1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Strategy

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by thedogz, Oct 22, 2012.

Hi all,

Ok, first let me say that I have been reading the contents of this forum for quite some. What has struck me in my time reading this forum is that there seems to be a predisposition to discuss the finer nuts and bolts aspects of SEO (often frustratingly about SEO terminolgy or concepts that could be easily addressed with a quick Google search) rather than SEO strategies and how all these individual SEO activities actually fit together.

A simple analogy would be an orchestra; a group of instruments playing in harmony, right time, right place, right amount. You get the idea. It clearly takes more than one SEO activity to form a complete and effective SEO strategy so here I would like to call on all you who have done just that, created effective SEO strategies that have spanned weeks, months and possibly years, to come forward with your experience and words of wisdom.

I would like to see if we can together come up with a very broad framework for an SEO strategy that people can study, learn from and customise to their needs. Three obvious periods in the lifetime of a website come to mind as being of particular interest to a prospective SEOer; the initial website setup, the steady state/steady growth i.e. ongoing SEO, and definite and necessary deviations along the way e.g. a specific marketing campaign.

I realise this is a gross simplification of the diversity of application of an SEO strategy but we have to frame the problem somehow to start the discussion and these three website periods or states seem like as good a starting point as any. Also I would say that I am not interested in on-page SEO; that has already been covered very extensively in the sticky by Dan Schulz so we do not need to repeat it here. Also we are looking for a strategy based on a variety of complementary SEO techniques rather than single activities in isolation.

All input very welcome, but please try to frame your answers in terms of the off page SEO/SEM activity being performed, the weekly effort for that activity, the number of weeks duration of that activity, and the goal of that activity and possibly how it relates to and builds on other activities. If we all do this then we have an easy way to integrate responses and try to garner some sense of structure to our mutually created SEO strategy and hopefully make some conclusions, although unscientific and anecdotal,about what you have found to be the most effective composition of an SEO strategy.

Many thanks in advance to all who see this as a valid cause and make a contribution or constructive comment.

The Dogz.

thedogz, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  2. ddcireland11

ddcireland11 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing so nice and so use full information sharing with us.

ddcireland11, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  3. kevinloyed

kevinloyed Member

Best Answers:
    This is really nice information you have shared.

kevinloyed, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  4. jainteq

jainteq Member

Best Answers:
    In this posting we are having worthy knowledgeable, actually great details you might have contributed.
    Thanks
    Krishna

jainteq, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  5. Julius Minor

Julius Minor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Great post!

Julius Minor, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  6. chaithu

chaithu Member

Best Answers:
    chaithu, Oct 23, 2012 IP
  7. Quarite Tim

Quarite Tim Member

Best Answers:
    Good Article. Thank you for the share.

Quarite Tim, Oct 23, 2012 IP
  8. govind sharan

govind sharan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As you have mention above content play a very important roll in seo.

govind sharan, Oct 23, 2012 IP
  9. ddcireland11

ddcireland11 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing so nice and so use full information.

ddcireland11, Oct 23, 2012 IP