1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sitemap Priority?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by juerald, Nov 7, 2012.

Hello guys i opened a website 1 week ago and started working with SEO , after generated my sitemap with wordpress plugin XML Sitemap Generator but i did a mistake with
    Priority.
    I putet all priorities in 100% and i know it was wrong. Now i changed the values for posts 30% homepage 100% for 2pages 50% and tags 20% but when i open results of my site in google site:mysite.com they generate me 56 results and in first result i see my site and all tags , in last pages i see my posts? Any idea?

Results like that : sitename.com/tag/jailbreak sitename.com/tag/tweak

juerald, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  2. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry too much about it. Priority tag probably mostly helps Google determine which URLs to prioritize for crawling or if if everything else is tie, which to show first in search results. You can check this article for more info: http://makesitemaps.com/xml-sitemaps-and-priority-values/

websitetools, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  3. Webian

Webian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is what about priority tag:

The priority of this URL relative to other URLs on your site. Valid values range from 0.0 to 1.0. This value does not affect how your pages are compared to pages on other sites—it only lets the search engines know which pages you deem most important for the crawlers.
    The default priority of a page is 0.5.
    Please note that the priority you assign to a page is not likely to influence the position of your URLs in a search engine's result pages. Search engines may use this information when selecting between URLs on the same site, so you can use this tag to increase the likelihood that your most important pages are present in a search index.
    Also, please note that assigning a high priority to all of the URLs on your site is not likely to help you. Since the priority is relative, it is only used to select between URLs on your site.

Webian, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  4. torrado

torrado Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanx webian this information was helpful for me :)

torrado, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  5. meenuweb

meenuweb Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing to worry about it. I always create sitemap through xml-sitemaps.com/. Whenever You create a sitemap though site it provide two options one is no priority and another is automatic priority.I sometime choose no priority so it does not have great difference.

meenuweb, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  6. vicky98

vicky98 Peon

Best Answers:
    No need to worry. You can set priority according this rule. 1.00, 0.80, 0.64, 0.51

vicky98, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  7. juerald

juerald Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for informations.

juerald, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  8. jhosky

jhosky Peon

Best Answers:
    Make the homepage as highest priority if you do some post update through homepage.

jhosky, Nov 16, 2012 IP