1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO technique Tested and FAILED

Discussion in 'Google' started by aetdinger, Nov 8, 2012.

Hi, my name is luke and I have been designing and carrying out various SEO Techniques on my own websites for over 5 years now, I have been aided from many digitalpoint members over the years so from time to time i like to give something back.

All the below has been carried out over the last few months:

I have several websites and on each i have carried out different SEO packages that have all been designed and put together by me.

On the last Pr update 5th November 2012 most of my websites increased in PR, some from 1 to 2 and others went from 0 to 4. I am not going to disclose my best working techniques here as they would become spammed and over used quickly.

But I also have a website that has dropped from a PR 6 down to a PR 4, I have looked at the techniques I have been using for this website and have noticed one unique technique that I believe is the main cause of this drop.

i have used the following techniques on this website:

- 500 directory submissions per month (manual)
    - 500 social bookmarks
    - 1 x press release every 60 days
    - 30 external Blog post per month
    - SE Submissions
    - 1 site map per month submission
    - 200-500 approved article submissions
    - 10 web 2.0 properties per month
    - 200+ classified ads posting per month

I use a very specific plan for the above link strategies designed by me to get the best value from each link and this works incredible well.

So after the drop i looked at my individual plans for each website and noticed that there is one technique I started using on this website that I DONT use at all on my others.

EXTERNAL BLOG POSTING.

by means of guest blogging on other websites or even buying posts through various online marketplaces, This is the only difference.
    After reading up on some recent and old peguin and panda updates i came across something about blogs, Google has been de-indexing allot of blogs due to spam and bad neighborhoods etc.

I am not saying that this guest blogging etc is bad for SEO I am giving warning to the inexperienced among us. That when doing this kind of link building make sure you are posting in good authority, no malware, spam sites as this could dramatically effect your campaign.

QUALITY IS KEY! NOT QUANTITY!

This information is given for free with no pluging or advertising for my own websites as I DO NOT SELL SEO services

Goodluck

aetdinger, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  2. freeadstime

freeadstime Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, we can comment much better if you provide us with a URL. Year 2012 was more about the newer technology rather than number of submissions. Mod_pagespeed, structured data, Facebook Open Graph.

freeadstime, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  3. aetdinger

aetdinger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry but I am not looking for SEO advice or i would share the url. My campaigns are very successful at the moment.

also I was not saying that the number of submissions was the cause.

I was just passing information on that the using of bad neighborhood sites for guest blogging can effect your campaigns in a big way.

thankyou

aetdinger, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  4. abraxas

abraxas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sure it can, as well as can be used for "negative SEO"...
    As you have already said - quality, not quantity is the key...

abraxas, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  5. dbishop103

dbishop103 Member

Best Answers:
    Makes perfect sense to me. The purpose of ranking sites at all is to, ideally, provide a quality Internet environment. If people would just focus on doing that, their sites would naturally increase in PR. Doesn't mean you don't need to do the submissions and other things, of course, but quality is of top importance.

dbishop103, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  6. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for sharing your findings Luke. I found your post to be very interesting.

danasurvey, Nov 8, 2012 IP