1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Visitor Increase but no change in clicks

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by poetic908, Sep 27, 2012.

I've been struggling with Adsense for few years now. I put solid several hours per day to see traffic increase through SEO and PPC, but even when traffics increased, I didn't see any change in the # of clicks. I do all the recommended things in SEO books (I read most major books on SEO, like Art of SEO, SEO Made Simple, and many more) and tried out various SEO tools, marketing through social media, changing codes of websites and adsense placements, and keyword researching but while my changes certainly increased visitor numbers, they didn't really affect click numbers.

I'm really not sure why this is the case. I read here that many people make $100+ per day with Adsense. Frankly, my targets are like $5 to $10/day...any tips? I try to write good contents, but there's only so much time I can dedicate to contents. I thought my niche was too crowded, but I try to make it original and market it...so I'm not sure why.

Do people just not click on Adsense Ads anymore??

poetic908, Sep 27, 2012 IP
  2. David08

David08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    whats is your Website?

David08, Sep 27, 2012 IP
  3. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense can be very difficult if you don't have lots and lots of visitors. Maybe better to use some other monetization forms. :)

ninjamtlt1, Sep 27, 2012 IP
  4. poetic908

poetic908 Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to make some money from affiliate marketing, but that too has slowed.

I read that some people target for "specific keywords" to bring a lot of traffic. That is, if your website is about Italian food cooking, you can try to get listed for Italian food, Italian cuisine, etc...But how do you do that? Just a lot of contents?

P.S. Several books mentioned "backlinks" - does this really help in terms of getting more visitors?

poetic908, Sep 27, 2012 IP
  5. BacklinkExpert

BacklinkExpert Active Member

Best Answers:
    whats is your Website? I take a look.

BacklinkExpert, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  6. cjacobs611

cjacobs611 Peon

Best Answers:
    Another alternative is Eleavers.com..Check it out I'm getting decent conversion with it.

cjacobs611, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  7. kartikmsm

kartikmsm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    may Be It's The Ad-Placement ?

kartikmsm, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  8. BacklinkExpert

Best Answers:
    change your ads position and color.

9. poetic908

poetic908 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just messaged you. Please let me know what you think.

poetic908, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  10. palme

palme Active Member

Best Answers:
    How maney click have your site and for howmuch , in my case is almost 1-3 click pr 250 - 300 page view , i recommend to install google toolbar and alexa toolbar to be sure about your sites traffic.

palme, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  11. BacklinkExpert

Best Answers:
    Try put above the fold.

12. andrekhrisna

andrekhrisna Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have several positions that get clicks:

1. Above the fold (like what BacklinkExpert)
    2. Wrap AdSense with post
    3. For ads within content and light background, try to blend it, and if it's dark background, you can complement or contrast the ads. For ads adjecent to content and light background, try complement it. And if it's dark background, contrast the ads.
    • To blend, make the background and borders of your ads the same color as the background of your page where the ad is placed. If your site has a white background and you don't want to spend a lot of time choosing ad colors, we recommend using our pre-designed Open Air palette.
    • To complement, use colors that already exist on your site, but don't match the background and borders exactly where the ads are placed.
    • To contrast, choose colors that stand out against the background of your site. Contrasting is recommended only for sites with dark background, so we suggest using a palette with white background, white borders, and blue titles.
    4. Use dual 336 ads at the top of eachcontent page. If you think this looks to spammy and want a little bit ofa cleaner look you can use one 336 ad and wrap it with text.

Hope it works!

Success for you.

P.S. I have copywriting insider information, look down on my signature ;)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
    andrekhrisna, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  13. poetic908

poetic908 Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, I changed my website layout to do the above the fold. I already tried text wrap with Adsense with some other websites and didn't see much changes. Color is OK with me so that's out. Dual 336 ads is something I know but haven't tried, but I'll give it a shot later - mainly because that'll require adjusting the layout much more so I rather save that for the end. :) Will update if I see any change in a week or two!

poetic908, Sep 30, 2012 IP
  14. swatkats

swatkats Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have you checked properly that you have Added that Site to your Adsense Account?

swatkats, Sep 30, 2012 IP
  15. jvvigneshkumar

jvvigneshkumar Peon

Best Answers:
    hmm you can do that.... please check where the usres are clicking and place the ad's over there :)

jvvigneshkumar, Oct 1, 2012 IP