1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to "actually" increase your Facebook Page likes

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by The Webmaster, Nov 3, 2012.

In the era of social networking, everyone wants a piece of it. We all have heard many phenomenal success stories of people on social media sites and we want some of that for ourselves. Facebook, being the most popular social network, obviously draws the most attention. Facebook pages are an excellent way to promote your products. But what is the key? What is the secret ingredient of social success? How can you get thousands of likes? I have been reading the threads here and even the sticky is full of junk posts so it's hard to get solid info out of it. That is why I decided to write this simple guideline on "How actually to increase your Facebook page likes".

There are only two ways to get more likes for your page - 1) The Right Way and 2) The Wrong Way
    The right way requires hard work, may be some money and lot of dedication. But if you do it the right way, you'll get a ton of subscribers and a very popular page. Let's take a look at the right way, step by step.

1) Creating the page
    a) Page Name -Be creative when creating a page on Facebook. Don't pick a generic sounding page name. No one wants to click on a page called - "Rob's super awesome page" so choose a catchy name.

b) About section - Same goes for 'About' section. Describe your page in no more than two lines and be creative.

c) Page Username - When your page is eligible to get a username, get it. pick a short and memorable and official sounding username for your page. 'rob1239845' is not a good username.

d) Profile picture and cover image - They say a picture is worth 1000 words, it's very true for your page. Get a custom cover image made that shows the theme of your page. My experience says a good cover image is half the battle won. Cover image should not be overly flashy, you don't want to blind your visitors, you just want their attention.

2) Creating content -
    Content is the key of your success. Good content will get viral and drive more people to your page. Bad content will drive whatever subscriber you have away.
    a) Create unique content - People love fresh content, If they like it, they will like it and/or share it.

b) Keep an eye on the mood of your subscribers - Take a note on what they like, what kind of content gets most likes and shares. You want to have those types of contents.

c) Keep a certain diversity in your content - Even if your promoting a product or blog or site or service, don't post just about it. Time to time use humorous pictures, cartoons, meme, videos, jokes or world affairs. Stuffs like these have better chances to get viral.

d) Repost your old but popular content after about a month or so - This was you will ensure that your popular contents will reach your new fans. Good way to increase your reach.

3) Promoting your page -
    Here you got to make a decision, whether you want to spend some money on your page or you want to go the free way. Keep in mind that if you are not spending the money then your got to work really hard.

a) Paid promotions - Paid promotions are easiest way to get the likes.

- Signup for the Facebook ads account and create ads for your page. Ads system of Facebook is a vast topic so I'm not going into details on how to manage your ads. May be when I have time I'll create another post for it later. But if you are creative and dedicated for your page, trust me you will get tremendous results from ads.

- Promote your content on Facebook. Facebook provides a promotion system for individual content, use it. Not for all of your contents though, that would be waste of your money. If a post is getting high number of likes and shares, promote it once it runs it's organic course. That way you will get even more likes and shares and increase the reach. ​

b) Free way - As I said earlier it is going to be really tough. It requires many hours of hard work every day.

- Invite all of your Facebook friends to your page, ask them to share and like your content.

- Send invites to your email contacts, when they join your page, ask them to share and like your content.

- Join similar pages, message the admins and ask them to promote your content via their pages. Don't forget to promote their content as well. ​

c) Connect to your subscribers - This is the most important thing to do. If they comment, be sure to comment back. If your post gets many likes/shares, post an appreciation, thank your subscriber. Make them feel that they are a part of the community.

d) Keep patience and be active - Don't feel bored and discouraged if you are not getting as many likes as you expected after a month. It takes time, you never know when your page gets viral and subscribers start to pour in.

e) Use other medium as well - Use whatever mediums you have, be it other social media sites like twitter or forums to promote your page.

If you do things right way, it will be only matter of time before you hit the jackpot. Now let's take a look at what you should not do when promoting your page

1) Do not buy likes from third party - Sure, they will increase your likes overnight, but these likes are useless. They are most likely hacked/stolen/fake accounts. So while you are getting likes, they are not helping you in increasing your reach. Also keep in mind that sooner than later, Facebook will ban these accounts so you'll lose these likes anyway.

2) Spam your page - Don't do that, it's irritating. If someone comes and spam my page with their page, I take away their posting privilege. Instead message the admin of the page and request them to cross promote your content.

3) Get in fight with your subscribers over anything - Don't do it, because if you do you will come up as immature teenager. Instead if one/some of your subscriber(s) is/are rude, warn them via message. It works most of the time. They either unlike your page or get their act together. If it doesn't work then simply take away their posting/commenting privilege.

So now you know how to increase your page likes. Good luck to you all young adventurers! Go and conquer the world of Facebook!

PS: Please excuse any typo I might have made. If you think that I've missed anything, please feel free to post in comment.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
    The Webmaster, Nov 3, 2012 IP
  2. wigwam2002

wigwam2002 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cheers for the tips there Webmaster. Already making changes to my FB page thanks to this...

wigwam2002, Nov 3, 2012 IP
    The Webmaster likes this.
  3. DougKasper

DougKasper Active Member

Best Answers:
    I totally disagree with your "not buying likes"

I have made tons of money and have gotten to the top of fb search by buying likes. Once your page gets to the top of your keyword phrase (make sure the phrase is in the fb fan page title) you get REAL likes from people finding your through search

DougKasper, Nov 3, 2012 IP
  4. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Glad you found it helpful mate. Good luck for your page...

Only useful if you are looking to skim the short term gain. Buying likes will flag your page sooner or later.
    I have seen countless pages getting banned for buying likes, so if you don't care that your page gets banned after 2 or 3 months, go for it but keep in mind that it breaks the facebook Pages TOS.

On the other hand using facebook ads is legitimate way to get likes.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
    The Webmaster, Nov 4, 2012 IP
  5. MarvinE

MarvinE Member

Best Answers:
    These are very good advices. I am actually planning to start a fb page and this post really helps me. Thank you. :)

MarvinE, Nov 4, 2012 IP
  6. TravisO

TravisO Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice tips! I'm glad you posted something like this here... It can be very helpful, particularly to newbies...

TravisO, Nov 4, 2012 IP
  7. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Thanks Marvin, All the best for your new page.. :)

Thank you guys.. I wrote it as the start-up guide for newbies. Hopefully it will help them to get started on the right track..

The Webmaster, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  8. kaavay

kaavay Peon

Best Answers:
    great tips..since Facebook is one of the best means to attract your customers, it is necessary to follow these tips and get genuine likes :)

kaavay, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  9. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Yes, of course. Facebook is becoming stricter, banning pages that breaks TOS, removing fake likes and blocking fake users. So it is necessary to keep our pages in the tunes with FB TOS.

The Webmaster, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  10. margzxero

margzxero Peon

Best Answers:
    nice i will apply this to my page

margzxero, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  11. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice, I will implement them in the near future to increase my facebook likes

Gianni Palazzo, Nov 9, 2012 IP
  12. grzegrze

grzegrze Peon

Best Answers:
    The Webmaster, thank you for your very useful tips and advises, good job. What is your opiniion in that matter: is that good for fanpage to like as many as possible another fanpages or not?

grzegrze, Nov 10, 2012 IP
  13. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    If those fan pages have something that is similar to your page and may interest your fans then yeah, why not? Like relevant pages, just don't go on liking spree hoping that will like you back or something.

The Webmaster, Nov 10, 2012 IP
  14. grzegrze

grzegrze Peon

Best Answers:
    If I understand FB well the situation is as follows: if I like fanpage it received from me gift as a list of my friends which would receive posts and promotions from the fanpage I liked. So what is my benefit?

grzegrze, Nov 10, 2012 IP
  15. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Nope, your friends don't receive posts and promotion from the pages you like.. They may receive feed of your actions though..

Your benefit would be that you'll get content that you may want to share with your fanbase. You may also ask that page's admin(s) to like and share your content thus increasing your reach. Remember, it's a social media, you need to build the social links in order to get success.

The Webmaster, Nov 10, 2012 IP
    browntwn likes this.
  16. lanotdesign

lanotdesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great tips here @The Webmaster , it will be very useful to a lot of people in the forum. Right now I am kinda struggling with
    "facebook likes" , so I will surely benefit from your post. Thanks man.

lanotdesign, Nov 11, 2012 IP
  17. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the sharing so nice and so use full information

Elfen Lied, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  18. Mike2010

Mike2010 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well Thanks for sharing such tips!

Mike2010, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  19. Salon Alure