1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

my tips

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Shoemoney, May 4, 2005.

1. convergency

convergency Active Member

Best Answers:

Classic! Great post.

convergency, May 20, 2005 IP
    Shoemoney likes this.
  2. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    WOW - that's a LOT of people - be curious what the URL is?

P.S. thegunowner: Nice job "tripling" your Adsense income ... maybe you can join me in the "had a good day, so I can Super-Size it" club! ;-)

hulkster, May 20, 2005 IP
    Shoemoney likes this.
  3. mark1

mark1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Shoemoney! It's been a very inspiring 15 mintues just reading thru this thread...

The one thing that struck me was when you said you built your site out of passion. The thing is, probably most of us don't make as much or won't make as much is beacause we:
    1) Go about it the wrong way - we think first about the money, while you think of driving the traffic thru first
    2) Don't have the technical skills (or enough of it) to make a whiz-bang site
    3) Get too many ideas and start running off on numerous tangents while not finishing or succeeding in any
    4) Just have no luck in the world.

Anyway, thanks, I have thought about where i was headed with my sites and have decided to refocus on my original strategy.

Cheers!

mark1, May 21, 2005 IP
    Shoemoney likes this.
  4. Jon12345

Jon12345 Peon

Best Answers:
    Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Google say you can only have one Adsense account per individual or company and you cannot have a network of accounts? i.e. my understanding is that you cannot own a number of companies with Adsense accounts where you are the common director? Was curious what Shoemoney thinks about this one. Or whether he concealled his identity on this.

Jon12345, May 24, 2005 IP
    newbie100 likes this.
  5. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    As I understand things. If the adsense account is owned by the company then it would be perfectly legal and above board. What I mean is that the adsense account belongs to the company and not the individual director.

jlawrence, May 24, 2005 IP
  6. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:
    You can have a separate adsense account for each company. But you will need to provide a valid employee identification number and it costs a lot to incorperate.

paymentapprovaltooslow, May 24, 2005 IP
  7. hdpt00

hdpt00 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can get an LLC for like $125 in most states. That isn't that much.

hdpt00, May 24, 2005 IP
  8. paymentapprovaltooslow

Best Answers:
    But you need an EIN...

9. mhdoc

mhdoc Tauren

Best Answers:
    An EIN is part of registering the LLC.

mhdoc, May 24, 2005 IP
  10. paymentapprovaltooslow

Best Answers:
    sweet...it gots to make me more adsense accounts like shoemoney.

11. mhdoc

mhdoc Tauren

Best Answers:
    You will notice he said he splits them out after they are up and running and generating serious income. You can have as many domains as you want on a single adsense account, but there is no reason to get more accounts until they bring in lots of $. My guess would be that it isn't worth the hassle until they net $50,000+ per year.

mhdoc, May 24, 2005 IP
  12. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    To have more than 1 AdSense account you need written permission from Google. In TOS

PS: Just updated my site with quite a few new AdSense tips. Look for dates 'posted May 24, 2005'

Homer, May 24, 2005 IP
  13. mhdoc

mhdoc Tauren

Best Answers:
    Homer,
    By "Split them out" I mean moving a domain(s) to a separate legal entitly like an LLC or Corporation. Therefore they are NOT "held by the same individual or entity..." Which is what he said he does.

mhdoc, May 24, 2005 IP
  14. paymentapprovaltooslow

Best Answers:
    Bu google would have no way of trackign the individual entities. Just open each LLC under a different PO box or somethig. If you are making over $1000 I would recommend you create 2 LLC entities. If your account gets banned you can lose 2 months worth of payment.

15. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I haven't read this entire thread. But would this not mean he/ they have multiple accounts? If so, read my post above. If not, how is this being accomplished? Each corporation has to have a CEO, no?

I am sure that you can candy coat anything, but IF he has , in anyway, shape or form multiple accounts...he is putting himself in a compermising position.

I am the first one to enjoy playing in shades of grey. But when it comes to this there is NO chance for appeal...your just toast one day.

So I would suggest that those that consider employing such evasive and potentionally self destructive tactics think twice. An option may be just use your channels and play the game honestly. respectfully

Homer, May 24, 2005 IP
  16. mhdoc

mhdoc Tauren

Best Answers:
    The essence of creating a corporation or LLC is that it is a completely separate entity from the people who own or operate it. It's like giving birth to an adult child who is ready from day one to stand on his own. This entity has its own tax ID, books, and files its own tax return. If it get sued, it stands on its own, wins or looses, and pays up if it looses. Of course management of the corporation is supposed to make sure that if they loose there isn't anything to take :)

In fact, if you CAN'T prove in court that you as an individual and the corporation are not the same that is called "Piercing the corpoirate veil" and it means you screwed up big time.

In some states you can even have LLC's with a single member but the LLC and the member are as separate from a legal standpoint as if there were two distinct bodies walking down the street.

So there in nothing evasive, shades of grey, self destructive about this kind of arrangement.

Think of it this way, if you couldn't legally separate your own personal net worth from your business operations, who in his right mind would start a business? (assuming there is a net worth to worry about of course :)

mhdoc, May 24, 2005 IP
  17. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I can agree with your basic explaination of corporate entities and "Piercing the corporate veil". If the corporation's integrity falls under suspicious eyes legal proceedings will commence and the courts will decide your fate.

Think of it like this:
    with NO chance to explain.

I really don't understand why you would want put yourself in this position. I'm not saying your wrong with your thinking, it really comes down to how you want to run your ship. BUT, what if...

I have using AdSense since it's inception and have chosen to use my channels when adding new sites/ businesses that I own and operate. This is too grey for me and not worth the risk.

Homer, May 24, 2005 IP
  18. mhdoc

mhdoc Tauren

Best Answers:
    Exactly. Lets say you have 10 domains each making $1,000/month, ALL done on one adsense account. You get that letter and your entire income is toast.

If you have each domain in its own entity (corp./LLC), each with its own adsense account, you still have the other nine. Unless you have more than one entity you have all your eggs in one basket!

mhdoc, May 24, 2005 IP
  19. paymentapprovaltooslow

Best Answers:
    Agree. I would go even furthur as to hire a lawyer if you earn over 10K a month and invest in powerful software so you can actually argue your case should you get banned.

20. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    All I'm saying is that if Google deems it to be an attempt to manipulate any of thier system, you make find yourself on the short end of the stick.

Shoemoney has posted one of the best authentic Adsense threads I have seen at DP. We have all learned much from it. That said, I feel, if in doubt about something...email google the question. Some how I think the answer to this would not be positive from the Google perspective. For that reason I see NO REASON to wrap in in separate safeguarded (?) entities.

But then again AdSense is not my prime source of income. This may play a role in our difference in opinions. Either way, it's not my style.

Homer, May 24, 2005 IP