1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do squeeze pages/email lists still work?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by jester602, Nov 10, 2012.

I mean, really, who reads their emails, and clicks on emails that even look SLIGHTLY like offers and cost money, in the first place? Although this may be a biased, and an unrepresentative sample size by asking you guys, it just doesn't seem it would work.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
    jester602, Nov 10, 2012 IP
  2. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Depends, perhaps you don't have any problem that you can't solve yourself alone. If you did or thought you did, and you were subscribed on a list dealing with that problem, then perhaps you would still be curious about any email talking about your problem, if it is ongoing and still unsolved.

JamesColin, Nov 10, 2012 IP
  3. jay5x

jay5x Member

Best Answers:
    You will here most marketers say "the money is in the list", and its true. If you buy make money online programs, a lot of them will teach list building and promoting to a list.

jay5x, Nov 11, 2012 IP
  4. digitalX

digitalX Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    yes, list building and squeeze pages still work, and will continue to work in the coming future. If you aren't already doing it then start now and build your list in your niche.

digitalX, Nov 11, 2012 IP
  5. shuvo

shuvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    They still works and they always will be.List building is one of the best way to get sales and leads I have ever seen and tested.

shuvo, Nov 11, 2012 IP
  6. Alex-Brooks.co.uk

Alex-Brooks.co.uk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course e-mail marketing still works, it's never not going too, people are always going to sign up to newsletters / email lists.

Alex-Brooks.co.uk, Nov 11, 2012 IP
  7. paulrushton007

paulrushton007 Member

Best Answers:
    Take it from me list building and it's methods still work. And they do generate a lot of money. They do however need to follow certain rules to be successful. Firstly, traffic needs to be targeted so that you know that those that sign up are interested in your product. Secondly you need to provide something of value to the subscriber not merely add him to a list. Sales are usually made through the sales funnel and these must over deliver and provide product trust. Rapport and trust need to be established and an understanding of the recipient from the start.

People do still read their emails and as long as you are distinct from the spam in a persons inbox you will make money. If you answer their needs and anticipate their problems, provide a solution and a service people will remember you and pay attention for many months. They will trust your reviews and your recommendations.

1: Provide a good value free product on your squeeze page.
    2: Only chase targeted traffic to that squeeze page.
    3: Have a solid sales funnel that provides a quality product.
    4: Provide quality support and follow up to your subscribers paid and unpaid.
    5: Tailor your follow up to THEIR needs - not yours.

The subscribers who stay through this process are very likely to buy a high ticket product once faith and trust are established.

paulrushton007, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  8. Scoty

Scoty Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you build the list yourself then yes (like signing up to your newsletter), it's still a potential way to increase your earnings. Buying lists/randomly emailing people, you can't really expect much (if anything) from that, regardless of how much you target it to their specific interests.

Though I do agree that we're a biased group to sample, so I do acknowledge this is entirely my own opinion/experience.

Scoty, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  9. new2dp

new2dp Member

Best Answers:
    they still work and will always work. Its about building long term asset. Nurture your subscribers with valuable content, they will buy from you in no time

new2dp, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  10. MobileInternet

MobileInternet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely... If customers buy from you before and they are on your list, it is easier to sell to them again. If subscribers are on your list, it means they are interested in your niche.... Having an email list is the most powerful way to make money. I have several different lists with over 25,000 subscribers in total. I send new content every 2 weeks and my conversion rate is very high.

MobileInternet, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  11. theAdviserMe

theAdviserMe Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my own opinion, yes this can still be working but due to competition you must make your squeeze page really appealing and you must make your offer really attractive...

theAdviserMe, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  12. FBLikeShop

FBLikeShop Peon

Best Answers:
    List building still works. Try wpleadrocket.com Its one of the best converting squeeze pages I've used. It's simple and grabs emails like crazy.

FBLikeShop, Nov 16, 2012 IP
  13. SD12

SD12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nailed it, and yes they still work and are essential. You must always be above board and offer real value. Take care of your list/customers. Otherwise you won't be successful with it. Once they trust you, you will be able to bank.

SD12, Nov 16, 2012 IP