1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Traffic dropped from google SERP

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by GMBRDILOS, Oct 4, 2012.

Ok 28 Sept. organic traffic suddenly dropped for all my websites. I have done nothing, sites are hosted in different hosts, the niche are quite different. Can anybody say the reason, what would be the cause?

GMBRDILOS, Oct 4, 2012 IP
  2. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
  3. mione

mione Member

Best Answers:
    We have found that since Penguin and Panda if your site is over optimised or stuffed full of keywords then it can suffer. Also, blogpost links and other comment/spam type links can now have a detrimental effect on your site. I would check those factors first.

mione, Oct 4, 2012 IP
  4. GMBRDILOS

GMBRDILOS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info.... I read it and came to a decision that google has done a stupid update as he leaves almost no chance
    to quality sites. He says like the sites that are just created and they have keyword domains they will be went down and never appear in SERP. It seems to be stupid. I didn't expect that from google.

GMBRDILOS, Oct 4, 2012 IP
  5. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Well, I can tell you that I have some EMD sites and didn't experience problems. I think the majority of people who fell hard were victims of Panda, too. Poor quality content and SEO (on/off-page). A lot of the articles about the EMD update are a bit misleading due to the fact Panda wasn't known about at the time.

One of the hardest things to do is be objective about one's own sites, or SEO. Forget about your domain name (think about it: the aim was against low quality, not just EMD specifically) and do a full site content and SEO audit. Forget whitehat/blackhat and just solely consider Google's Webmaster guidelines. Such an audit will show you where the problems are.

Good luck!

ryan_uk, Oct 4, 2012 IP
  6. chenting

chenting Active Member

Best Answers:
    hubpages is hit hard in this update

chenting, Oct 5, 2012 IP
  7. shivambest

shivambest Member

Best Answers:
    just check your site's performance through google analytics and webmaster tools to get some idea about what's wrong with your site

shivambest, Oct 6, 2012 IP
  8. forexking1

forexking1 Banned

Best Answers:
    forget about google ..google makes change without reason

forexking1, Oct 6, 2012 IP
  9. abyssofseo

abyssofseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Let's wait and hope that everything will restore because I will be very angry otherwise ))

abyssofseo, Oct 6, 2012 IP
  10. Padalda

Padalda Banned

Best Answers:
    EMD sites with low quality content are affected by this update.

Padalda, Oct 6, 2012 IP
  11. carlosera

carlosera Member

Best Answers:
    We can't forget about google, people use it everywhere
    it's all about SEO

carlosera, Oct 6, 2012 IP
  12. GMBRDILOS

GMBRDILOS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Which is considered to be quality content? Who decides if the content is quality or not. Robots can never do that, that's why we all are involved in some how. I post only unique ant quality posts.

I agree with forexking1 , google makes serious changes without any serious reason. The matter is that google needs as and not we need it. Without as google can't has life but I can't understand why we all accept google's rules, we shout told rules and ways.

GMBRDILOS, Oct 7, 2012 IP
  13. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Yes, I know, but not all sites losing traffic and rank around that time were as a result of having EMD. You're missing the point: a Panda update happened at the same time (as the EMD one), which affected a lot more search queries than the EMD update. No one knew about the Panda update a few days later, hence the confusion and a lot of inaccurate conclusions. Anyone losing traffic around that time would be foolish to ignore the Panda effect.

ryan_uk, Oct 7, 2012 IP
  14. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Well, it is possible to programmatically make assessments of document quality. From as simple as detecting duplicate content, to comparing anchor text/sources of backlinks and the relevancy of documents.

You don't seem to be getting what Google is trying to do: take the focus back to content and not using SEO tricks.

If Google didn't have quality guidelines and enforce them then it would be easy to manipulate and trick it. Scammers could just spam and place their websites at the top of key search results. Would you be happy to be scammed as a result? Or if your friends and family were? If the El Tourismo site is one that was affected, then the on-site issues are fairly simple to fix (meta keywords - aren't used anymore except as a spam indicator, over-use of blog post tags and ad layout over content).

As for off site: the relevancy of your backlinks... well, what do mobile phone and netbook sites have to do with a tourism site? Nothing. Blog rolls are well documented to be ignored at best, at worst used as a spam indicator. You need to read and learn more about Google updates, rather than complaining. Your problems aren't difficult to overcome.

ryan_uk, Oct 7, 2012 IP