1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What would this domain be worth really? or best used for?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by GuessWork, Nov 14, 2012.

New to all this. I have been looking for a generic keyword domain name to register to build up or possibly sell. I found one which seems lengthy. Its a 4 word long phrase keyword (dot com). On estibot, about 20,000 local exact searches per month. high competition, cpc $18, google page rank 1, valued at just under 900 dollars. Is That the real value? Any opinions on true worth or possible profitable use for this? Thanks in advance for your thoughts..

GuessWork, Nov 14, 2012 IP
  2. david.michael

david.michael Active Member

Best Answers:
    it will depend on all you... ur work on that domain

david.michael, Nov 14, 2012 IP
  3. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    If you buy it to resell undeveloped, then it's not worth much at all. If you develop a good site and get it ranked well (without spam links) then you could have a little Gold Mine on your hands. Assuming you're buying the domain for reg fee. And that really is the traffic.

By the way, "high competition" as in Google Adwords Keyword Tool? That just means a lot of advertisers. You should check the search engine competition manually. Also do a search in Google Adwords Keyword Tool (it's the only truly accurate way to check the potential Google traffic) for this phrase (and choose a match type of exact) to ensure it really is 20000 local search per month.

(I just did a check for one of my sites and the results from estibot were far from accurate.)

ryan_uk, Nov 17, 2012 IP
  4. ImageAuthors

ImageAuthors Member

Best Answers:
    Automatic appraisals from Estibot or anywhere else are notoriously unreliable. Ignore them. However, if your domain really has those search stats and CPC, then it might have some value. Then again, it may not. Feel free to let me know what the domain is. Perhaps I will buy it or trade for it.

ImageAuthors, Nov 23, 2012 IP