1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blog doesn't look the same on Chrome, IE and Firefox

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by WillFlipIt, Sep 25, 2012.

1. WillFlipIt

WillFlipIt Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for checking it out though. I guess I will just have to find somewhere else to place my adsense unit.

WillFlipIt, Sep 28, 2012 IP
  2. HBz

HBz Peon

Best Answers:
    Leaderboard? It was just an advertisement, right?

I think if you want to, you can. You'd just have to look really closely at figuring out a way. When I can't figure out how to get a 2-column setup to work, I go here:

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/holygrail

Granted, this one might be trickier, period, to accommodate. You might want to just re-design the entire thing. Keep it simple. Start from the ground up. (Did you say you were using Blogger to deliver the site? OK, that might be a little trickier. You'd have to deal with their templates and stuff. I dunno.) But anyway, hand-code just the header section as simply as you can, then throw some styles on there. Break out of the fixed-width mold. Make sure you have adequate minimum width on the whole thing to accommodate both the potential ad size, and the image logo.

If you can create a suitable working bare-bones demo, then you can port that CSS/HTML over into your Blogger templates until it matches.

Oh, and yeah, it's not your fault that the Adsense section looks gross. It is still just a monstrosity, in my opinion. Why they can't make it infinitely simpler, I do not know...but it seems like it's a pain in the ass to have it work into your pages. I don't know though, maybe you can apply some broad styles to override the div that contains the whole shebang and work from there.

The bottom line is it may not just be the Adsense block that is causing the issue. Perhaps the overall design of your site, and the header area, is constricting in such a way that it is making your use of the Adsense block impossible. That's something you can easily control. And there are definite improvements you could be making to the overall structure of the site. As long as Blogger will let you ;P

HBz, Sep 28, 2012 IP
  3. WillFlipIt

WillFlipIt Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you know how I could create a section between the header-wrapper and the content-wrapper?

WillFlipIt, Sep 28, 2012 IP
  4. HBz

HBz Peon

Best Answers:
    A section? Containing what? If you want to add some more content there then I think you know how to, just put your content after the header wrapper. As for how/where to actually do that, it depends on how Blogger works with its templates, and I don't know that.

If you just want space, then it's going to be a margin-bottom of the header, or a margin or padding-top of the content.

HBz, Sep 28, 2012 IP
  5. WeddiGo

WeddiGo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ah...welcome to the world of IE!!!! you need have serious css skills to make anything work in IE (firefox is just about manageable)

WeddiGo, Sep 30, 2012 IP