1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to know about HDFC / SBI / ICICI Credit Card for PayPal Use

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by pupul, Sep 1, 2012.

I need a Credit Card in India for PayPal Payment Use.

I don't have much knowledge about Credit Cards.

So which Bank in India gives Credit Card on minimum deposit?
    What fees they deduct? Per transaction? monthly/yearly? Any other fees?

I heard from someone that HDFC gives @Rs5000, ICICI/SBI gives @Rs20000

Also mention other bank credit cards which are good.

I should know their merits and demerits.

pupul, Sep 1, 2012 IP
  2. needtruehelp

needtruehelp Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,If you live in City then you can get Credit Card easily. Go to any bank where you have an account and fill up the form to get the CC.In case you live in small city, better go to ICICI Bank. Get an Fixed Deposit on 2000 and get an Instant Credit Card from them.You can use this to Connect to PayPal, get Verified or even use it to Purchase using PayPal.Normally they charge you, I remember 3.5% of the Transaction Charges if you deal in other currency then Rs.While if you want to verify the Paypal, every card will show the PP Code on the statement or in SMS you get in your Mobile.But ICICI or HDFC cards are good when you need to confirm the amount charged in other Currency at some other place, because SBI will only shows the Transaction convereted into INRIf you want just to verify the PayPal, then add any Bank Account of India and Paypal will deposit 2 small amount in your Bank and you just confirm to get your Paypal Verified.Hope this helps.Thanks Abhishek

needtruehelp, Sep 5, 2012 IP
  3. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have gone to HDFC Bank and asked.
    They told to deposit Rs12000 to get Credit Card. I have to apply for the Credit Card after 3 months as I created a new Bank account at HDFC Bank.
    I'll let you know when I get a Credit Card.

pupul, Nov 4, 2012 IP
  4. bestbuy18

bestbuy18 Peon

Best Answers:
    will they ask you anything , other than investing 12000 INR ?
    I like mean salary statement ?

bestbuy18, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  5. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I gave them xerox copy of my PAN Card and Voter ID Card. Also 1 Photo.
    I forgot to take my BSNL bill copy to show. But they managed without that .
    No salary statement needed.

pupul, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  6. kajol shafiq

kajol shafiq Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Abhishek,

I just want to know whether u yourself have used an ICICI or HDFC credit card to purchase anything online through paypal. I am asking this because my local bank doesn't have any idea about paypal! Pl confirm

kajol shafiq, Nov 18, 2012 IP
  7. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You need a Credit Card attached to PayPal to Purchase anything online through PayPal.
    Don't ask your bank about PayPal. They don't have the answer. Only ask them how to apply for Credit card.

pupul, Nov 18, 2012 IP
  8. kajol shafiq

kajol shafiq Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay fine, and thanks for your reply, but I suppose u have just opened an account with HDFC and will have to wait for at least 3 months ( my HDFC manager said 6 months) for your card. This is why I want to hear that from an actual user who is using one of the above credit cards to purchase through paypal.

I also have another question for you all. Since I already have my paypal account verified through my SBI savings account number, do I have to add and verify my credit card again with paypal, before I could buy anything online through paypal ?

9. sousen

sousen Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all you no need to make any deposit for get a credit card. If you have bank account and you are good customer of the bank they will offer you for credit card. If you are salaried employee you can apply for credit card they will ask you for your Pay-Slip.

sousen, Nov 18, 2012 IP
  10. kajol shafiq

kajol shafiq Peon

Best Answers:
    I am well aware of that mate, the problem is if you open an account right now, they will make you wait for at least another 3 months before you get to apply for a credit card, so it practically means that if u need a card immediately, u must get an instant card by making an FD.

But it seems no body has answered my other queries related to credit card verification when u have already a verified paypal account.

11. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i have Verified My PayPal Account Through My Axis Bank Titanium Debit Cards. You Can Also Look For Axis Bank Credit Cards. It Will Easily Accepted By PayPal.

iwebsocial, Nov 18, 2012 IP
  12. seohunk2u

seohunk2u Banned

Best Answers:
    ICICI Bank is good. Contact with their bankers and sign a good card accordingly your requirement. They are cooperative.

seohunk2u, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  13. GIRI3259

GIRI3259 Peon

Best Answers:
    today i applied instant credit card in icici bank and deposited 20000 as fixed deposit . so my problem is that where i am there in cibil list or not . So i want to confirm that i eligible for the credit card

GIRI3259, Dec 6, 2012 IP