1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

If you only had $30 to start an online business........

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MobileInternet, Sep 30, 2012.

1. DownServ

DownServ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thank you that's great

DownServ, Oct 7, 2012 IP
  2. abyssofseo

abyssofseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Has someone mentioned Forex? Otherwise, use this $30 to buy a membership plan on one of the free lance websites to start working and earning more.

abyssofseo, Oct 7, 2012 IP
  3. ez-plr

ez-plr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It all depends on what you want to achieve, how much time you have on your hands. If you're interested in a hands off - passive income type business, then I would make niche blogs. If you have a lot of time then you could offer some kind of service like logo design, article writing etc.

ez-plr, Oct 7, 2012 IP
  4. jimrom

jimrom Member

Best Answers:
    If you're paying for memberships on freelance sites, you're using the wrong freelance sites. The ones that work don't charge the workers for doing the job, at least not up front.

jimrom, Oct 7, 2012 IP
  5. HostPlanz

HostPlanz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Or you can pay me $10 bucks for a sure win roulette strategy which you can use the other $20 for.

HostPlanz, Oct 7, 2012 IP
  6. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $30 to start a business? I'll try to be creative and not go with the obvious blog/info product route.

Use free tools to provide research type services to get funds coming in. Cost: $0

Start working on Fiverr and use your current funds to advertise your gig. Cost: $30

Register with Clickbank and use your funds to market your links. Cost: $30

Buy a membership in a good forum, or buy a BST thread on a forum and post an advertisement about your strongest service. Cost: $10-$30

Do some In-Game work. Farm some Gold. Cost: $30

Provide On-Page SEO Audit. Cost: $0

Provide Content Editing/Proofreading. Cost: $0-$10

Traditione, Oct 7, 2012 IP
    MobileInternet likes this.
  7. pogospring

pogospring Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't see $30 getting you very far. There's plenty you can do that doesn't involve investment. Guest blogging and using aff links in your text, Squidoo or Hubpage page creation. Any online platform that offers a profit share for content would work.

Try to make it so that your content has some longevity and is not reliant on 'flash in the pan' search phrases.

pogospring, Oct 7, 2012 IP
  8. WillyZ

WillyZ Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd buy lunch:cool:

WillyZ, Oct 7, 2012 IP
  9. Sharpay

Sharpay Active Member

Best Answers:
    1: Choose a niche. I'd choose a microniche and 3 exact-match keywords with roughly ~30,000 searches (via Google's Keyword tool)

2: Find & Write at least 10 articles. Each title would have 1 of 3 keywords included, then repeat the keyword maybe once or twice. Each article would include quality content and wouldn't be pushing people to buy anything. It would just be informative.

3: Buy a domain, preferably a .com & start up my blog.

4: Post 1 article every 1-2 days, roughly 3 articles a week. My blog would have a simple, attractive design and a maximum of two ads. Preferably one banner and one small,
    simple text ad.

5: I would find amazon, clickbank, ebay or whatever products to promote: A max of 3.

6: Start posting quality feedback on other people's blogs: and the link to my blog would be my name, not some keyword I want to target.

7: Locate some guest bloggers and allow them one link to promote their product and one link for their blog. I would do this by privately contacting blog owners of blogs that I
    actually like. I would tell them what about their blog I like and ask for a specific spin for my blog.

8: SEO work! Make a twitter and, depending on the niche, a facebook page. Submit to 10+ directory per day until I ran out of directories.

9: Run a contest: an actual contest with an actual winner. Something like retweet this message, follow us, and like our page for a chance to win [a $20 item relevant to my
    niche]

10: After all 10 articles have been posted and preferably a guest post or two, write more articles! This time I would include review articles on products I'm promoting with honest reviews, including any perceived negatives. If using digital products, I would contact the seller as an affiliate to see if I could have a free review. I would link them to the site I'd be using to promote.

Hopefully this is profitable! If it isn't, I'd sell the domain and content for at least $30--but preferably more. ;)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
    Sharpay, Oct 7, 2012 IP
  10. CamTwits

CamTwits Peon

Best Answers:
    Definitely a blog and start writing some original content which you can share with article submissions

CamTwits, Oct 7, 2012 IP
  11. HostPlanz

HostPlanz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OP probably spent his $30 bucks on beer already after reading these depressing ideas.

HostPlanz, Oct 8, 2012 IP
  12. hostfi

hostfi Peon

Best Answers:
    Start a website making tutorials of something I'm good at and then make money off the ads!

hostfi, Oct 8, 2012 IP
  13. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:
    Don't even $30, and start using Squidoo, write content and post regularly, you would start earning money.

MikeQ, Oct 8, 2012 IP
  14. atomweb

atomweb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    with 30$, do some research on online poker (for about one month), the next month start playing :)

Once you have 1000$ look into the online business side, but don't forget the online poker :)

atomweb, Oct 8, 2012 IP
  15. markinternet

markinternet Member

Best Answers:
    i would start an information selling business, quick and easy to set up

markinternet, Oct 8, 2012 IP
  16. leandros21

leandros21 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Buy a domain and purchase for some articles.

leandros21, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  17. josephhubbard0

josephhubbard0 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is better to buy a domain that has a good and a relevant keyword that sells fast.

josephhubbard0, Oct 10, 2012 IP
  18. aviraeleven

aviraeleven Peon

Best Answers:
    you can make money with no money in IM.. not that easy.. but you can.. built and market on a free platform first..Then later use the money to finance some traffic for your website..

aviraeleven, Oct 11, 2012 IP
  19. MobileInternet

MobileInternet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, I would start off doing some good keyword research, then register a domain name for $5 from godaddy using their coupon code, then use 000webhost.com for free hosting, install wordpress and a nice free theme. set-up paypal and set-up the theme to resell fiverr gigs for a profit, plenty of things on fiverr that can be re-sold for a good profit, video testimonials, SEO reports, Logos, graphics, etc... Promote website on forums and social networking sites....

Use the profits for new online ventures....

Total amount spent = $5.

:)

MobileInternet, Oct 11, 2012 IP
  20. dedeblank

dedeblank Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just buy some beer and cigar, sit down on the beach and start thinking the idea :d, stop dreaming start action

dedeblank, Oct 14, 2012 IP