1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What you think this domain is worth?

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by imc042, Oct 21, 2012.

Hey,

I'd like to know what this domain name might be worth? Estibot says USD35 but I disagree! :)

PaintColorsForBedrooms.net

Thanks!

imc042, Oct 21, 2012 IP
  2. linksguide

linksguide Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    anybody tell me worth of this domain innovativetourismfethiye(dot)net/ ?

linksguide, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  3. djackz666

djackz666 Active Member

Best Answers:
    so expensive, long url but i check it has 33 alexa backlink :D

djackz666, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  4. imc042

imc042 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your right, it does! I didn't even check that before I bought it! :rolleyes:

The .com and .org are both gone, and urlappraisal (dot) net values it at $2,902.32 because it's 2 Years, 83 Days old.

imc042, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  5. nufox

nufox Peon

Best Answers:
    It's so long.. Not gonna worth a dime

nufox, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  6. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    low $xx to mid xxx imo

chandan123, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  7. Dean F

Dean F Banned

Best Answers:
    Very Long Domain,
    But it has EMD on it.
    My opinion it would be sold on $5x - $xxx

Dean F, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  8. imc042

imc042 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I understand that it's a bit long but it's an EMD for a term with 4,400 global exact searches per month and the SERPS only contain 2,000 results with titles containing all keywords so ranking should be a piece of cake. The CPC of the phrase is decent, like $1.50. And the topic of the term is perfect for selling, like through an amazon astore.

I'm really trying to learn what makes keywords / domain names good so please explain your valuation to help me to understand this stuff. :cool:

imc042, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  9. OnlineStartups

OnlineStartups Peon

Best Answers:
    Good keywords in a domain will have helped where people are searching search engines for those keywords. In your case, if someone searched for Paint Colors for Bedrooms, your domain would have ranked high in search engine results. Before, the more exact your domain name was, the more hits you would have probably received, as your domain could have appeared in the top rankings in search results. The problem, now is that Google is cracking down on exact keywords domains, as part of its drive in cleaning up spam results and SEO strategies.

People with exact keyword domains need to ensure that they websites and content has high standards, else they risk being removed from search results. Another thing you need to keep in mind is to research the number of searches for your exact keyword domain. Often, some exact keyword domains may only get a few hundred, or even less, searches per month on Google. These domains are not worth the investment, as you need hundreds of thousands of searches, even millions of searches for your keywords. Remember, your domain can rank number 1, but only 10% of people will probably click on your site.

Also, some keyword domains may often be just too long. People will not be able to remember these domains and domain owners may not be able to properly brand them. You also need to keep this in mind.

An exact keyword domain only has value when there are a large number of searches for the specific keywords. The majority of exact keyword domains has very little, even no value. In order to give value to these domains, you will need to develop them into valuable websites that start generate traffic, or even better - income. Once you get traffic or income, your domain will start become valuable.

OnlineStartups, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  10. htmlindex

htmlindex Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with your disagreement. It is definitely worth $0 IMO

htmlindex, Oct 23, 2012 IP
  11. OnlineStartups

OnlineStartups Peon

Best Answers:
    Paint Colors For Bedrooms - 27100 Global Searches per month on Google

It is not a lot of traffic. Unless the domain is developed into a website that generates good traffic or generate a fixed income, I think the domain may well be worth between $10 and $40.

OnlineStartups, Oct 23, 2012 IP
  12. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    arent emd's now redundant? my main site (non-emd) has at its peak 3 times the traffic now that google places 0 value on EMD's now

@op, its worth about what you paid for it.

matt_62, Oct 23, 2012 IP