1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cleaning - do you love it?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Blossom50, Nov 7, 2012.

I would like to talk to other people who just love cleaning their home. I am never happier than when tackling a cleaning project, Radio 4 on and getting rid of grime. It does something for me, it soothes me. Whatever else is going on in my life it gives me a feeling of control. I make lists of all the jobs I need to tackle and then do some every day. After I have cleaned I often go and just gaze at the bright, gleaming results of my day's work and it gives me great satisfaction.

I was not always a keen cleaner, in fact I was lazy and slovenly. I am now ashamed at how my home must have looked to visitors. I am not however, obsessed, believe it or not. All my tasks are on a spreadsheet in sections marked 'weekly' 'monthly' '3 monthly' and 'annually'. I tackle jobs in order of priority and I don't clean just for the sake of it. So although I enjoy it, I am not the sort that polishes daily or cleans something obsessively when it is already clean. I am naturally a person who likes tidiness and order around me.

Having said that, I don't regard cleaning as a chore. It keeps me fit, gives me a sense of real satisfaction as a woman taking care of my home.

so, I would love to hear from others who feel similarly. I am retired by the way so I can please myself what I do with my days.

Blossom50, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  2. Digital_lover

Digital_lover Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I love it. If I myself don't clean my room, I cannot be satisfied.

Digital_lover, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  3. mugwande

mugwande Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Cleaning, I love cleaning but my wife don't just let me handle it but when she goes away, there comes a chance but she always fights with me over it.

mugwande, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  4. Blossom50

Blossom50 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi
    My husband does not notice dirt and dust. He thinks it is disruptive when I move furniture and vacuum behind it or take all ornaments down and wash each one. He does not understand that if a job needs doing it needs doing well.
    Today I have tackled the spare bedroom, all bedding is in the wash, curtains washed ready to iron and put up, windowframe cleaned. Also re-arranging furniture is fun, to create a new look and more space. I had been using the spare bed to put piles of towels and other things on it, amazingly I have now found proper drawers for all those things and the room is neat, tidy and clear - ready soon for any guests.

Actually a major point I would like to make is that doing heavy housework really does keep you fit. I feel strong and slim despite never going to the gym! Same goes for hard gardening, such activity as making beds, vacuuming, scrubbing, reaching and lifting gives you a great workout.

5. Blossom50

Blossom50 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Mugwande,
    Try offering to do a couple of tasks and show her how well you do them. She will welcome the help once she knows how good you do it!

6. hafij

hafij Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, i like clean to my room...

hafij, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  7. AnisleyAnnet

AnisleyAnnet Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes that is my favorite work.

AnisleyAnnet, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  8. jamesss

jamesss Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't like to clean my home but it is my I am obligate to clean.

jamesss, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You sound like someone who would enjoy the daily routines of the "fly lady"... check out the enormous detail on "how to shine your sink" OMG

sarahk, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  10. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm a really keen cleaner just like you I like to get high and clean my house whilst listening to 80s pop music I steal medication from my elderly neighbour who is nearly dead because she never gets her medication because she doesn't wake up early enough to hear the postman's motorbike it seems like I'm the only one in the street that can hear it maybe just because I'm listening for it but maybe also because I've cut up all my other neighbours and buried them under their own houses with their dogs that I also killed and ate their eyes and tongues before I buried them.

Kerosene, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  11. Blossom50

Blossom50 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Sarahk,
    what is that - is that a book?

Blossom50, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  12. digitalX

digitalX Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Cleanliness tell a lot about your personality. Keep your room, home clean.

digitalX, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  13. igor_k

igor_k Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i cannot say that i like it or not but i do it with great pleasure)

igor_k, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  14. dbishop103

dbishop103 Member

Best Answers:
    I don't like cleaning itself, but I want my home clean so I clean. But I'd gladly hire someone to do it for me if I could. ;) (And "Fly Lady" is a website devoted to homemaking, organizing, etc. - http://www.flylady.net/

dbishop103, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  15. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, that's fine, and if you're a woman, it's good, but a bit late :)

Personally I'm not into that, since I can afford it I pay people to clean my home for several hours monthly, and the rest of the time it is my girlfriend who does what she wants (not much but way more than me)

I'm really not into cleaning, and I don't take proud into making things clean, but I like to live in clean things yes, so that's why I pay people to come and clean for hours every now and then.

I also have a roomba, vaccum cleaner robot, I bought it but it is my girlfriend who's in charge of managing it :)

If I was living alone I think I would set the roomba to run more often (she likes to launch it by hand) and also I would probably order the cleaners every 2 weeks instead of once a month.

Or better yet, if I was alone I could live in an hotel room/suite and have everything cleaned everyday without thinking about it, even better :)

JamesColin, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  16. mugwande

mugwande Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I tried to do that but never helped.
    The only I use is when she is gone away or when she is at work.

mugwande, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  17. Mr.Funsocks

Mr.Funsocks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There is no way anyone enjoys the act of cleaning.

I mean, I understand you enjoy the result of cleaning. I do too. We as people usually enjoy clean things. But the act of cleaning is so boring and mind numbing, it's hard to believe people here actually enjoy it.

Mr.Funsocks, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  18. beacon.seo

beacon.seo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes. i can't work in my room if it's not clean.

beacon.seo, Nov 9, 2012 IP
  19. ffff6666

ffff6666 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, i love cleaning for my own satisfaction.

ffff6666, Nov 9, 2012 IP
  20. greenicon

greenicon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm so lazy for cleaning :p

greenicon, Nov 9, 2012 IP