1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need suggestion for my 2 similer content website - will google panalize them?

Discussion in 'Google' started by nikhil_seo, Oct 17, 2012.

Dear Members,

I have 2 business website one for India region and 2nd one for worldwide.
    (www.alphasandesh.in and www.alphasandesh.com) I have similar content on these website pages. Suppose I am the owner of the company, websites or content. Here I want to ask that is there would be any duplicacy or will google penalize me or drop down my ranking.

I Have made redirection already to those who viewing my website in India, they will automatic redirect on .in domain, and who viewing my website from outside of India will automatic redirect to .com domain. because I have same services with different pricing for both viewer. Pls analysis the site and let me know your feedback. I am unable to get traffic and my traffic goes down. Please Help.

Please suggest your opinion, tips and tricks what should I have to do for my both websites.

Nikhil

nikhil_seo, Oct 17, 2012 IP
  2. imfusa

imfusa Active Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed it's duplicate content. The best thing you can do is let the English version and add some kind of a sub-domain for the Indian Version, or add in robots txt one of the sites to not get indexed. (Disallow: /)

imfusa, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  3. quesera

quesera Peon

Best Answers:
    Also use automatic language detection, you can find a php class for this at phpclasses.org

quesera, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  4. vicky.india

vicky.india Member

Best Answers:
    u can do 1 thing use canonical URL to avoid this content duplication

vicky.india, Oct 23, 2012 IP
  5. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you just need to change content and use canonical URL.

OSSEO, Oct 23, 2012 IP
  6. JyeP

JyeP Active Member

Best Answers:
    You could always point the .com domain to the Indian version and rank the one website for both local and national terms.
    For those that say this is bad SEO, no it's not. Both domains can point to the same site without negative impact, I have done it numerous times with perfect results.

JyeP, Oct 23, 2012 IP