1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

a bit feed up bout infraction

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by DaDMan, Nov 26, 2006.

Howdy.. how to say.. in a calm way... hehe
    Deep breath.... . deep breath.... ok... think I'll be all right...

Here's the situation.. can any mod over here buzz me to "educate" me????
    Or if it's not for this well maybe simply to let me know WHY I get an infraction AGAIN on this thread??
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?p=1815421#post1815421

That's the only one I wanna know.. the others are forgetton already... ho.. yeah do I have to say that I've readed all the guidelines on the "honors" and "reputation" etc etc concerning the "infraction" .. that they are not really important but blablabla..but jeezzz.. they might not be much important but they do are freaking annoying... specially when I can get to see why a reply to somebody that has posted a bid could be an infraction!

Hey.. if a mod got my number please put it back in the hat and pick another one.

Feel like in the kitty garden currently

"infraction is" Bumping Thread...

DaDMan, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    When a post serves no purpose other than promote thread to top of the list it is considered a bump.

Your post basically thanks the previous bidder for his bid and asks if anyone is interested in raising the ante.

We have all been taught to be polite but now the best way to be polite is to put your thank you messages in a PM.

Smyrl, Nov 26, 2006 IP
    Jim4767 and jdR!pper like this.
  3. DaDMan

DaDMan Guest

Best Answers:
    well.. see.. from my view the post was serving the purpose of taking care of the current action that was in process. Nothing more.

Thanks for this information.

DaDMan, Nov 26, 2006 IP
  4. jdR!pper

jdR!pper Peon

Best Answers:
    Just ignore it dude! they might be annoying but still not that important. :)

jdR!pper, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  5. Grafstein

Grafstein Peon

Best Answers:
    The mods gave you an INFRACTION for a reason.
    Please stop posting this,contact the mods directly instead of forcing the average member to endure your nonsence.

Grafstein, Nov 27, 2006 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  6. DaDMan

DaDMan Guest

Best Answers:
    I beg your pardon? :eek:

"The mods gave you an INFRACTION for a reason"
    "Please stop posting this"

What Am I suppose to understand by your intervention? You received and infraction. That's it! You do not have to inform your self why neither than you do not have the right to express your point of view neither than your concern. You received an infraction so take it and shut up.

Your intervention give's me exactly this feeling.

"contact the mods directly instead of forcing the average member to endure your nonsence" -> This is exactly what I was doing by asking what was the problem and why I effectivelly received an infraction. I think that I am in the correct forum to post and ask this question and I also deeply think that I am in the complete rights to ask. And I received an answer from a mods in regards to the original question. I do not see nothing constructive in your current intervention beside trying to do a "force" demonstration of control and fear. "You received an infraction so take it and shut up".

"instead of forcing the average member to endure your nonsence" -> It is pleasant to see what you think of the members that does not have three thousand post to they're active and does not have the "grade" of spirit walker. I did'nt know that they/we where "average members" I would of like to be able to have a more developped sentence explaining your view of "average member". As for the "forcing" them, I do not see where I am "forcing" anybody to "endure" my "nonsence". If there is something, maybe that those same "average members" might be or might have been receiving the same infractions and wondering themself how come and why. I wont speak for nobody as I was the one wondering and I am the one who came and ask the question. I know for a fact that not everybody is asking questions in life when they would feel like. Maybe fearing intervention like yours.

This simple question that I asked might been in fact answering for more DP'ers that have lived a situation like this without asking. In my humble opinion , I see this being constructive. Whereas in my humble opinion again, I see your 2 phrase intervention, un-necessary, un-explanative, and wondering myself what is the "noncense" between my question and your intervention.

Furthermore and lastly, as you could see, I did'nt reply on this thread after having received an intelligent answer and after having answered to it.
    There was another reply after wich I did'nt get back to as my original concern was answered and explained. In fact, you are the one posting back and putting back this thread alive.

Really getting interresting. You might want to go up front and banned me to be sure that the freedom of speech is kept oppressed?

You have a nice day.

DaDMan, Nov 27, 2006 IP
    Ginene likes this.
  7. ebiz

ebiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    shhhh they are watching

Suggestions & Feedback : isnt that the point of this area ?

ebiz, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  8. DaDMan

DaDMan Guest

Best Answers:
    Suppose to.. and the sub description of it is:
    "Something you do or don't like? Let us know. This is also the place for questions regarding this forum."

So.. yep.. that was originally "something I dont like".. but according to Grafstein when you dont like something you stick with it and dont bother the "average" population with it...
    :cool:

Anyhow.. my original question as been answered by Smyrl which was quite correct and I replied back to the answer wich was also quite correct.. case was close for me eh... but hey.. :D Seem's not for others.

Anyhow..
    /login out

DaDMan, Nov 27, 2006 IP
  9. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:
    DaDMan albeit to air out your frustration. But in some aspect what Graftsein said about contacting a Mod via pm would be a great idea. It may be annoying to pm them. But it can help at times.

I have done this once or maybe twice depending if I could see past the red in my eyes. But the mods have always replied back with helpful hints, tips or tricks. One said they would look into a matter which they did for me. It didnt change the infraction but I was able to be steared in a better direction of my posting habits or thinking.

lpstong, Nov 27, 2006 IP
    DaDMan likes this.