1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Tags and Meta Tags.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by cooljeeten7, Nov 1, 2012.

Hello Friends,

Can you guys suggest me that what are the best and complete necessary tags and meta tags for Search Engine Optimization for a tours and travel site. Now a days I have once site to do SEO and web promotion through online.

Thanks and Regards,
    Cool

cooljeeten7, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  2. harishseo

harishseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    there are 6 tags like <H1>,<H2>.....<H6> that define your website Heading and Sub-Heading.
    Meta tags are also HTML code which define your website information to search engine and visitor at search engine.

harishseo, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  3. morganstanly

morganstanly Peon

Best Answers:
    Title Tag is best and metatag wise best tag is Description. You can describe your brand with limited words in Description.

morganstanly, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  4. cooljeeten7

cooljeeten7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have added both things, what should I do more for effective result in google world.

5. suvendug

suvendug Member

Best Answers:
    Apart from title desc, and keywords tag you can use robots, googlebot, ICBM, geo.region, geo.placename

suvendug, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  6. cooljeeten7

cooljeeten7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I had used robots, googlebot too, I have no idea about ICBM, geo.region, geo.placename, can you please give some suggestion about it how to use and for what we used it.

Thanks and Regards,
    cool

7. Saif Rizvi

Saif Rizvi Member

Best Answers:
    Well there is not so much essential need of ICBM for your site. Geo.region as tag in which you place your region. Actually this tag is used when you are targeting particular region for your promotion. Google shows your listing when user search for local promotion sites. Suppose you want to target particular new jersey area then you would place new jersey area with latitude and longitude so that when user search for local sites then google shows your site in top searches with full description of area and full description of your site too.

Saif Rizvi, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  8. cooljeeten7

cooljeeten7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I understand your reply, thanks a lot for that.

9. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Now that Google is the dominate Search Engine, there are only two important meta tags, Description and Content-Type. However, MSN and Yahoo still use the Keywords meta tag. The Content-Type meta tag provides the search engine spider the character set for understanding how to index and parse your web pages.

Most IMPORTANTLY is having a unique meta tag description and title for each web page.

I use this Meta Tag Generator website to generate the page title, description and keywords. It also has a lot of other optional meta tags you can select.

war_machine, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  10. azharSEO

azharSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Keywords, Title, description are more important.

azharSEO, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  11. nichecloner

nichecloner Peon

Best Answers:
    Google seems to have changed their algorithm such that the SEO Meta Tags are not so important as the actual content and whether or not you are an authority site.

nichecloner, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  12. andersonsjohn

andersonsjohn Banned

Best Answers:
    Meta tags - The most cheaper and easy way to optimize your site. With the right keywords, description and fresh eye-catching titles will surely hit search engine.

andersonsjohn, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  13. titly555

titly555 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi
    Meta tags are a Best way for webmasters to provide search engines with information about their sites. Meta tag can help to promote your site.

titly555, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  14. wingstech123

wingstech123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Meta tags shows your Keywords, title and description, it also includes header tag, passage tag.. so as meta tags are strong your site is Search Engine Friendly..

wingstech123, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  15. petersmith5544

petersmith5544 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The Meta tag provides metadata about the HTML document. Metadata will not be displayed on the page, but will be machine parsable.Meta elements are typically used to specify page description, keywords, author of the document, last modified, and other metadata.

petersmith5544, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  16. arindamdutta16

arindamdutta16 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Meta tags are best. Meta tags are HTML codes that are inserted into the header on a web page, after the title tag. In the context of search engine optimization, when people refer to meta tags, they are usually referring to the meta description tag and the meta keywords tag.

arindamdutta16, Dec 5, 2012 IP
  17. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied Banned

Best Answers:
    I agree with Minstrel on this, but I would also add a meta description and a meta keyword tag. All the rest are totally unnecessary as far as I am concerned.

Elfen Lied, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  18. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you look here > http://on-site-seo.info/ and click through to the "old index" page you will find lot's of useful info from research I did. I will be updating that main new index page (the meta tags) this coming week or two to add the most up to date meta tags so refer back in a couple of weeks and that will help further

On the "old index page" I go in to meta tags that are in current use and some old ones or ones that you may need or not need to consider dependent on various factors like the DMOZ ones for example (if that - the DMOZ one - is even still current?)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    Revelations-Decoder, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  19. greendealmanager

greendealmanager Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Meta tags have become an undervalued component of search marketing success.
    Technically speaking, a "meta tag" is an HTML tag which is located in the "head" of your web pages.
    More practically (and importantly) though, meta tags are search marketing advertisements with the capacity to have a legitimate impact on your SEO or PPC campaigns.
    In this article, you'll learn:

• What "meta tag" means, as well as how to view your site's meta data, and how it impacts visitors.
    • Why the term is important to you and to your website.
    • How to get the most out of your meta tags.

greendealmanager, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  20. john2hot4u00

john2hot4u00 Member

Best Answers:
    For meta tags use pipeline symbol between keywords in the title and give a gist description about it
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    pearl bracelets|loose diamonds

john2hot4u00, Dec 7, 2012 IP