1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Promote post

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by ClickHere, Oct 19, 2012.

Facebook now have a feature where you can 'promote' your post - you pay $1 per post and it is featured above the rest - I guess this would come in useful when you are advertising your site on other pages but surely this leaves your facebook page open to your competition spamming you page with sponsored ads?

As I can tell the page owner gets no revenue from this

I will update when I get more information!

ClickHere, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  2. TheCreator

TheCreator Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the useful information. I am waiting for your update.

TheCreator, Oct 21, 2012 IP
  3. ClickHere

ClickHere Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Couldn't edit post so I'll write it here -
    It costs a minimum of $1 to promote a post - and as normal the more you spend the more people will see it, you'll be given an estimated number of users who will see the post and you will be given a percentage of completion based on the number of users to see it.

You can promote any type of post and it will come up in specified users newsfeed

I am yet to test this, however it seems like a slightly more annoying yet much clearer advertising method than the normal facebook ads

If you have preloaded facebook ad credit you cannot use this - you will have to pay via phone, paypal, credit card or any of the other vendors they use

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
    ClickHere, Oct 21, 2012 IP
  4. subdivisions

subdivisions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Tumblr does something similar to this. I think it's a bad move for Facebook in the long run, people are going to get pissed off seeing things they didn't "sign up for".

subdivisions, Oct 21, 2012 IP
  5. SABID

SABID Peon

Best Answers:
    Tumblr does something correspondent to this. I judge it's a bad locomote for Facebook in the interminable run, grouping are feat to get pissed off seeing things they didn't "communicate up for".

SABID, Oct 23, 2012 IP
  6. ClickHere

ClickHere Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You just copied what he said by reworded it hahaha also locomote isn't the right word to use there, we're not discussing trains

Though the point is true, I'm not sure where I see facebook in 2 years time, even next year, constant bad update after bad update will start to see people leaving, one thing's for sure it's not what it used to be.

I'm interested to know how viable people think facebook still is for a business - last month they reported 1 billion 'active' users obviously facebook remains king for the number of people using it, and it is very easy to promote your stuff on there (i assume it'll be getting easier if they keep releasing updates like promote post) to me it seems like it's becoming a glorified craigslist

ClickHere, Oct 23, 2012 IP
  7. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the information you gave us here. I did not know anything about it.

Gianni Palazzo, Oct 23, 2012 IP
  8. ClickHere

ClickHere Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No problem, if you decide to promote on of your posts please tell me how it goes

ClickHere, Oct 23, 2012 IP
  9. casy weby

casy weby Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How can i do this? tell me...

casy weby, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  10. ClickHere

ClickHere Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    When you write a post and submit it you'll have the choice to promote it, its in the bar with like comment share

ClickHere, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  11. mediaguru

mediaguru Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been doing some studying of this. Facebook is engaging in some questionable tactics in my opinion. I've noticed that on one company page I run which has 20,000+ fans, that the posts are seeing as many views now as when the page had 5000 fans. It is a small percentage of the total fans, perhaps even 5%. Some friends of mine started to notice, as did I, that our post views are down despite having more fans.

More reading and I came across this article: http://observer.com/2012/09/broken-on-purpose/

It seems that earlier this year, facebook limited the number of users who see status updates to around 15%. If you want ALL of your fans or friends to see your posts what do you do then? PROMOTE it. Talk about questionable tactics.

The page I run with 20K fans? We would have to pay $200 PER POST to get our status updates to be viewed by all 20K. A smaller fan page I run which has about 1400 fans shows a cost of about $30 PER POST for me to reach all the fans.

Facebook is going to have to change this sort of thing or it will die.

mediaguru, Oct 25, 2012 IP