1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

drupal or joomla

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by kidken, Oct 25, 2012.

which is good for beginners drupal or joomla?

kidken, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  2. IamPower

IamPower Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is a short video on Drupal vs Joomla - it explains the end all be all for this question I have heard being asked all around the forums - there is even a sticky post on this as well.

[video=youtube;qz0zWdNRjtQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz0zWdNRjtQ&feature=g-all-u[/video]

If your a beginner, try both, and see which one you prefer, as the video explains.

IamPower, Oct 26, 2012 IP
  3. kidken

kidken Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @impower:this stuff isn't satisfactory

kidken, Oct 26, 2012 IP
  4. IamPower

IamPower Peon

Best Answers:
    if you dont state what you want to use it for, then nobody can really ever help you.

If its not satisfactory, then I guess your not capable of understanding any communication anyway.

IamPower, Oct 27, 2012 IP
  5. kidken

kidken Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @IamPower:It's not satisfactory becoz im asking about features of both cms.How they are different?

kidken, Oct 28, 2012 IP
  6. jotson

jotson Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

drupal is better for beginners because drupal is free, professional coded, multilang, multisite, performance, great community, flexibility, power, role-based user access, flexible content types, excellent taxonomy system, seo friendly urls, multi-db-support.

jotson, Oct 29, 2012 IP
  7. php_developer

php_developer Peon

Best Answers:
    joomla is good for beginner.

php_developer, Oct 29, 2012 IP
  8. JyeP

JyeP Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd personally go with Drupal over Joomla, it is probably more newbie friendly, although it may be worth trying both and seeing which one you prefer.

JyeP, Oct 29, 2012 IP
  9. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The video is a silly stuff with a girl with big glasses promoting the web hosting she mentions (same as poster signature)
    She says nothing of value.. Which one is the best? none, try them all. OK thank you very much! Now show your tits :)

The question is which one is better for beginners.. If by beginner you mean beginner in everything web related then go with joomla, it has the largest amount of beginners.. In fact if you add wordpress to the choice then it would be wordpress.

But between joomla and drupal, joomla is the choice for newbies.

Now if you're talking about beginners in joomla or beginners in drupal, personally I would recommend to invest your time with drupal, but that's just me and the girl is right about one thing, any of the three choices is good enough for whatever you're going to do with it anyway. Like microsoft word or open office, both are good because we're probably going to use only 5% maximum of what they can do.

JamesColin, Oct 29, 2012 IP
  10. osjoe2

osjoe2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Since they are both free why not try both of them instead of listening to us.. Decide for yourself? Just a suggestion!

osjoe2, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  11. juliobeaupre

juliobeaupre Peon

Best Answers:
    Features-wise Joomla is the best. Its improving with advanced security feature and also have huge extensions.

juliobeaupre, Dec 19, 2012 IP
  12. kajol

kajol Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can say this:
    Joomla - User friendly
    Drupal - Developer friendly

kajol, Dec 20, 2012 IP
  13. BudPrime

BudPrime Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Go with Joomla if you're new to web programming.

BudPrime, Dec 27, 2012 IP
  14. tushonline

tushonline Member

Best Answers:
    If you're new - any CMS is either easy or difficult, depending upon what you really like to do. Joomla, Drupal are nice systems....

After few months you wont be a Newbie - but - then, you will realize that you have spent huge time in get used to Joomla & might think, you should have gone for Drupal instead.

None the less, I would say - explore WordPress first before Drupal & see if its well. I know few friends shifting from Joomla to WordPress. I am no exception.

all the best :)

tushonline, Dec 30, 2012 IP
  15. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    tushonline's opinion seems most logical. If you make the mistake of not going into Drupal first, then after a while when you will want to grow out of Joomla you will probably go to Wordpress, so you will never have known Drupal.
    So if you're really beginner maybe you should start with WordPress and maybe you'll never want to grow out of it, unlike with Joomla.
    But still, being a beginner, if you feel like learning first another than wordpress, then go for Drupal, the learning time will be the same as Joomla, more or less, but you will not want to grow out of Drupal ever, but you'll be able to easily install and manage WordPress sites, if you wanted, which will be very easy for you at this time.

JamesColin, Dec 30, 2012 IP
  16. lolpasslol

lolpasslol Peon

Best Answers:
    ZooMla ,
    use it but achieve a hard and technical knowledge of customization.

lolpasslol, Jan 4, 2013 IP