1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Penguin update related help needed :(

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by anandsapple, Oct 31, 2012.

Hi Experts.

I was working on a site and that was ranking high for more than 10 keywords but all those keywords are out of 200 now. Content is unique so i think that was just because of penguin.

What i want?

I think if i will target internal pages for those keywords then i can get rankings in SERP. because earlier my homepage was ranking but now homepage is nowhere.

Please suggest how should i start SEO of that site again?

Thanks

anandsapple, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  2. saugatad

saugatad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Penguin Update is especially target for the website with low quality link. First of all make sure you are not involved in any kind of bad link building practice in past. Make sure your website is not linked to low quality websites. Use Google webmaster disavow tools new features to remove unwanted low quality links. Focus on natural link building. Your website will definitely rank high. Penguin penalties the website with low quality link whereas panda penalties the website with low quality content.

Good luck.
    Thanks

saugatad, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  3. eklakhh

eklakhh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I did per your advice. But my keywords ranking are yet falling.

eklakhh, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  4. harishseo

harishseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think your site penalized by EMD Update you should change your content and re target your keywords.

harishseo, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  5. saugatad

saugatad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes that might be the possible option. First of all find out when does the penalty happens and find major Google update on the particular time. It helps you to find you what penalties your website. I think its the best way to find out and recover.

saugatad, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  6. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Acquire a number of higher quality links and use the Google Webmaster Tools to remove some of your "bad backlinks". Search and find ones that are spammy, ones that you think might be the cause and remove them.
    Yes, put more into acquiring deep links to your pages.

Mr.Dog, Nov 3, 2012 IP