1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to build targeted do-follow links?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Seqqa, Sep 30, 2012.

I've been out of the SEO game for a while now and looking to get back into it, what's are the best ways to build targeted do-follow links? Lot of blogs I've checked are now nofollow.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Seqqa, Sep 30, 2012 IP
  2. CanJohn

CanJohn Peon

Best Answers:
    It's definitely getting harder... i think the best way is to just make quality content that people like to link to. That's always been the case, but you used to be able to get away with useless content and still make $$ a lot easier than you can now. I think article marketing still has it's place but only to get users interested in your site and not so much for the link quality. Make relationships, and get links that way.

Bloggers survive on being social and helping each other out, so that's a good method to get your name out there. Obviously it depends on what your promoting though i guess...?

CanJohn, Sep 30, 2012 IP
  3. Brianb

Brianb Peon

Best Answers:
    Even if the blogs are nofollow it's still a good idea to create links on them if they have traffic, after all you need traffic to make money, not links.

You can get some great dofollow backlinks by using quest posting, article marketing, web 2.0 sites, press releases, blog commenting, profile backlinks...etc

Brianb, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  4. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Basically the reason I ask, is that I'm building a new business and SEO was going to be apart of my overall marketing strategy. I'm going to use the blog to write targeted SEO articles about the products and services I offer that I think will generate high quality leads. But, I understand that these articles will never rank by themselves so there needs to be some kind of SEO strategy behind it. I have a list of blogs with luvcomment enabled that are slightly targeted to my niche, but for protection purposes and to make the link building look natural I'd like to be as diverse as possible. Guest posting and exchanging posts is something I've been thinking of. I have a question, are blog comments valued the same as guest post links, i.e., does Google differentiate between the two?

Thanks!

Seqqa, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  5. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have said this more times than I care to recount quite frankly... but again...

It is googles job to return the most relevant result for X query. So, in order to rank well, you have to make the site actually relevant. Spending all day thinking about how to do SEO(as defined by folks on digital point) is an unmitigated waste of time.

I have read no less than 100 threads in the last few day that are mindbogglingly stupid and wrong.

If its offered in the services section here, it is not SEO and will accomplish nothing, same with fivver.... blog commenting, link wheels, directory submissions social bookmarking(well, that has its benefits it's typically not quite as harmful.. Its not however SEO)

Read the sticky thread and this.... http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1835616

Sticky thread is there for a reason yet no one ever bothers to read it.

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Oct 1, 2012 IP
    Seqqa likes this.
  6. ethun

ethun Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think forum posting is the best way to build dofollow backlinks. An another way building backlinks is article submission. It still hasn't lost it appeal. Nofollow is also important to build traffic. Commenting on dofollow can also help you in this mission.

ethun, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  7. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have to find dofollow source, i.e Directory , Social Bookmarking , Blogs & Forums .

OSSEO, Oct 2, 2012 IP
  8. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agreed that more and more blog change back to nofollow due to too many spammer
    Suggest use guest blogging and link purchase to get dofollow backlink

lifeplayer, Oct 2, 2012 IP
  9. kinnethharring

kinnethharring Peon

Best Answers:
    As what you have say that most of the blogs are no follow and in fact most of the sites of today's are no follow and its harder for now to find a site that is do follow. We must admit the fact that linking trough no follow links is the bets way out for us to get links.

kinnethharring, Oct 2, 2012 IP
  10. monishssn

monishssn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Absolutely Spot on. Even though you are mentioning something very useful, no one is bothered about it.
    But I got your point.

Thanks a lot.

monishssn, Oct 3, 2012 IP
  11. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    +rep that's a fantastic idea. I'm definitely going to run with this one!

Seqqa, Oct 3, 2012 IP
  12. CreativeSoul

CreativeSoul Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try searching for google operators, also you should try backlink analysis tools ad spy on competitors.

CreativeSoul, Oct 3, 2012 IP
  13. Eugeanne

Eugeanne Peon

Best Answers:
    Do follow links are beneficial to your site of you are looking for quality backlinks.

Eugeanne, Oct 4, 2012 IP