1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Religious confusion - please help

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by John Bull, Oct 21, 2012.

I am a hardcore Atheist and only believe in scientific facts and analysis. But I obviously know enough about the most common religions to satisfy my curiosity.

Taking just two religions - Christianity and Muslim.

My concern is that any religion must offer the criteria to live good and happy lives with an abundance of care and respect for others. Surely no God can say otherwise to his followers.

My problem is that for example, both these two religions are tremendously hypocritical, Christianity being far more extreme than the stated faith of Islam laid out in the Koran. Christians appear to suffer from hypocrisy in almost every aspect of life.

Care for others is there of course, but when the chips are down, selfishness often prevails. Also, respect for human life seems somewhat confused. We pull out all the stops and devote huge financial resources to saving even one solitary life in our social world, yet in war we actually hold church services before a battle, asking for God`s protection, before we start killing the enemy in their thousands with great enthusiasm.

Christian society is racked with contradictions of faith and morality is non-existent.

The faith of Islam on the other hand, to me seems to inspire discipline, morality, concern for others and a social well being, leading to a more mentally peaceful and happy communal life.

My main concern with Muslim`s is their departure from the words of Prophet Muhammad as laid down in their Holy Book, the Koran when they carry out horrendous atrocities in the name of Islam and the Prophet Muhammad and willingly kill and maim thousands of innocent people and destroy the productive collateral of civilization.

Can anybody please explain why these two perfectly good religions are subjected to such extreme and monumental hypocrisies by individuals and even huge masses of fanatical followers ?

John Bull, Oct 21, 2012 IP
  2. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Do you really expect people to seriously respond to this troll bait?

browntwn, Oct 21, 2012 IP
  3. mmm555

mmm555 Member

Best Answers:
    Is the human ego the reason?

mmm555, Oct 21, 2012 IP
  4. langau

langau Member

Best Answers:
    Everyone will give you different opinions but i honestly suggest you to read both holy books ( Bible and holy Quran) and decide yourself. it will make you more satisfied.

langau, Oct 21, 2012 IP
  5. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What b'town said. You wanna religious experience. Go screw yourself. Should be enlightening.

robjones, Oct 21, 2012 IP
  6. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Best Answer in the history of P&R .

ApocalypseXL, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  7. John Bull

John Bull Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well thank you very much you bunch of indescribable brainless cretins. Now I know who I am dealing with - just a grotty scraping of uneducated bums who cannot recognize intellectual quality from a pigs arse and take pride in voicing their mentally unstable and crude abusive remarks on this Forum.

And before I get chastised by a Moderator - I would suggest that he/she reads the replies I get to my perfectly innocent, well constructed and inoffensive posts before crucifying the innocent. But then, in the context of this thread - Jesus Christ was crucified, so I will be in good company.

To illucidate for the benefit of the ignorami that cannot understand my thread, I would state in a nutshel - "What the hell is the point in being religious if you cannot comply with the conditions laid down by God ?"

Oh, forget the damned thread, trying to put forward a complex and highly intellectual issue to the ignorant cretins who are obviously in great abundance on this Forum is just pissing into the wind.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
    John Bull, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  8. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anddddddddd, this is where the ignore list comes in handy.

Classic.

grpaul, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  9. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There be mostly dumbasses when you are trying to talk about P&R,specially in this section.

laxman363, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  10. John Bull

John Bull Active Member

Best Answers:
    Firstly I would like to gratefully thank the Moderator/s for being so considerate and understanding concerning the remarks made by others and also my own defensive reaction. It is not a situation I am proud of, but it does seem that a certain group of established Forum members are too fond of decorating their otherwise perfectly acceptable views with personal abuse.

Unfortunately for them, they are picking on a person who has never conceded ground to any direct attack and has always retained the right of self defense at all times, either physically or verbally above all else. Usually supplied with interest.

Now Taxman, to your comment - "BRILLIANT !!" It sums up my own experience 100%. Mind you, your comment is not restricted entirely to P&R. But whatever you may think of me, thank you for a very relevant post.

John Bull, Oct 23, 2012 IP
  11. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    ''My main concern with Muslim`s is their departure from the words of Prophet Muhammad as laid down in their Holy Book, the Koran when they carry out horrendous atrocities in the name of Islam and the Prophet Muhammad and willingly kill and maim thousands of innocent people and destroy the productive collateral of civilization.''

You are not right mister. If that time someone got killed was with a knife in his hands. No kids, No old humans, No insekts, No trees was killed or touched.

I think you have to read more about Islam before you write something.

Wish you good luck with your choice.

It was a soldier in the army and the the officer was asking him if there is a god or not?
    Soldier: Yes it is.
    Officer: Have you ever seen him?
    Soldier: No but he is overall
    Officer: If you dont see something you should not believe that exist.
    Soldier: Hey Soldiers, Do you see the Officers Brain?
    Soldier's: No!
    Soldier: The officer Have no Brain. And no one should belive that the officer have a brain!

There is a God.

Sorry about my english :)

Zoti Media Group, Oct 23, 2012 IP
  12. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Please, both hands on the keyboard sonny.

robjones, Oct 23, 2012 IP
  13. John Bull

John Bull Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Robbo old chap, I do not wish to devote my entire future on a lost cause of trying to penetrate your addled and obnoxious little brain with intellectual conversation. I have read many of your posts and find they contain "some" rare constructive material, but are ALWAYS abusive and insulting, with a typical Texan crudeness. Small brains, big hats eh ?

Please try and refine your rather inappropriate "Spaghetti Western" self styled imaginary image, it does not mix with educated society. Perhaps take a break and try your frail but rough anatomy at Bull Riding.

Oh by the way Tough-Nut, I cannot reluctantly leave your presence without stating that immortal definition :-

TEXAS - is just a land of sand, cactus, bullshit, steers and queers and your posts corroborate this to absolute perfection.

Give it a rest Robbo, go pluck yourself silly with that busted guitar wot Daddy gave ya, instead of persistently upsetting the big boys. Remember what teacher told you a school about David and Goliath ? David did win.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
    John Bull, Oct 23, 2012 IP
  14. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If only we could buy your opinions at market price and resell 'em at the value you place on them.

robjones, Oct 23, 2012 IP
  15. John Bull

John Bull Active Member

Best Answers:
    @ mmm555

Dear Twilight Vanquisher,

Whilst I am quite prepared to engage the established Crazy Gang Forum bullies in a game of abusive personality destruction, it does not contribute to either the OP subject matter or do the Forum any particular credit.

As no intelligent contribution has yet been made to this thread, I suggest you close it. It has simply generated into a spring board for a slanging match with the personality predators. Fun but rather boring.

Many thanks
    JB

John Bull, Oct 24, 2012 IP
  16. John Bull

John Bull Active Member

Best Answers:
    Typical Robbo crudeness. A Texan`s equivalent to intellectual thinking. I hate to imagine the enlightening experience of reading your 4,000 + posts.

17. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Cool. Against all odds, you actually know less about Texas than about US politics.

That machine you're accessing the net on was made possible by integrated circuit technology developed about 20 miles from where I sit. Yeah, us poor hicks jus don't got no larnin. :p Texas says "You're welcome, junior". For better or worse, we enabled you to troll.

robjones, Oct 24, 2012 IP
  18. John Bull

John Bull Active Member

Best Answers:
    Love and kisses Texarse

`Ere pea brain, is this true ?

Q: Why are rectal thermometers banned at the University of Texas?
    A: They cause too much brain damage!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  19. giorgioarmani

giorgioarmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Atheist? But you want to discuss religion?

Am I missing something here?

giorgioarmani, Oct 24, 2012 IP
  20. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    His intention sure looks to just simply troll and bash. Just look at his aggressive behavior.

Grimm, Oct 24, 2012 IP