1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making a similar blog in blogspot to increase your back links and referral traffic?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by alishaceilava, Sep 29, 2012.

I am not a professional, so I am working on my website www.topgradepapers.com now to increase its web-traffic. After 2 months of efforts and searching on google tricks and tips for SEO i finally touched PR2. Now my main focus is to increase the backlinks. What do you guys suggest, if I make a blog on blogspot.com and paste a same material what I paste in my website blog, and link it back to the website.

Will this helps in google ranking
    Is it a duplication and wrong in seo for Google
    Can I Get some referral traffic through this.

Thank you appreciate for your suggestions.

alishaceilava, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    referral traffic perhaps but as a general rule, no. Its a waste of time. I have said this a more times around here than I care to recount but...

Its google job to return the most relevant query for x search term. If you want to rank well you have to make the site actual relevant.

Your time is better spent on writing useful content that attracts and retains visitors.

Additionally, yes, that is merely duplicate content.

hope that helps,
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  3. alishaceilava

alishaceilava Peon

Best Answers:

Thank you Nigel, I was more like, if I create a blog on blogspot as google gives it more ranking so I can get more target audience there then on my blog. But now I get your idea, that I should be working on the blog of my website, rather then making a duplicate blog.

I have been reading and reading about backlinks. I have tried a lot to put backlinks too, but I am unable to understand, if I make 1000 backlinks only 200 get approved why is that.? your help and knwoledge sharing is appreciated.

Thanks

alishaceilava, Sep 30, 2012 IP
  4. gombile13

gombile13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    congrat for your pr 2 :)
    create good content and optimize the on page SEO, for backlink, you can submit your website to website that has similar niche.

gombile13, Sep 30, 2012 IP
  5. Aman Gulati

Aman Gulati Peon

Best Answers:
    i think you should concentrate more on writing and posting original, uique and quality content on your site, side by side you can do SEO but the key factor is "Content is King"

Aman Gulati, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  6. infoaddicts

infoaddicts Active Member

Best Answers:
    copy - pasting the same stuff on blogspot is huge waste of time. You better focus on posting engaging content on your main site.

infoaddicts, Oct 2, 2012 IP
  7. alishaceilava

alishaceilava Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you, I am still struggling for PR 3. And learning things at the same time. I have found out that yes, Content attracts a lot, but without backlinks your content has not much value. Is this a correct statement :)

alishaceilava, Oct 4, 2012 IP