1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need your Advise!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tonylawson55, Nov 5, 2012.

Hey guys,

Going to create a new website, not a blog, so should I need to make it in wordpress or in a Joomla? At least, which is the best for content management site?

Please, leave your suggestion here.

Thanks

tonylawson55, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I've always thought that wordpress was more for a blogging style content management and joomla for a website content management. However, they are both excellent CMS.

qwikad.com, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  3. maxqpost

maxqpost Peon

Best Answers:
    I've got sites on both Joomla as well as WordPress and they both are great in terms of CMS, Joomla 3.0 might seem to be a bit complex if you are a new user, so begin with 2.0 with WordPress it should not make much of a difference their tutorials are great. You might want to check my site that was created using Joomal 2.5

maxqpost, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  4. IamPower

IamPower Peon

Best Answers:
    Well - I keep coming across people asking about Wordpress and Joomla, so thats why I have this video handy to post whenever someone asks this question.

I will embed the video, but you can watch it on youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qljJjfY6oC0&feature=share&list=UUuFSJ4BYDGXZZpCyEbosDbg

Or just watch it below:

[video=youtube;qljJjfY6oC0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qljJjfY6oC0&feature=share&list=UUuFSJ4BYDGXZZpCyEbosDbg[/video]

bottom line - it depends on what suits you better. As they are both powerful content management systems.

IamPower, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  5. bluebenz

bluebenz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Iampower above.
    Both wp and joomla is a powerfull cms system, with their functionality.

Here in my country most of the government website build using joomla, they are not blog and look more profesional.
    and if I want to create a blog a prefer use wp, but for my bussiness, i use joomla.

bluebenz, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  6. osjoe2

osjoe2 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think both systems are great. You need to look at what kind of website and what content you will have on the website to make the right decision.

osjoe2, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  7. Mick2012

Mick2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend WordPress. I was in the same boat you were a few days ago and I decided to use WordPress and I am so glad now that I used it. If I were you I'd use it! It's great for SEO. :)

Mick2012, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  8. d3monic

d3monic Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally have never used Joomla but Wordpress has been more then enough to handle my need for creating websites.

d3monic, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  9. sweetcrabhoney18

sweetcrabhoney18 Banned

Best Answers:
    I prefer wordpress over joomla.. there are more theme options that are free within wordpress. :)

sweetcrabhoney18, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  10. ProSence

ProSence Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, Wordpress as it is very SEO friendly.

ProSence, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  11. traviswademiller

traviswademiller Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've heard that Wordpress is great.

traviswademiller, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  12. eng.heshamfathi

eng.heshamfathi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Definitely WordPress Is recommended by me as im a web developer with 4 years experience in Web Development & Design , SEO, Google Adsense Integration & Optimization and i provide more services in webmasters and im working with Joomla and Wordpress But i advice you with WP
    So i can help you with your site So
    Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I look forward to hearing from you.
    So please feel free to contact me at
    my Skype: eng.heshamfathi
    my Email :
    Private Email:Contact@heshamfathi.com

Many Thanks
    Hesham Fathi
    Faculty Of Engineering
    Alexandria University, EG

eng.heshamfathi, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  13. horelcool

horelcool Peon

Best Answers:
    hello,
    For me personally from the comparison between Joomla vs WordPress, I prefer Joomla.
    Reasons for its vast popularity are its features, numerous capabilities and a developed custom database work. Joomla offers a complex multiple user privilege system, with user registration and layered content privileges, while WordPress does not have the privilege system. Joomla is also the best open source CMS solution when it comes to multiple user groups.

horelcool

horelcool, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  14. newbie2pro

newbie2pro Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress has such a variety of plugins that you can literally mould your site to your exact requirements. Joomla on the other hand is very professional looking and high flyers tend to use it more. They are both powerful and they each have pro's and con's. I would start with wordpress if you are quite new and I bet you won't feel the need to change.

newbie2pro, Nov 9, 2012 IP