base on blogger and it is still working well since I build it around March 2012. About getting SEO traffic, first you can focus on adding more contents. I only find 4 posts on your store.

unknownpray, Nov 14, 2012 IP
  6. biznics

biznics Member

Best Answers:
    It's not that simple to explain all the SEO and Web Design thingy here but I'll try to shorten things up in 2 points

1. Try to keep your website user-friendly as well as search engine-friendly. Make sure the links that your visitors wants to see are prominent and also ensure that the design is not too heavy. Your website represents the way you do business so make sure your design is also attractive enough to grab your audience.

2. Regarding SEO, all you need to get started is:

- add unique and quality content to your site on regular basis (after every 2-3 days)
    - make sure you read Google SEO Guide (search in Google and you'll be asked to download a PDF file). It's a short ebook and I highly recommend you to read it before doing anything with your SEO
    - get social. Make social accounts on Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn and similar sites. Make communities and discuss your product.
    - Most Important: Make sure you don't SPAM...

Good luck,

biznics, Nov 18, 2012 IP