1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Social Media ??? Heres why...

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by mmg1865, Oct 19, 2012.

For those of you that wonder why Social Media is such an important player nowadays for website ranking and traffic generation, heres a few reasons...

Over 50% of the Worlds Population is under 30
    Facebook generates more web traffic than Google per week in the USA
    If Facebook was a country, it'd be the Worlds 3rd Largest
    A new person joins LinkedIn EVERY second
    eReaders have surpassed traditional book sales.

For more reasons check out the video on the Social Media Solutions link below.

Now... how seriously are you going to take Social Media ??

mmg1865, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  2. chaos67731

chaos67731 Peon

Best Answers:
    I really put it all down to, people like knowing whats going on in others lifes and sharing what they are doing, all SM lets us get that fill with out having to really do anything.

This saves us from acting sorry when someone says they have cancer or something else is wrong. I am not saying we as humans dont care, but 90% of the time we act more sorry than we really are.

chaos67731, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  3. ghostprivacy

ghostprivacy Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't neccessarily see this as a bad thing, if you spent all your time caring too much you'd be an emotional wreck, I think it's alright just to put it on the surface.

ghostprivacy, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  4. chaos67731

chaos67731 Peon

Best Answers:
    No question, if I were to walk around letting all my friends problems take over my state of mind, I would go NUTS!

I am just saying that Social Media has made this something we can do better, well Social Media and the use of cell smart phones. . Now when person-X calls me up to tell me how her mom is banging her boyfriend I can just ask if she is ok and say that sucks.

10 years ago I would have to site around and talk about it for 30 mins, and after all that time talking it would be a problems that is very much on my mind it I liked it or not.

chaos67731, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  5. Calorieman

Calorieman Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, this! I was thinking about this today.

I see all my friends and family logging into Facebook first thing in the morning like all the time.

If they are looking for something, I usually refer them to Google.

But primarily, it's a social network they be logging into instead of a search engine.

Also another thing I have noticed. ehow now ranks where relvant content used to be. Makes me want to use Bing...

I would use Bing if they got their algorithm right.

Anway, imagine if Facebook had it's own search engine. The other day I typed in the word 'swimming' and got a wikipedia page on Facebook with an external link.

Anyway word of mouth is another source of traffic in the end right? :D

Calorieman, Oct 19, 2012 IP
  6. mmg1865

mmg1865 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It wouldnt surprise me if Facebook did go down the Search Engine Route, they are really pushing Facebook Ads at the moment, so maybe its the next logical step.

Word of mouth is another source of traffic for sure, probably quite a small one though.

I just keep on aiming to improve on the number of visits from each Social Media every month while adding a new one.

LinkedIn is still no1 for me !!

mmg1865, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  7. airparker

airparker Peon

Best Answers:
    Very well put. I've always been surprised at the lack of interest people seem to take in social media. I actually wrote a blog post recently about the importance of social media, and how it's still a relatively untapped market.

airparker, Oct 22, 2012 IP
  8. kinnethharring

kinnethharring Peon

Best Answers:
    No wonder why social media is getting very popular among marketers.

kinnethharring, Oct 23, 2012 IP
  9. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    I thought Twitter will come to second because have second large social media active users after Facebook.
    Why you choose Linkedin ? is it more specific to your target by selling products?
    Because Linkedin is where mostly expert and high position level , decision maker hang around and sharing their idea and hunting for new job.

JerrickYeoh, Oct 23, 2012 IP
  10. mmg1865

mmg1865 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not selling products at all, more advising others how to use Social Media to enhance there Business. Because LinkedIn covers such a wide range of businesses i have quite a large area of appeal.
    I have a decent following on my Facebook Page - Almost 900
    I have nearly 3000 followers on Twitter
    but
    LinkedIn has been my top Social Media Referrer for the last 3 months.

mmg1865, Oct 24, 2012 IP