1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Page I am on in Yahoo Directory not Indexed by Google

Discussion in 'Directories' started by BuenosAires, Nov 24, 2006.

Help!

I paid 300USD to submit to the Yahoo Directory, and they only went and stuck me right down in the deepest part of their structure. Which wouldn't be a huge problem, only...

THE PAGE I AM ON IS NOT INDEXED BY GOOGLE (or msn for that matter)

It IS indexed by Yahoo, of course, but 1 out of 3 is not good, and basically I only really care about Google. For me, the point of this link is to get Google to trust me a little more, but they won't even know the link is there at all if they do not index the page of the directory I am on.

So....does anyone have any hints and tips for how I can be proactive and get this page of the Yahoo Directory indexed in Google.

Would it maybe help, perversely, if I went round submitting this page of the Yahoo directory to other directories? Would free ones be OK, or would it have to be decent paid ones? Do you think it would take a lot of submissions, or a few, or maybe this wouldn't work at all? Is there another way!??

HELP! I really don't want this 300 bucks to go to waste!

BuenosAires, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  2. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well, in this case, I think you SHOULD care where you were particularly put in Yahoo's directory. Sucks to hear of your misfortune.

an0n, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  3. Michael

Michael Raider

Best Answers:

Please PM me the url and the directory category, I would like to take a look at this.

Thanks.

- Michael

Michael, Nov 24, 2006 IP
  4. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    Submit to nice directories free or paid I can personally recommend all that are listed here.

! Ask !, Nov 25, 2006 IP
  5. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    ! Ask !, Nov 25, 2006 IP
  6. BuenosAires

BuenosAires Peon

Best Answers:
    well, to be fair on Yahoo, it is the most appropriate category for my website.

i tried to submit to a higher category because i knew of this problem beforehand, but of course they put me in the most appropriate area. i was just hoping they would put me higher up.

BuenosAires, Nov 25, 2006 IP
  7. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    How about putting a link from your site or another of your sites, to the Yahoo url your directory listing is on? After a week or two, once Google picks it up, take the link off your site. That should at least get Google to it, to index it. Worth a try.

GTech, Nov 25, 2006 IP
    Jat likes this.
  8. BuenosAires

BuenosAires Peon

Best Answers:

PM sent. let me know what you think.

Jat likes this.
  9. GFX^^

GFX^^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wha tabout linking to the page your listing is? that should get taht page indexed by G

GFX^^, Nov 25, 2006 IP
    Jat likes this.
  10. BuenosAires

BuenosAires Peon

Best Answers:

Thanks for the suggestions Ask. I've seem these before :)

I just wanted to know if there is a surefire, easy way to get this page in the Yahoo Directory indexed by Google :)

11. BuenosAires

BuenosAires Peon

Best Answers:

I had thought about this, but wouldn't it lessen the value of the link in Google's eyes, as a reciprocal?

And if I removed the link from my site when the page gets indexed, wouldn't that mean it would be possible that Google would then drop the page from its index?

Even if it did stay after I removed my link, would it always remain a recip in Google's eyes because I originally linked to it?

Just some questions I am thinking about. I guess there are no definite answers, but all suggestions appreciated.

12. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    Just link it from the homepage of your site, you can put a text like this “Listed at Yahoo”.
    Also you can put it on your signature here.
    I had the same problem at Alive and solved it like this.
    Don’t worry about reciprocal, you can take it after google index it.

! Ask !, Nov 25, 2006 IP
  13. BuenosAires

BuenosAires Peon

Best Answers:
    to be honest, i'm feeling pretty low right now.

after about 4 months, i thought my site was out of the 'sandbox'. i did a very successful link bait recently, and got a few high power links. then the last few days my site started to creep into Google for most of my major search terms in the 20 to 50 positions, slowing coming in across the data centers before being there in all of them last night.

then, today, i have disappeared from Google for all of these search terms in all of the data centers. just like that. hope it was a sign of things to come, and soon!

also, i need that Yahoo directory link counted by Google to help me along in this cause!

14. BuenosAires

BuenosAires Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah. i'm thinking about doing this. but do you have any answers to my related questions about this in my post directly above yours?

i'm not going to put it in my sig at DP. i'm kind of paranoid about 'outing' my site in the SEO community. don't ask why :)

15. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Judt post the URL of page in a forum which is indexed by gogole bot or just include that page URL in your signature

But the best way is to post in a forum like www.freewebspace.net

under web design review

I am sure if you post there it will surely indexed by Google

Freewebspace, Nov 25, 2006 IP
  16. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want PM the link to yahoo I will try to get you some links, so you don’t have a reciprocal links, after indexing will be difficult to google to drop a yahoo page.

! Ask !, Nov 25, 2006 IP
  17. BuenosAires

BuenosAires Peon

Best Answers:
    very kind offer, thanks! pm sent.

however, i think google HAS dropped this page of the Yahoo directory before, because it has pagerank. doesn't that suggest it was indexed before and then dropped? if so, it could happen again.

18. BuenosAires

BuenosAires Peon

Best Answers:
    ignore this post!

19. dkessaris

dkessaris Peon

Best Answers:
    From my experience this is quite normal for Google. One of my sites that had some decent (but not anything out of the ordinary) links got digged twice, first page of del.icio.us three time, reddited once etc within a month, that resulted in a huge ammount of links. Right after that it surfaced in Google's results for some competitive keywords but quickly started sinking and then poof, it disappeared. However, after a couple of months when all these links started ageing and it was obvious that it wasn't an artificial link popularity boost, my SERPs increased and now I enjoy good SERPs for most of my major keywords.

dkessaris, Nov 25, 2006 IP
  20. BuenosAires

BuenosAires Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope the same happens to me in a couple of months! Gives me a little hope... :)