1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alternative to Google Adwords or a ripoff?

Discussion in 'Google' started by elenagrigor, Oct 22, 2012.

I have been advertising on Adwords for about 2 months. Today I get a call from a company called GWM or glowebmark.com. They say they guarantee a first place on google if I sign up with them. I request a demo. Indeed, after I had paused my Adwords campaigns, they place me consitently on the first page for the keywords and location I gave them during the demo. I was impressed. Google never guarantees 1st place. This company says they want about $3K upfront for 6 months of advertisement and I dont have to advertise on Google anymore. They will do it for me. Their elevator pitch is "you give us money, we guarantee you a first place on google all the time for a fraction of the cost".

The questions I have:

1) Has anybody heard of Global Web Marketing or glowebmark.com?

2) How do they place me during the demo in the first position?

3) Are these terms suspicious - upfront $3K?

4) Is this a reputable company ?

I dont have any extensive experience in Google Adwords and I dont want to be ripped off.

Thanks.

elenagrigor, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  2. CharlesMark

CharlesMark Peon

Best Answers:
    If it is through the cheating ways to make your key row in the first place, it is easy to be search engine punishment.

CharlesMark, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  3. OnlineStartups

OnlineStartups Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not know this company, but I would strongly suggest that you conduct proper research into their methods of ensuring top placement. If they are making use of black hat techniques, you could soon find yourself banned from search results. Rather play safe before losing your business!

OnlineStartups, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  4. goproxy

goproxy Member

Best Answers:
    On the demo, you appeared on the first place of organic results? or first place of Adwords(sponsored results)?

goproxy, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  5. JyeP

JyeP Active Member

Best Answers:
    I take it you were the first result for Adwords sponsored results after they provided you the trial?
    The company would have just spent a few hundred dollars of their own to outbid anyone else that was bidding on your specific keyword to make sure your link was prioritized. I would be careful paying them anything, a lot of companies do this to scam you, no one can guarantee a first place result (whether it be adwords or search results).

JyeP, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  6. Lanouvelle

Lanouvelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From what you explained, they seem to provide a great service. However, in case you make your research and you are not able to find bad reviews about them, I may be more concerned on being able to get a refund if things go wrong with them. I am not aware of having heard of this company before. As I mentioned earlier if you decide to go with them, I think that an important thing to do will be to take your dispositions to be able to get your money back easily if they do not deliver on their promise.

Lanouvelle, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  7. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    something doesn't sound right in your story. you paused adwords campaign and immediately after, they placed your site on the first page result. only way you can get page#1 position is by seo which takes time. PPC results show on the top of organic results and doesn't have any placement number so first organic result is the page#1 ranking. no matter how good an seo company is, nobody can place your result on page#1 instantly.

there are some tricks to get short term almost instant front page results but that is only temporary

sultanofseo, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  8. JyeP

JyeP Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sultan, we assume he means the top advertiser in Adwords for the selected keyword. Not search results.

JyeP, Oct 25, 2012 IP