1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Here's a great way to make money on eBay even with no products.

Discussion in 'eBay' started by monsur, May 5, 2011.

Let's look at how you do it. You act as a broker. You find products that are available for purchase on the internet at a discount, and you list them on eBay as if you were the owner, yourself. Not to worry. There’s nothing immoral about this. As a matter of fact, it’s becoming very common these days. You should think of it like this. You’re offering a needed service to folks who aren't very good with internet research. You’re identifying items that they couldn’t find, themselves. Now, there’s a little bit of risk involved with this technique, but we’ll get to that in a minute.

There are lots of websites where you can find remarkable deals on any number of products. Some common places to look are the Amazon.com marketplace, alternate auction sites (besides eBay), dropshippers, and online wholesalers. Once you find a great deal, you need to do a little research to find out what the value is on eBay. You can do a quick search of closed listings to see how much people are paying for the particular item you’ve found. Once you’ve confirmed that there’s a solid market for the item you’ve found, you list the item on eBay. You can use a stock photo of the item for your listing.

You'll get an email notification as soon as the item sells on eBay. Next, place an order for the actual item from your supplier. In many cases, depending on the supplier, you can have the product packed by your supplier so that it appears to have come directly from you. This is often true in the case of dropshippers. Otherwise, you’ll need to have the item shipped directly to you; then you can send the item to your buyer. This incurs some shipping costs, and it takes longer for your buyer to get the item.

In my introduction, I mentioned there is a little risk involved. The risk is to your eBay feedback score, which is basically your reputation. You incur this risk by promising someone else’s merchandise, and you’ll suffer if the merchandise is not available when it comes time to deliver to your buyer. So, to protect yourself, you should only list products that are in good supply. Do not ever list an item from a supplier that only has a small quantity in stock. When someone places an order with you, and you find that the merchandise is unavailable, you’ll have to find another supplier quickly.

The best way to manage this risk is to use a dropshipper and to actually buy some merchandise from the dropshipper, who then sets the merchandise aside for you. When the inventory sells, the dropshipper packages the item and ships it for you. This virtually guarantees that you’ll never receive an order only to find that your supplier is out of stock. Though, there is a little risk with this method, too. Once you buy the merchandise, you own it, even though it’s sitting in the dropshipper’s warehouse, and if the market price drops for that merchandise, you’re out of luck. You may have to sell the product at a loss.

So, both methods have their risks. You’ll have to choose which one you’re more comfortable with. As long as you’re deliberate, you’ll be fine. And you’ll stand a good chance of making some very good money on eBay, while never stocking anything.

monsur, May 5, 2011 IP
  2. frabato

frabato Member

Best Answers:
    good idea...thanks a lot

frabato, May 9, 2011 IP
  3. mygold

mygold Peon

Best Answers:
    Great tips for me.
    Thanks

mygold, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  4. internetzombie

internetzombie Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have any info on reliable dropshippers?

internetzombie, Jun 10, 2011 IP
  5. Starblazern

Starblazern Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great idea, I am actually looking into this right now - buying from online stores and shipping to eBay customers addresses. The only problem is that not many stores will want to ship to different addresses every time - I guess I'll have to tell them what I do...

Starblazern, Jun 12, 2011 IP
  6. donaldchina

donaldchina Peon

Best Answers:
    I will try someday,if in trouble , hope the original poster help me.

donaldchina, Jun 14, 2011 IP
  7. eldigitos

eldigitos Peon

Best Answers:
    It is quite time consuming though to find a product that you can continously sell in tha manner, and as such it can indreibly time consuming.

eldigitos, Jun 15, 2011 IP
  8. MitchHoward

MitchHoward Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is a very popular method. Why? BECAUSE IT WORKS and it's easy. As you said though, the key is to find a reliable dropshipper. I own a digital printing business were we print custom tshirts and work with many ebay sellers that do this exact method. So YES it works!

MitchHoward, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  9. andrewterrol

andrewterrol Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This a very good method of selling on ebay. I have some people who buy from my website and sell them on ebay. You may also buy from my website for reselling the products. Please check my signature. Thanks!

andrewterrol, Jun 25, 2011 IP
  10. glenbec

glenbec Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i want to make some money on the internet any i dears about 50quid a day? will it work for me ?

glenbec, Jun 27, 2011 IP
  11. a_smith

a_smith Peon

Best Answers:
    will it work for you? sure will do! even a 100 bucks a day

a_smith, Jun 29, 2011 IP
  12. soverign

soverign Peon

Best Answers:
    soverign, Jun 29, 2011 IP
  13. dewaz

dewaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    please try to search through google, so many dropshipper out there.
    to make sure the quality i think try the service directly.
    thats the best way to check.

dewaz, Jul 2, 2011 IP
  14. The_Hermit_1971

The_Hermit_1971 Member

Best Answers:
    This is a good idea, I plan to do this but I have a little problem. I'm already an affiliate for certain company and I get paid by commission. The problem is that I'm not sure that they are able to make a custom label with my info as a sender/seller and it'll not look as it was send from an Ebay seller. Is that allowed by Ebay? To has the info from another company as the sender/seller of the package?

The_Hermit_1971, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  15. marketingeeze

marketingeeze Peon

Best Answers:
    I have tried that successfully a number of years ago and it works. It's a bit sneaky as -by Ebay- T&C's you should have the product with you in stock... oh well...

marketingeeze, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  16. Joe023

Joe023 Peon

Best Answers:
    Can anyone recommend reliable dropshippers/wholesalers? Please PM me if so.

Joe023, Oct 20, 2012 IP
  17. traisna

traisna Active Member

Best Answers:
    dealextreme.com
    focalprice.com

traisna, Oct 20, 2012 IP
  18. alisha100

alisha100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Dropshipping thanks good idea!

alisha100, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  19. eyesight

eyesight Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing your method. How much have you earned using this particular method?

eyesight, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  20. matigemelli

matigemelli Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    matigemelli, Oct 26, 2012 IP