1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have you been building a list?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by chriswick, Oct 12, 2012.

List building is one of the hottest ways right now to make money online. I think a lot of people who were involved with alternative methods like SEO will now be making the swap into paid traffic and most likely list building?

My big question is, are you building a list yet and if you are how big is it?

Also, if you don't mind sharing how big is your list, and low long did it take you to build and on average how much do you make per month from each subscriber? Do you use free or paid traffic methods for driving traffic?

Thanks for answering,

Chris Wickstead

chriswick, Oct 12, 2012 IP
  2. BridgeLL

BridgeLL Peon

Best Answers:
    I am list-building, but its very slow work and takes a long time to get almost anything done. List isn't very big, so I'm not comparing it to anyone yet lol. No one wants to enter a pissing contest they can't win, right? Or maybe not, I've never entered so maybe the thrill of competing is enough lol.

BridgeLL, Oct 12, 2012 IP
  3. jjohnson777

jjohnson777 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes after being on to do list for 5-7 years started building one this year. Have few hundred on several list so far.

jjohnson777, Oct 12, 2012 IP
  4. j.ryan

j.ryan Guest

Best Answers:
    Sorry I don't have any idea about it. Can you please describe in brief about it? How it can be done?

j.ryan, Oct 13, 2012 IP
  5. ChickenMan

ChickenMan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have tried to create a list in the past however, I had to cancel my a Weber account because my funds were running low.

I know that success is in the list and building a big list will bring lots and lots of money.

What I am doing right now is off-line CPA marketing; I just started yesterday and I know and have faith that I will be successful with my campaign!

ChickenMan, Oct 13, 2012 IP
  6. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your list doesnt have to be a big list. Its the relationship you have with your list. Once you develop a relationship you develop trust.. people buy from people they trust..

kb24, Oct 14, 2012 IP
  7. Drent123

Drent123 Peon

Best Answers:
    We may have to built a list by listing process.

Drent123, Oct 14, 2012 IP
  8. Drovo

Drovo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello guys,

What I've learned from my list building experience is that THE MOST important thing ( as someone also mentioned above ) is to give value and build a relationship. Also, the more personal you act, the more responsive your list will be. Unfortunately, I've learned this the hard way. Some time ago I was looking at Russell Brunson's advice on list building as he mentioned that " contact your list everyday with offers, approximately 1 offer - 3 to 5 days and then change ". Well this IMHO is BS.
    First of all, there aren't THAT many good products to promote, and if you sell to your list every single day, they will get tired of it and in worst case of scenario they will leave your list because you are promoting every damn thing you can find without even trying it yourself. This is a mistake to do. The best way to build a list is to create a report on something and then create a squeeze page ( well that's kind of obvious ). But report should be a worthy one, not just some cheap article or sales video just to get their email addresses. If you provide good value from the very beginning, people will think: " Oh, if he's giving something that valuable for free, his paid products must be gold mine". Another thing is whenever you are promoting something to your list, be sure to try that product yourself in the first place. That way you will avoid giving your list some shitty scam product etc. That is basically what I do and list becomes very responsive. Though you have to be patient, because to build a list it takes time as well as building relationships. ON the long run, this will definitely pay off, because you can start promoting high ticket products and they WILL buy, because they already trust you.

You can make money with a list ONLY and make a very good living and everybody can do this. It's kind of fun to do as well. To sum up really, as long as you provide value and a good relationship and build trust with them it will be fun to do and profitable as well. As you are building a list, try to gain knowledge on the way, always update, try new methods, buy e-books, whenever you find a golden nugget, feel free to promote it to your list and give them free reports once in a while and tips as well. Sky is the limit here. Don't be an old car salesmen :) I hope that helps. Cheers!

Drovo, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  9. g r hasib

g r hasib Peon

Best Answers:
    A big list will bring lots and lots of money,i know .
    Itried but failed.

g r hasib, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  10. Tankstar55

Tankstar55 Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe, I can make an experimental method with regards on this thing. Building a list is not just putting your effort, make an entertainment or gimmick upon on it.

Tankstar55, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  11. xuled

xuled Banned

Best Answers:
    It does not matter how long and how short is it. It depends on your target and what you wanted to do.

xuled, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  12. wenren

wenren Peon

Best Answers:
    I am interested about link building but i do not know much about this. I would like to know more about this.

wenren, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  13. Manoko

Manoko Peon

Best Answers:
    Building a list is of prime importance of course.

Manoko, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  14. links4rank

links4rank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some robots can build links very first and they can get thousands of links from some social networks and public wiki. I wonder whether it is useful to build links manually.

links4rank, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  15. James230

James230 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We are new online bidding service where investors can login and bid on Foreclosure Real Estate Properties in Arizona going to auction every day. Here you are guided for Real estate investment fund foreclosures REO services trustee auctions distressed property Arizona. You must have complete, current, and accurate information to make informed decisions.

James230, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  16. doktu

doktu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Building a List is one of the important things in IM. But as long as you don't have a good, unique product, then it won't be beneficial. I'd rather have a small list of people who can buy, than a large list that can't convert into sales. However, the list need to be built exponentially, and reviewed. You also need to go back to the list and engage your important clients to keep them.

doktu, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  17. jmedrano

jmedrano Active Member

Best Answers:
    Building a list is a must. This is what big companies do to. Have you ever went inside of a store and at the register they ask you if you want to be on their mailing list. Well that is offline building. Online is when you build a squeeze page and capture names and emails. I think a lot of marketers are now focusing on this because of Google's constant changes to their search engines.

I just built me a squeeze page for the dating niche and am on my way to building a list. Guys if your reading this you are gonna want to check it out. http://taoofabadass.kachingly.com/ There is some secret nuggets in their if your a single dude.

jmedrano, Oct 17, 2012 IP
  18. FelixUng

FelixUng Peon

Best Answers:
    Building a list is a good way for recurring income of course but do beware that a BIG list does not mean it is a good list. It also depends on how targeted it is. If the list is very large but are filled with freebie seekers I don't see a point in accumulating more and more of 'em. More cost will follow with a large list so do be careful about it :)

FelixUng, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  19. Chris Wilson

Chris Wilson Peon

Best Answers:
    The way that works for me as far a building my list and getting traffic is free safelist sites hands down. Again, this works for me. A lot people still don't realize

Chris Wilson, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  20. jmedrano

jmedrano Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you guys need today's modern squeeze pages that really convert. There is Lead Rocket. These are high converting capture pages to help build your list. Even the President uses these types of landing pages. Check it out.

jmedrano, Oct 18, 2012 IP