1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site dissappeared from google. help a real dummy out!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by girl, Oct 8, 2012.

Hi, some time in 2004 I started dabbling around with sites. I created a few sites based on some little research I made back then. Since then I have had very little time to upgrade, improve or keep myself updated of the latest changes. For years one of my sites has kept its main keyword in the top ten resulting in a few hundred dollars of income per month. As of the last 8 days or so, the sites ranking for this keyword and others has completely dissappeared off google. I am at a loss as to what happened but obviously wish to fix this. I do not wish to divuldge the domain name on a public forum but if you think you can help me figure whats wrong and how to fix it please pm me for the site url. I would also be willing to pay for the service although free advice is always welcome :)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
    girl, Oct 8, 2012 IP
  2. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Would you mention which website keyword disappeared ?

OSSEO, Oct 8, 2012 IP
  3. katyang

katyang Peon

Best Answers:
    Many people are facing the same problem as you due to Google Penguin update. You need to do white hat SEO techniques to your website. Mostly "exact match domain" are starting to vanish in first page of Google.

katyang, Oct 8, 2012 IP
  4. girl

girl Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes the keyword in question is an exact domain match. What is white hat seo

girl, Oct 8, 2012 IP
  5. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have checked your website now , You need to set your Home page title. if you don't know how to make Title so you can idea from SEOMOZ website by searching Title you will get complete guideline.

OSSEO, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  6. jopsons

jopsons Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have also got same problem like this, suddenly my website not appear for most popular keywords, which are people will search regularly. Today i have checked it to know the where is my position. Shocked!!! my website not appear on top 100. Might be it will effected by google recent updates :( . I have to restructure it again.

jopsons, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  7. gaspard69

gaspard69 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Same here...my website is completely disappeared from Google search. It was in 1st page, 1st result and now it isn't in the first 100 results! Very bad!

gaspard69, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  8. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    well, you must be one of the last ones to learn about the EMD update, which is a gogole update about the exact match domain.. Yes google waited until 2012 to do something about it :)

JamesColin, Oct 9, 2012 IP