1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article directories for link building

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by george.v, Nov 16, 2012.

What is the opinion of more experienced forum members in using article directories for link building. I have posted articles to a number of article directories and the only link i see in alexa is from Infobarrel, so i'm beginning to think is a waste of time.

george.v, Nov 16, 2012 IP
  2. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Article directory links for link building is not effective. For SEO, those backlinks are worthless. Article directories are not meant to create traffic or backlinks for your website. They are meant to give other webmasters content to syndicate. In theory, you submit a great article to a directory. Another webmaster, looking for great content, see's your article and publishes it on his website with your link listed as the articles source. Now you have a valuable backlink. Hopefully the cycle repeats and you get more and more backlinks from people republishing your articles. But none of this can happen unless your articles are professional quality.

r3dt@rget, Nov 16, 2012 IP
  3. pfeinstein

pfeinstein Active Member

Best Answers:
    Article directories want your original input in order to place their ads around your article real-estate. Very few directories ensure quality....

pfeinstein, Nov 16, 2012 IP
  4. biznics

biznics Member

Best Answers:
    No doubt article marketing used to work back till 2010. But after that, things have changed a lot and SEO is completely upgraded to a new level.

So in my personal experience and learnings, article submission to article directories is not effective anymore. However, you still have few doable options left which can bring results:

1. web 2.0 profiles (self-owned)
    2. guest blogging

If still confused; then Let me know.

biznics, Nov 18, 2012 IP
  5. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Questions like this have been asked a lot already, so I'll just copy and paste my previous response:

Article marketing is dead. If you want to do something like that, then spend time on writing some quality articles for guest posting. It won't give you a massive boost in rank, but (assuming you don't do it in a spammy way) it will have longevity (article marketing does not, directories are disappearing all of the time) and bring you traffic from the sites you post on, too. Article marketing is very low on relevancy too (it's a massive collection of articles on a wide range of subjects and varying levels of quality).

Guest posting will work well as long as you submit quality posts and take great care in where you post to.

A couple of videos worth watching on it:

Matt Cutts Weighs In On Guest Blogging For Links
    Matt Cutts Talks Guest Blogging (Again) And Article Spinning

After that, check out the very good blog posts about guest posting/blogging at SEOmoz.org.

ryan_uk, Nov 18, 2012 IP
  6. titleseo

titleseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Getting a link back from different properties will always help you to increase your search engine presence. You should keep doing SEO of your website so the competitor will never rank above you. SEO is all about continuous link building process. If you are not using article directories then you may miss some good backlinks.

titleseo, Nov 18, 2012 IP
  7. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Article submission is still a good method of building backlinks to your site but it is not as effective as before. I suggest you combine this method with other forms of link building.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Nov 18, 2012 IP
  8. bigp1612

bigp1612 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I honestly wouldn't waste my time on article directories. Why not just put a nice web 2.0 and send quality backlinks to it or use the article for guest posting?

bigp1612, Nov 21, 2012 IP
  9. soniamitsa

soniamitsa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    may be most of article directory from same ip / less page rank..... then sure waste of time.

soniamitsa, Nov 22, 2012 IP
  10. wingstech123

wingstech123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I agree with this reply. Article directory links for ling building isn't effective.. I really agree with this reply.. Thanks.

wingstech123, Nov 22, 2012 IP
  11. seohunk2u

seohunk2u Banned

Best Answers:
    Article is always good but is the article content is unique and article website is above PA & DA 40+. Do remember to use one article for one publication. If you need to post 100 articles, simple you have to write 100 unique articles. One article = One Post.

seohunk2u, Nov 22, 2012 IP
  12. ProSence

ProSence Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Only quality article directories would work so you should look for some quality article directories for better result.

ProSence, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  13. harsha.gleegs

harsha.gleegs Peon

Best Answers:
    ezine is the best on my view

harsha.gleegs, Nov 25, 2012 IP