1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to start with Remarketing

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by PoisonJam, Sep 3, 2012.

I've been out of the PPC game for a couple of years now and I'm just getting back into it for my new employer.

We're an ecommerce company selling products from a variety of different brands and we want to try Remarketing - but where to start? We will probably eventually try everything to see what works best for us but I'd appreciate it if anyone else in ecommerce could advise on a good starting point based on their experiences.

Abandoned shopping cart conversions? All visitors? Visitors to specific brand pages with targeted dual-brand campaigns?

Thanks

PoisonJam, Sep 3, 2012 IP
  2. animesh

animesh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Google has improved it remarkerketing tool. earlier we use to place separate code in website pages to track visitors, but now, you need to place only on code on the site like in footer which will be shown to all the pages. This will work as your main list and further you can create separate list out of main list ( no separate code required) by defining some option line url ( /cart.php).

For eCommerce, I will suggest you to start with shopping cart pages. and later you can do it with other page like some specific product or category.

animesh, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  3. hayching

hayching Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you but Google A/B testing is better way to show all visitor activity as you want.

hayching, Sep 4, 2012 IP
  4. serstar

serstar Peon

Best Answers:
    is retargeting in adwords?

serstar, Sep 5, 2012 IP
  5. O K

O K Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you.....

O K, Sep 8, 2012 IP
  6. Roger Pelt

Roger Pelt Active Member

Best Answers:
    To start use of remarketing, you should put the remarketing tag; you get code from adwords, throughout all pages of the website. Most websites contain matching footer for all pages, and this remarketing tag can be located there.

After adding remarketing tag, you are able to build remarketing lists for any web pages. E.g., you are able to build remarketing list to users. Remarketing Tag notifies adwords to save users to your "main list". When users stay on your page, your ID cookie is added to the remarketing list.

At last, you should build an AdWords campaign among specific message to show only the users on your "main list" when they browse other websites on the Display Network. Your remarketing messages will not show people who are not on the list.

Roger Pelt, Sep 9, 2012 IP
  7. bflora

bflora Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you're still looking for retargeting solutions, check out my company: http://perfectaudience.com

We let you do retargeting on Facebook, which is a new thing. At the moment, we're the only solution for affiliates and folks with budgets until $5k/month.

We had a write-up in Techcrunch recently: http://techcrunch.com/2012/10/04/perfect-audience-launch/

Free trial lasts 2 weeks or until you hit $60 in spend. Lots of ecommerce companies using it.

bflora, Oct 23, 2012 IP
  8. hostas

hostas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Abandoned shopping cart conversions is good point to start. I suggest to build remarketing audiences with analytics, there you can make it more effective visitors groups to target - like no bouncers visitors, visitors who abandoned shopping cart from certain category, only new visitor and etc.

hostas, Oct 24, 2012 IP
  9. interactivemaxmarketing

interactivemaxmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    With ecommerce-you will see great results with a dynamic campaign. If youhave a shopping feed, you can implement this with several different networks. If you have a large enough budget you can go with adroll.com-they are pretty easy to get going. Especially if you have been out of the game for awhile.

Interactive Max Marketing

interactivemaxmarketing, Oct 30, 2012 IP