1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is SWReg.org a scam?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by mikyur, Oct 20, 2008.

1. BIS VIVEK

BIS VIVEK Peon

Best Answers:
    YES,,, YES,,, YES!!!!!!!!!!! I had a swreg account and my account was blocked without any prior information, and i was advised that my payment are hols for 180 days to allow chargebacks and refunds. I between i had several conversation with swreg for partial payment as i was in the need of the same, but they always insisted to pay after 180 days & now when 180 days are over they say No payments will be made. I am in very urgent need of money... I had paid my company expenses & staffs from personal loans from friends, relatives and other market resources, and now when i was expecting to pay back they say they will not pay. For those who are using SWREG
    Dear Vendor: Your shop was closed by our Loss Prevention Team. No payment will be made. Regards, SWReg Vendor Support
    They can block your account anytime for 180 days & after that they can send you this kind of email. I AM RUINED BY THEM, HOPE YOU WILL SAVE YOURSELF AND YOUR BUSINESS.

BIS VIVEK, May 14, 2012 IP
  2. Ryanloop

Ryanloop Peon

Best Answers:
    This company will take your money whether you authorize it or not. They falsely advertise products. These people originally scammed me out of 24.99 a year ago. They said they had an untethered jailbreak for my iphone. I purchased and downloaded it. Guess what? They lied. It was a tethered jailbreak which I had already found on the internet FOR FREE. Untethered means I do not have to plug my phone into the computer every single time I want to turn it on. A tethered jailbreak is a headache. Well, after filing complaints a year ago nothing was ever resolved. I took it as a learning lesson and moved on with my life. Yesterday I saw that they not only charged my card once (24.99) they charged it twice (6.99), totaling an unauthorized $31.98. I called Digital River (952) 253-1234; who is affiliated with them and they told me that I would have to take it up with Swreg. BUT! Swreg has NO PHONE NUMBER. The lady said they only had an email address on file for them (Which makes Digital River JUST as guilty in my opinion, who the hell is affiliated with a company only by email?) The email address is . But I'm not holding my breath about them returning my email. However, I will dispute these unauthorized charges. These people are thugs!!

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryanloop, May 15, 2012 IP
  3. Meenakshi1

Meenakshi1 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is now getting out of control. What the hell are these bloody guys doing. SWREG IS THE SCAM OF THE CENTURY. PERIOD. There should be no debate on this and anyone who differs on this is a moron and I can prove it to anyone, any day. For a company managing a global business, they don't even have a phone number. What is a vendor supposed to do if for some reason his payment does not come through? Email them? Yeah, that's what they suggest. Anybody who can get me Swreg vendor support phone number, I will give them a $100.

Swreg owes us $5,800 and I have been sending them emails since 4 days. Earlier their reply never took more than a few hours. All this for maintaining the account without any charge backs. Our first payment was supposed to come on August 15 and we have not heard from Swreg ever since. Our shop has been closed and its no less than a nightmare.

No vendor should trust these guys. They don't deserve it. Paypal alternative my ass. They can't even substitute their own pathetic self.

I am just going to wait for 24 hours and if our payments are not released, I am going to have all the transactions reversed by my clients and will bomb their headquarters in Minnesota even if I have to go behind the bars after that.

Meenakshi1, Aug 19, 2012 IP
  4. qalott

qalott Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    have you been able to contact them..? whats the status of payment...? have they returned you...?
    i am also a victim of this scam webiste.. they owe me close to 5000$.. bt not replying my emails ..!!!

qalott, Sep 20, 2012 IP
  5. Fsholding

Fsholding Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Easy earning money from them :) They also hold our money and now even refuse to answer our e-mails we are sending.
    I don't know how such company can keep on operating after all these negative experiences

Fsholding, Sep 23, 2012 IP
  6. hostingdirect24

hostingdirect24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just came across a site today that were using SWREG and immediately closed it. Never again, their business practices may not be outright scam but they are extremely fishy and customer services is non-existent.

hostingdirect24, Oct 2, 2012 IP
  7. katrina47

katrina47 Active Member

Best Answers:
    glad i found this thread, i was about to put there links on my site :p

katrina47, Oct 14, 2012 IP
  8. mbse4

mbse4 Peon

Best Answers:
    TOTAL SCAMMERS!

I have been trying to get a refund by going through their website at CARDQUERY . COM. They Don't Reply. I found these phone numbers below by acting as if I want to make a purchase using a credit card by phone.......When I call the number, the recording states that this number is for orders ONLY, the reps can not help you with refunds. It then directs you to cardquery . com.
    I spoke to one of these reps & she gave me the email address info @ swreg . org.

Call & email them constantly please.

mbse4, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  9. mbse4

mbse4 Peon

Best Answers:
    PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW!
    Your order is not complete until you contact us.
    Order Number: U4841624701
    Please note that the charge will appear on your credit card statement as DRI*iPhone Unlocking cardquery . com

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD][TABLE="class: swr__table, width: 346"]
    [TR="class: swr__head, bgcolor: #C7CED6"]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]Reseller Information[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: swr__label, align: right"]Sold by:[/TD]
    [TD="class: swr__data"]SWREG Inc.
    10380 Bren Road West
    Minnetonka, MN 55343
    US[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: swr__label, align: right"]VAT Number:[/TD]
    [TD="class: swr__data"]EU826011714[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: swr__label, align: right"]Federal Tax ID:[/TD]
    [TD="class: swr__data"]35-2308811[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="width: 20"][/TD]
    [TD="width: 348"][TABLE="class: swr__table, width: 346"]
    [TR="class: swr__head, bgcolor: #C7CED6"]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]Billing Information[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: swr__label, align: right"]Name:[/TD]
    [TD="class: swr__data"]Layla Gray[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: swr__label, align: right"]Street:[/TD]
    [TD="class: swr__data"]123 Street[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: swr__label, align: right"]City:[/TD]
    [TD="class: swr__data"]Minnetonka[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: swr__label, align: right"]State/Province:[/TD]
    [TD="class: swr__data"]MN[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: swr__label, align: right"]Zip/Postal code:[/TD]
    [TD="class: swr__data"]55343[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: swr__label, align: right"]Country:[/TD]
    [TD="class: swr__data"]United States[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: swr__label, align: right"]Email:[/TD]
    [TD="class: swr__data"]

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TABLE]
    [TR="bgcolor: #c7ced6"]
    [TH]Product[/TH]
    [TH]Price[/TH]
    [TH]Qty[/TH]
    [TH]Delivery[/TH]
    [TH]Total[/TH]
    [/TR]
    [TR="bgcolor: #ffffff"]
    [TD="class: swr_product_name"]iPhone Unlocking One-Time Payment for Lifetime Membership - Standard[/TD]
    [TD="class: swr__numdata, align: right"]US $19.95[/TD]
    [TD="class: swr_quantity, align: center"]1[/TD]
    [TD="class: swr_delivery_method"]Standard[/TD]
    [TD="class: swr__numdata, align: right"]US $19.95[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 5"][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: swr__label, colspan: 4, align: right"]Total:[/TD]
    [TD="class: swr__totdata, align: right"]US $19.95[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: swr__tax_description, colspan: 4, align: right"]MN - STATE SALES/USE TAX (6.88%)
    MN - METROPOLITAN TRANSIT IMPROVEMENT AREA (HENNEPIN CO), DISTRICT SALES/USE TAX (0.25%)
    MN - HENNEPIN, COUNTY SALES/USE TAX (0.15%)[/TD]
    [TD="class: swr__totdata, align: right"]US $1.45
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: swr__label, colspan: 4, align: right"]Surcharge[/TD]
    [TD="class: swr__totdata, align: right"]US $3.00[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: swr__label, colspan: 4, align: right"]Grand Total[/TD]
    [TD="class: swr__totdata, align: right"]US $24.40[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

mbse4, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  10. nallitet

nallitet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    good provider... never had problems

nallitet, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  11. mbse4

mbse4 Peon

Best Answers:
    nallitet, You must be one in a million!

However, with much persistance, I finally got a refund from SWReg! So, don't give up people! I emailed & emailed & emailed until they finally replied that since they did not hear from DRI*iphoneunlocking, they were processing my refund.

!Happy!

mbse4, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  12. sashko123

sashko123 Peon

Best Answers:
    i made an account here JUST to reply to this, SWREG/Digital river is not a scam. i felt very skeptical about buying a programme from them that cost me £829.55 (CPAGREED if you dont believe me),

the product was good, but i didnt have the skills to use it so i requested a refund this morning at about 08:30AM. at 9:24AM i got an email form paypal saying i recieved a full refund from SWREG. and to all the people who cant contact them

Phone number: +1(952) 2531234

i am not paid to say this nor am i a member of swreg, just feel sorry that a company that refunded me within 1 hour of me sending them an email is getting such bad complaints

sashko123, Nov 17, 2012 IP
  13. sashko123

sashko123 Peon

Best Answers:
    a bit extreme to bomb them? btw, as i gave the phone number in the post above,, im waiting for mt $100

sashko123, Nov 17, 2012 IP
  14. sousen

sousen Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have not use SWReg personally but look around many people are sayd they are scam... So no way to use them in future.. SWReg must look this issue if they are real

sousen, Nov 18, 2012 IP
  15. Peter-Forland

Peter-Forland Peon

Best Answers:
    It certainly looks as if SWReg could be ripping people off. The method is to levy purported VAT or sales tax for foreign governments, outside of the USA, on purchases made by residents in these European or other countries.

Very recently (in Jan 2013) I was looking at purchasing a small program through the SWReg service. I was puzzled when I reached the payment page to see that a seemingly US company was collecting VAT or sales tax for various Europe administrations. The payment itself was linked to the country of residence. the correct rates for The UK, Germany and Norway, residents in Norway are required to pay a 25% surcharge to SWReg.
    I lost concentration a bit while checking these possibilities to and fro and ended up inadvertently buying the software. So I immediately e-mailed them a complaint and requested a refund of the extra 25%.
    The reply stated:-
    We received your inquiry concerning the VAT collected on the order. Any
    product sold into the European Union includes a VAT charge, which is
    variable and depends on the country. The VAT rate, and hence the total
    price, may alter once the shipping destination has been selected.
    SWREG began the collection of VAT on July 1, 2003, as required by law.
    If the order is to be placed free of VAT, enter the VAT number in the
    VAT ID field provided on the cart page. This will allow the order to be

placed without VAT being added.

There are several gross errors here-
    a) I've checked with several accountants at my workplace and neither they or any other reputable companies dealing in international commerce arrange collection of VAT or other sales taxes for foreign governments. The administration costs would be enormous., one retorted that it was more than enough just dealing with the local authorities.
    b) What are the financial mechanisms for SWReg to make a taxation report individually to all the European countries to account for the turnover from each individual country. SWReg must have an army of accountants.
    c) Membership of the European Union is enjoyed by many european countries but Norway is not one of these.
    d) SWReg are ignorant of Norwegian import and e-commerce regulations. There is a minimum amount below which VAT is NOT levied. Again the reason is that very small amounts are un-economic for the authority to collect.

The last reply from SWReg was to request my VAT reg no. which as a private person I don't have.

My response has been to enquire as to which of the various European VAT regulations they are applying, these are different from country to country, and to request their head office postal address and that of their local Inland Revenue office in Eden Prairie, Minnesota.
    And there the matter stands- My advice is not to deal with SWReg or the parent company for that matter because a parent that is unwaware of activities in a subsiduary is not a healthy company.

If SWReg were an EU company then they would be required to levy the VAT rate for the country they are registered or based in and it would be up to the purchaser to investigate his or her possibilities for a VAT refund on imported goods in their country of residence.
    But this falls by the way as Norway is not a member state.

Peter-Forland, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  16. melly666

melly666 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can't remember exactly the problems I had with SWReg as it was 2-3 years a go...but I remember I had to get my bank onto them to get my money back as they refused a refund due to some software being faulty....I remember sending about 80 photocopied emails to my bank for proof of the conversations that had been going on between us....and yes after all this fighting with them and bother the bank did get on to them and I got my money back. AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!

melly666, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  17. Willie McGlone

Willie McGlone Peon

Best Answers:
    SWReg is complete and utter Scam! Do not send any of your card details to them. I made that mistake and now I am trying to find a way of stopping a monthly payment. I should have known better myself. I only ever deal with a company that has a telephone number and a proper address. I will now need to get my bank to take action to prevent any further payment.

Willie McGlone, Feb 2, 2013 IP
  18. Willie McGlone

Willie McGlone Peon

Best Answers:
    You must think people are stupid. These people should be locked up for stealing peoples money.

Willie McGlone, Feb 2, 2013 IP
  19. Valerie0214

Valerie0214 Peon

Best Answers:

Valerie0214, May 7, 2013 IP
  20. Valerie0214

Valerie0214 Peon

Best Answers:
    I ordered using this company, they sent a confirmation of my order to my email.
    I searched for their site and at the very bottom there is "contact" - that gave me an opportunity to contact them for a refund, give you an opportunity to print it but if you missed it and try to copy it, it leaves out all your details on the form to request a refund, so I copied image and pasted in my word processing so I have a backup of all that has been said between us, before hitting enter or send on the request.
    This is the contact id for this: https://www.swreg.org/app/contactus/ and I filled out their form.

I immediately got an email
    RE: REFUND REQUEST to with cc to me - so clearly they are making a request to the vendor to refund my money.

We will see how long it takes the vendor to refund the order money and if I don't get it I'll let you know.

You might try this address and see if you get any results.

Thanks for letting me respond to your problem ... and the thought occurs to me that, while SWReg/Digital River seem a little cagey about your getting a copy of what you are doing through them, the real problem lies, it appears, in the vendor paying back the money. I'll let you know what they do.

Valerie0214, May 7, 2013 IP