1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Transition Away From iTrader...

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Sep 17, 2010.

1. irule272

irule272 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ^that's why I think moderating the i-trader is the best solution here.

irule272, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  2. TurkeyEater

TurkeyEater Active Member

Best Answers:
    For what it counts, I vote to rip the band-aid and jump into the new system now. I have seen the link to this thread when submitting itrader for a long time now. If it is an inevitable shift then lets do it. People are more receptive to learning a new system when they dont have a choice.

The way I would do it would be to keep displaying the itrader score next to the new score but to disable the itrader submitting so that no new feedback could be left. Fade the color the itrader score every couple of months until it is gone completely in a year or so.

TurkeyEater, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  3. WebProWorker

WebProWorker Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's a great idea! Unfortunately the iTrader system could be easily tricked, so it was definitely time for a new, better and safer system!

However, I do agree with most people who posted here. Unfortunately, most of those affected by this change worked hard for their iTrader points. It would really be a pity if their points wouldn't be displayed anymore. So maybe the iTrader should be kept along with the new system (and still displayed) for some long time (even 2 years maybe?) UNLESS the member registered after the new implementation or he has 0 iTrader points.

This way you also show that you care about people who loved doing business here. :)

WebProWorker, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  4. jimmyn115

jimmyn115 Member

Best Answers:
    This river cruise gonna happen or not?

jimmyn115, Oct 26, 2012 IP
  5. Disha Shah

Disha Shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can anyone help me?
    A guy named Conny Hooper has left false rating feedback against me.
    He said that he had paid me for articles but I didn't receive money and I also have my Paypal account history.
    Please help me, this negative iTrader affects a lot to me.

Disha Shah, Oct 26, 2012 IP
  6. Disha Shah

Disha Shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have all the proofs with me, I want Admin to punish this guy.

Disha Shah, Oct 26, 2012 IP
  7. MeMing

MeMing Member

Best Answers:
    sorry to hear that mate but this site is merel a fish tank with sharks on it. nobody here cares about what you do especially in buying and selling.

reference: from my experience!

MeMing, Oct 26, 2012 IP
  8. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The truth of the matter is that 99% of itrader transactions took place. You're trying to fix a problem that affects 1% of problem transactions whilst removing itrader affects every established member on this forum. Seems like a pretty bad compromise if you ask me.

I just did another deal on this forum. It was not a private deal. He purchased at the BIN and even with the functionality to pay for it straight away, he PMd me asking for my PP. Further proof this system is not that valuable on its own. No one uses it and because you can't leave a comment it's difficult knowing exactly what happened in a transaction.

Tbh I don't really care if you implement this new system. I just think it's a huge mistake to completely remove itrader. Multiple layers of security are better than one.

dcristo, Nov 7, 2012 IP
    WebProWorker likes this.
  9. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    definetly agree on this one as right now the new system is only covering certain areas of business done on DP but for the service ones for example there is nothing tracked and when iTraders will be removed you won't be able to judge if the provider is good or not.

Sensei.Design, Nov 9, 2012 IP
  10. Neeni86

Neeni86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    At first I didn't like this idea when I found out that iTrader would be going away. I Have been a member of the forum since 2008, as you can see, and just now received a negative rating today because this scammer was trying to get back at me. Now that this has happened I am grateful that there will be a new instant payment option and I can hardly wait for the change!

Neeni86, Nov 14, 2012 IP
  11. funkymario

funkymario Notable Member

Best Answers:
    All i have to say is that this decision is as stupid as the BUMP decision which you took 2 years ago and which i correctly predicted that it will kill the forum, since then DP lost 300% of it's traffic according to google trends. and is no longer the leading webmasterforum, let's face it, this has nothin to do with any "problem", all this is about monetizing DP, are you seriously planning on taking down all my 200 hard earned itraders over a period of almost 6 years ? so that i become no more trusted than a 7 days old member with no reputation ?

funkymario, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  12. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    killed DP??..lmao

get over yourself dude, no one cares about your itrader ;)
    I'm sure Shawn has a good idea of what he's doing, and you'll be fine.

Brandon Sheley, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  13. Neeni86

Neeni86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You actually do have a point there because no one will be able to know who they can trust. I had agreed to this whole system on the previous post bc of a negative experience that I had just encountered when someone left me undeserved negative Feedback; they were trying to scam me and get the money back that I EARNED for doing work for them. I really thought that this would affect who would allow me to work for them, but since then I have gained 2-3 positive iTrader to prove to people that I am not who the other guy says I am. If the system goes away there will be no proof of anything.

At the most I think that iTrader should stay, but there should be some sort of remedy to keep certain people from leaving other's negative feedback that they dont deserve or from leaving feedback when there was really no transaction that took place.

Neeni86, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  14. skabt

skabt Banned

Best Answers:
    the best part is it been talking abt this for two year but nothing in action yet ?
    i don't mind paying dp as escrow service, dp freelance quality getting worst day by day

skabt, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  15. funkymario

funkymario Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You think you can shut me up like that lol ? you get over yourself, nobody can stop me from expressing myself.

"no one cares about your itrader" ??

WRONG, itrader is everything when conducting business, people DO Care, freelancers trust me to pay them because of my itrader history, i have people who worked for me 1 whole month before getting paid because of my itraders, those people would never have done that with somebody with 0 itrader, plus, i find it unfair to take from me something that was built over many years of presence and honest business conduct. i was making 200 dollars per day thanks to Digitalpoint until the BUMP rule was introduced and totally killed my two service threads, since then i made nothing from DP, i moved on to other business models and now i only use DP to give work, but if my itrader is also taken from me, i will feel that my identity on this FORUM was stolen. Basically i am not funkymario anymore, i will become ZERO FUNKYMARIO, to sum it up, i won't be as Funky as i was before :D

Thanks

funkymario, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  16. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why not just add a verified tag/category to the original system? Keep the set up exactly as it is, just give people the ability to choose the informal system or to go through the digitalpoint verification system. That way people won't lose their historic trade ratings and it allows people to transition to the better system if they prefer. Over time you will see whether people trust the new system more and it achieves the same goal.

venturefox, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  17. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What about the contests? Just someone win a contest of me and i need a positive review couse i have paid for that. He cant give a positive review! This is not good. And the Funkymario what said its true. He made all those years good feedback and now at once is gone! Wow great.

Zoti Media Group, Nov 29, 2012 IP
  18. unna

unna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I love to see my itrader everytime.

unna, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  19. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You should take a screenshot of it and make it your desktop wallpaper on your computer (if you haven't already). :)

digitalpoint, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  20. unna

unna Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Shawn, thanks for the suggestion ...........

unna, Dec 3, 2012 IP