1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facts about USA --- Is it True ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Meedan, Oct 5, 2012.

I was going through an online article about 'Facts' & found below -- Well I believe few points are True but just wanted to know how much of below is accurate.

• In a top of the countries that invests the most in the military, USA is the leader.
    • Almost half of the weapons exported to the development countries comes from USA.
    • USA holds the record of people that are living alone.
    • USA has the biggest number of people that are dying because of obesity.
    • Americans are also the biggest alcohol consumers in the world.
    • US holds the record for the highest divorce rate.
    • In US, 22% of young women give birth while they are still teenagers.
    • The most kidnappings take place in Columbia,
    • The biggest number of crimes is registered in the US.
    • The most plastic surgeries take place in US
    • In the United States, you have 66% more chances of being sued than,let’s say, France.
    • In the US there are more inmates that in any other country in the world. 0.7% of the entire US population is in prison.

Meedan, Oct 5, 2012 IP
  2. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    South Carolina can be a tough place, but I think you mean Colombia.

Do your own research. Assume that everything you don't see with your own eyes is a lie.

Kerosene, Oct 5, 2012 IP
  3. MarvinE

MarvinE Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that some of these are true. Especially the parts with the weapons exportations. I have seen news about small countries which are in a development process, and in order to get financial help they were also supposed to buy weapons from the US. We live crazy times.

MarvinE, Oct 5, 2012 IP
  4. archedu

archedu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SOme of them are true as far as I know!

archedu, Oct 5, 2012 IP
  5. rookey

rookey Peon

Best Answers:
    Since it's all negative, I'm afraid all of them may be true! :cool:

rookey, Oct 5, 2012 IP
    puremonopoly likes this.
  6. mcreative

mcreative Active Member

Best Answers:
    I consider these true . Despite the fact that US claims to be at the top, they have serious issues too.

mcreative, Oct 7, 2012 IP
  7. Meedan

Meedan Member

Best Answers:
    And for me... Research starts with Internet

Meedan, Oct 11, 2012 IP
  8. awcguy

awcguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    And I would venture to say the common denominator with all of those items would be money...

awcguy, Oct 11, 2012 IP
  9. N Solanki

N Solanki Member

Best Answers:
    I think, you're right.

N Solanki, Oct 11, 2012 IP
  10. treygray

treygray Peon

Best Answers:

treygray, Oct 12, 2012 IP
  11. mmm555

mmm555 Member

Best Answers:
    I think that most of those are true, but not all.

mmm555, Oct 12, 2012 IP
  12. chunnumunnu

chunnumunnu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't know about USA but yes in Corruption Cases India is on Top.. India looks poor but Its Actually a golden goose! .. Did you ever heard scams of $1billion , $10 billion, $100 billion, $400 billion??

Yes its scams! .. $1 Billion Scams are very common in these days! ..

Now imagine .. $2 Trillion USD GDP of Indian Economy and Scams worth More than $2 trillion o-O .. The latest scam is Thorium scam Worth more than $500 billion o-O .. More than around 1 lac tonne of thorium sold to other countries at price of Mud ..

chunnumunnu, Oct 12, 2012 IP
  13. W1ck3dS1ck

W1ck3dS1ck Member

Best Answers:
    I don't even think the US is in TOP 10, biggest alcohol consuming counties in the world.

For the second point I think this is meant for Colombia in South America

I think in the past few years Johanesburg in Sout Africa was the city with the biggest crime rate in the world.

As for the plasti surgeries there are countries which far surpased the US.

But all the other points are true

W1ck3dS1ck, Oct 13, 2012 IP
  14. puremonopoly

puremonopoly Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's all true. Except, the facts make it sound like a bad thing. There is a lot of positive facts about the USA. Not everyone fits into those statistics. I like how people emphasize the bad in the world and don't show the good side of the statistics, like; 99.3% of the entire USA population ISN'T in prison or detainment. Or, a lot of people don't have plastic surgery. When you're looking at plastic surgery statistics you have to take into account that some of those cases are to fix defects that occurred from an accident or a critical genetic deviation that needed attention. The USA may have higher rates because there's a lot more leisure money for a lot of people to use on things others wouldn't consider a necessity. Rather, since many people in the USA tend to be materialistic or driven by popular culture they might feel segregated by not having these elective surgeries. I think that they have a lot more psychological issues they'd need worked out first before questioning physical aspects of their body. However, whatever someone decides to do with their body should be up to them if it doesn't infringe on others rights. These statistics are rather abstract, which makes me wonder if the page has a good reputation where you found this information. "Columbia"? Why would someone be fact checking information for the USA and add statistics for the entire America's. North America is a completely different environment than South America. And South America has a lot of different zones with many demographics, so to break statistics up like this into random sectors and try to say that this is what a country is like is too broad of a generalization and means nothing in actual socio-economic environments. Yes, USA is a lawsuit happy country! Even if a lot of people aren't in lawsuits, they do happen quite often and I'm making a very wide bit of speculation, which I believe to be true, yet I think that you wouldn't be able to find one person in the USA that doesn't know someone that is or has been a party in a lawsuit. Obesity is an EXTREME problem in the USA, mostly because of fast food and the lack of nutritional guidelines in schools and the communities that offer such sugar-filled vending machines. Soda drinking is crazy, not to mention all of the alcohol that is consumed. However, when you look at the other side of the spectrum... I love the USA! It's awesome. There's so much to do and it is filled with so many wonderful people, places and natural scenes that it can truly take your breath away how heart-felt it is. I'm sure a lot of places in the world are excellent if you'd look at it from the positive side.

puremonopoly, Oct 14, 2012 IP
  15. -jay-

-jay- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    most true, except your only pointing out negative facts about the US.
    There are many many amazing things about the US which is why people from most other countries try to come here.

-jay-, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  16. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    My point. Exactly.

Kerosene, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  17. MavericJobs@yahoo.com

MavericJobs@yahoo.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    agree with this comment

MavericJobs@yahoo.com, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  18. Nik_the_great

Nik_the_great Peon

Best Answers:
    My main concern for US citizens at this point (particularly those brave enough to protest against government greed like the occupy protesters) is that they've been building concentration camps in the US for the several years now. So it begs the question, WHO THE HECK ARE THEY GONNA PUT IN THERE?! I've got one eye on that situation at all times.

Nik_the_great, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  19. ghostprivacy

ghostprivacy Peon

Best Answers:
    Find me a country which doesn't have issues. There's a price for being there it seems.

ghostprivacy, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  20. bommi

bommi Member

Best Answers:
    yes i hope most of them are true as my knowledge but i am not sure with few of them.

bommi, Oct 19, 2012 IP