1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I success from odesk?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by mrgamabm, Oct 31, 2012.

I have a odesk profile.I joined few months ago. I have completed my profile 100%. But yet I didn't hire for any job. Can any body help me? My odesk profile here.

mrgamabm, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  2. new2dp

new2dp Member

Best Answers:
    Write detail skill description.

when starting out focus on getting positive reviews from established buyers. specialize in one area and differentiate yourself from others

new2dp, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  3. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    new2dp is right. You need to write a detailed skill description. Make sure to pass all exams that will help highlight or showcase your skills. Don't set your fees to high at the start as you need to get hired first and build a portfolio. You can raise your fees once you have built a stronger reputation on oDesk.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  4. Markbrook

Markbrook Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep applying on jobs with good and quality latter you will have jobs as now a days many costumers are afraid of new updates so they trust on old and high profile.

Markbrook, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  5. handsome guy

handsome guy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Keep apllying on jobs and don't rate high for your service.

handsome guy, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  6. WebSolution6

WebSolution6 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes you can succeed, not only in odesk but everywhere you want :)
    Regarding odesk people have shared some great advice, follow them and eventually you will get your first job!
    Just dont quit!

WebSolution6, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  7. evoltsion

evoltsion Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have more patience, include portfolios of sample previous works, and don't stop applying

evoltsion, Nov 1, 2012 IP
  8. AlexanderBeloev

AlexanderBeloev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A better way to get work is on the various internet marketing forums. These forums are full of successful marketers who need services! It can be pretty hard to find a good, reliable freelancer, so they’ll be more than willing to give you a chance. :)

AlexanderBeloev, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  9. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    hi,
    try and try for the best job and low price for your 1st job . and try to get 5 stars from employee .
    your cover letter, your price, your experience and interview are the most important part for getting job at oDesk.

dean

dean1122, Nov 2, 2012 IP
  10. prasanth5

prasanth5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It might take some time to get accustomed to the application procedure and interviews. oDesk is certainly one of the best freelancing sites on the Internet.

prasanth5, Nov 3, 2012 IP
  11. zspuckl

zspuckl Active Member

Best Answers:
    My Odesk Tips (I have made over $1000 and started a few contracts outside of oDesk that lead to over $3000, just this Year)

1. Apply to all the jobs you can each week!
    2. Write and include a sample of the type of article people are looking for.
    3. DO NOT USE A TEMPLATE write a new application each time you apply
    4. Get a couple jobs done for a a little less than you want to make to establish yourself.
    5. ALWAYS READY THE ENTIRE JOB DESCRIPTION, sometimes there are specific instructions you miss, if you are the only one to not miss them you can land the job.
    6. Ask Questions, people hiring want to hire people that will ask when the don't know, prove you are not afraid to ask!

Doing all this, plus having a complete and well written profile will help you land the job you want!

zspuckl, Nov 3, 2012 IP
  12. zeesales

zeesales Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The best way is to do a job which cannot be taken by others. i.e. Bid only for those jobs which require only few minuted to complete it and nobody want to do just for the sake of reviews. Do around 5 such jobs and you'll be through.

zeesales, Nov 4, 2012 IP
  13. iTube

iTube Active Member

Best Answers:
    First off, list off the things that you can and cannot do. Then register at odesk and make a profile. Dont make a profile that you think will get you the most work, only list the things that you can really do. Then wait for businesses to contact you, or you can look for open jobs in your area of expertise. When you apply, be sure that you are applying for what you really can't do, and don't commit to things that you have no clue about. You will end up wasting time that way and not getting paid.

iTube, Nov 4, 2012 IP
  14. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree! These are all great tips and doing them will help you establish yourself in oDesk. Take note of numbers 3 and 4 particularly. You have to start low as far as wages go, but as you build your portfolio, your wage/fee will soon increase.

Hope that helps.! Have a good day!

affilorama, Nov 4, 2012 IP
  15. TravisO

TravisO Peon

Best Answers:
    at first, you need to lower you bid so employers will hire you... it will be your chance to get feedback.. once you have established an account with great feedback, you will be able to increase your bid.

TravisO, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  16. mdenamul

mdenamul Peon

Best Answers:
    hi, thanks for the post.At first you have to decide in what sector you will do your job. Generally you will take decision on behalf of your experience .Then you would give some skill test of your skill . Then you will bid any project as early as possible of the posting time.Then you will walk in success.

mdenamul, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  17. TravisO

TravisO Peon

Best Answers:
    you should also take tests to increase your chance of getting hired... if your score is below the passing rate, you may retake the test after a month...

TravisO, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  18. thesaifeye

thesaifeye Member

Best Answers:
    1. How you complete your profile, is that real that you are skilled on it?
    2. Perfect cover letter will be a must. No other option there.
    3. Bid only that works you are 100% confident that you can do it.
    4. Never get disappointed and bid one after another.
    5. Show your confidence in the cover letter.
    6. Start with low rate.

thesaifeye, Nov 6, 2012 IP