1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is word of mouth a powerful marketing tool?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by prasanth5, Nov 6, 2012.

Word of mouth can be a powerful tool in the case of newly launched products. I don't think well established businesses need this marketing tool. What do you think? Do you think that businesses of long standing also need word of mouth as a promoting strategy?

prasanth5, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  2. JyeP

JyeP Active Member

Best Answers:
    Word of Mouth is the most important and successful marketing tool, especially if it is for an existing business or product.

Think about it, lets say you were looking at buying a particular product. You narrow it down to 2 different companies offering the exact same product at the exact same price. What one would you choose, the company that your friend purchased from without any or the other?

People want to use services or purchase products from companies that they have heard good things about and more importantly, ones that they have received feedback about from friends and family.

JyeP, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  3. gusher08

gusher08 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Word of Mouth is indeed one of those powerful marketing tools online and offline. I knew a lot of people who first consult their family, friends, neighbors and buddies before buying a certain product online or offline.

gusher08, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  4. TravisO

TravisO Peon

Best Answers:
    word of mouth marketing strategy is actually one of the easiest marketing tool and it has already proven its effectiveness... plus, its free!

TravisO, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  5. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Word of mouth can do magic in marketing.
    If you have a great product, then you can benefit from Word of mouth

pupul, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  6. leandros21

leandros21 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Word of mouth is one of the most powerful marketing tools

leandros21, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  7. Kevin619

Kevin619 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes Of course!

Kevin619, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  8. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Word of mouth is a powerful marketing tool. It's the best kind of free advertising there is. It can either make or break your business. This mostly applies to established businesses with brand names and brick and mortar businesses. Online, word of mouth is usually through social media sites: a customer tweets a wonderful service they got from your company and that information will spread from there bringing more traffic to your site.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  9. thesaifeye

thesaifeye Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, word of mouth is the most, most and most important and lucrative marketing tools both in online and offline. Marketing means it. Nothing more, nothing less.

thesaifeye, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  10. tkyles1009

tkyles1009 Member

Best Answers:
    Well maybe not as much as a business that's just taking it's first steps but I think overall business on all levels at some point or another expand through word of mouth

tkyles1009, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  11. beacon.seo

beacon.seo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes. remember, it is the 1st marketing technique use when there's no internet.

beacon.seo, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  12. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    For me I will say its the best marketing tools no matter what marketing it may bring huge sales but not as long term as WOM , WOM is the best marketing tools ever and even free cause you are not spend any money to force them help you promote but they happy with your product and service and share their opinion and suggestion to others.
    In the previous world of mouth is mostly came from mouth but now it came with word from mouth but in social media which able to buzzz to more people compare to one mouth in real world.

JerrickYeoh, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  13. suneel_t

suneel_t Peon

Best Answers:
    Word of mouth is the most important tool in marketing. If you have wording then you are attract some one.

suneel_t, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  14. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Word of mouth, aka viral marketing, is the most powerful form of marketing. If you think you don't need it you're mistaken! :)

ninjamtlt1, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  15. Michael Thai

Michael Thai Peon

Best Answers:
    The "Word of mouth" strategy existed, I believe, as long as mankind history - I believe it is still a powerful tool, even for established business!

Michael Thai, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  16. cindrella30

cindrella30 Peon

Best Answers:
    Word-of-mouth - Creates Buzz for your Business

This is a very powerful marketing tool which is the most effective and low-cost marketing
    strategies among all the other techniques. Word-of-mouth is the most natural method of communicating with consumers and the key is to maintain consumer interest in your business.

cindrella30, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  17. prasanth5

prasanth5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am overwhelmed with wonder when I listen to so many positive words spoken about word of mouth.

prasanth5, Nov 9, 2012 IP
  18. newbie2pro

newbie2pro Peon

Best Answers:
    Word of mouth is amazing and we do it everyday. We tell our friends about an amazing restaurant we went to or a magnificent cleaning product. If we can learn to do it about our own products without sounding self conscious and trying to hard sell it's definitely one of the best ways to market, gain a good reputation and get a lot of sales.

newbie2pro, Nov 9, 2012 IP
  19. saurabhisbc

saurabhisbc Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, Michel can you define in details. so i am understand that term and i use it.

saurabhisbc, Nov 10, 2012 IP
  20. emersonkelly

emersonkelly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Positive word of mouth publicity is very important to increase the visitors or customers and the best marketing tool.

If once created a negative impression among the customers then it will be difficult to regain the reputation!!

emersonkelly, Nov 10, 2012 IP