1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What!? A *NICE* US. Soldier in Iraq?? Impossible!

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by chulium, Nov 21, 2006.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3sxop1-PkI&NR

:rolleyes: There IS no good in this world anymore. Especially amidst war. Heaven forbid the thought that there are good soldiers, too... :eek:

</sarcasm>, if you didn't catch that already.

Well libs, looks like your philosophy that all our troops are rapists and murders has come to a halt.

chulium, Nov 21, 2006 IP
  2. ReadyToGo

ReadyToGo Peon

Best Answers:
    ReadyToGo, Nov 21, 2006 IP
  3. chulium

chulium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I saw that :( Unfortunately no country's military is perfect. It does make me rather sick.

chulium, Nov 21, 2006 IP
  4. save-a-family

save-a-family Peon

Best Answers:
    Most soldiers were very nice with everybody in Iraq. We played soccer together when they came to my city, Addiwanyiah. They danced with the kids, played basket, and played silly games with them. They even did it with their guns away (a few had to guard, just in case.) In most parts of Iraq, this sadly is no longer the case, thanks to attacks by those who pretend to be friendly and blow themselves up or getting attacked as soon as they are playing with someone. People are now afraid of getting close like before, as it means an immediate danger.

The vast majority of the soldiers were nice and played with people, but you always have the bad apples. In July 2003, a small group of soldiers were staying in a village north of Addiwanyiah. Most Iraqis are now backwarded, but the people of that village are those who Iraqis themselves call backwarded. There was a small dirty canal that serves them for drinking and treating their animals. I saw a group of kids with a group of soldiers so I went to see what was happening. And guess what? They were forcing the kids to dive in the dirty water if they wanted pieces of chocolate and other things the soldiers had, and they were laughing at them and calling the kids names. I was the only English speaker and I gave them a lecture about their job and what they are supposed to do, and how what they were doing does negatively reflect on them, their fellows, and their country's mission over there. There was silence afterwards.

So yes, most of the soldiers are wonderful, but some are doing things that anybody can easily use to show how ''brutal'' the Americans are and how they are there ''to step on you and steal your dignity.'' It applies sometimes and it does even make me, a strong supporter, feel bad for needing the help of others and not having a country we can live peacefully in and be proud of. It is something I have yet to experience.

99% of the soldiers I met were good people, but I've seen a 1% that is really to be ashamed of.

save-a-family, Nov 21, 2006 IP
  5. chulium

Best Answers:
    Very true and unfortunate point :(

That is my philosophy as well :) I'm glad we agree ^_^ I feel like less of a minority now.

chulium, Nov 21, 2006 IP
  6. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:

I agree, that's a nice vid. :)

It's a lot better than them doing THIS :)

Imagine that happening in a leafy suberb in the USA, there would be uproar.

AGS, Nov 21, 2006 IP
  7. Shannon 2

Shannon 2 Peon

Best Answers:
    like save-a-family has already said while the majority of soldiers are doing a good job you will get some who are just bad apples

Shannon 2, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  8. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My heart goes out to all our soldiers who are there and should have never been put in harms way in iraq.:(
    My uncle was in the army but that was a clear cut good versus bad, they knew what had to be done and did it. This war was fought over wmd's. I pray that they all come home safe and sound

pingpong123, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  9. chulium

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately most of them had to ;) And it's better than our country's civilians being put in harm's way, in their own homes, or something.

You are either close-minded, or ignorant, or both... because WMD's was only a partial decision in the action of invading Iraq.

chulium, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  10. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Pretty much the entire invation was based on WMDs and the 45 minute threat.

It all turned out to be a lie and because of that nearly 3,000 American troops are dead. God only knows how many more will die and it was all based on a LIE.

AGS, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  11. chulium

Best Answers:
    MUST we go over this again?

chulium, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  12. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:

No sir, we all know that the invasion was illegal, let's leave it at that.

AGS, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  13. Ricneato

Ricneato Banned

Best Answers:
    Lay off the spiked eggnog!

Saddam Hussein Violated United Nations Security Council Resolutions.

President Bush Says The United Nations Must Hold Saddam Hussein Accountable. PRESIDENT BUSH: "No, he's a threat. And that's why I went to the United Nations. I went to the United Nations because, I said to that august body, you need to hold this man to account." (President Bush, Remarks In South Dakota Welcome, Sioux Falls, SD, 11/3/02)

PRESIDENT BUSH: "The United States Is Also Showing Our Commitment To Effective International Institutions." "In confronting Iraq, the United States is also showing our commitment to effective international institutions. ... We believe in the Security Council - so much that we want its words to have meaning. ... High-minded pronouncements against proliferation mean little unless the strongest nations are willing to stand behind them - and use force if necessary." (President Bush, Remarks On The Future Of Iraq, Washington, D.C., 2/26/03)

Patrolling The UN-Mandated No-Fly Zone, U.S. And Coalition Forces Were Regularly Attacked.

PRESIDENT BUSH: "A Regime That Fires Upon American And British Pilots Is Not Taking The Path Of Compliance." (President Bush, Remarks At Signing Of The National Defense Authorization Act, Arlington, VA, 12/2/02)

Saddam Hussein Brutalized Iraq's Civilian Population.

PRESIDENT BUSH: The United States Must Not Leave Saddam Hussein's "Torture Chambers And Poison Labs In Operation." (President Bush, Remarks On The Future Of Iraq, Washington, D.C., 2/26/03)

Saddam Hussein Supported And Harbored Terrorist Organizations.

President Bush Said That By Ending Saddam Hussein's Support For Terrorism, The United States Would Help "Begin A New Stage For Middle Eastern Peace" And "Deprive Terrorist Networks Of A Wealthy Patron That Pays For Terrorist Training, And Offers Rewards To Families Of Suicide Bombers." (President Bush, Remarks On The Future Of Iraq, Washington, D.C., 2/26/03)

Saddam Hussein Had A History Of Pursuing And Using WMD.

President Bush Cites Saddam Hussein's Use Of Weapons Of Mass Destruction Against His Own People. PRESIDENT BUSH: "Fifteen years ago, Saddam Hussein's regime ordered a chemical weapons attack on a village in Iraq called Halabja. With that single order, the regime killed thousands of Iraq's Kurdish citizens. ... The chemical attack on Halabja - just one of 40 targeted at Iraq's own people - provided a glimpse of the crimes Saddam Hussein is willing to commit, and the kind of threat he now presents to the entire world." (President Bush, Radio Address, 3/15/03)

Removing Saddam Hussein Brought Freedom To The Heart Of The Middle East.

PRESIDENT BUSH: "Acting Against The Danger Will Also Contribute Greatly To The Long-Term Safety And Stability Of Our World. The Current Iraqi Regime Has Shown The Power Of Tyranny To Spread Discord And Violence In The Middle East. A Liberated Iraq Can Show The Power Of Freedom To Transform That Vital Region, By Bringing Hope And Progress Into The Lives Of Millions. America's Interests In Security, And America's Belief In L iberty, Both Lead In The Same Direction: To A Free And Peaceful Iraq." (President Bush, Remarks On The Future Of Iraq, Washington, D.C., 2/26/03)
    Numerous Democrats Agreed Iraq Possessed WMD And Saw Saddam Hussein As A Threat

Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY): "In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al-Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." (Sen. Hillary Clinton, Congressional Record, 10/10/02, p. S10288)

Sen. John Kerry (D-MA): "When I vote to give the president of the United States the authority to use force, if necessary, to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security...." (Sen. John Kerry, Congressional Record, 10/9/02, p. S10174)

Sen. John Kerry (D-MA): "[W]ithout question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction. So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real." (Sen. John Kerry, Remarks At Georgetown University, Washington, DC, 1/23/03)
    Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-MA): "We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." (Sen. Edward Kennedy, Remarks At The Johns Hopkins School Of Advanced International Studies, 9/27/02)

Sen. Robert Byrd (D-WV): "The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." ("Threats And Responses," The New York Times, 10/4/02)

Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-WV): "There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction." (Sen. Jay Rockefeller, Congressional Record, 10/10/02, p. S10305)

Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI): "We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandated of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them." (Sen. Carl Levin, Committee On Armed Services, U.S. Senate, Hearing, 9/19/02)

Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA): "Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process. The responsibility of the United States in this conflict is to eliminate weapons of mass destruction, to minimize the danger to our troops and to diminish the suffering of the Iraqi people." (Rep. Nancy Pelosi, "Statement On U.S. Led Military Strike Against Iraq," Press Release, 12/16/98)

Former President Bill Clinton: "One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." ("US: Clinton Says Diplomatic Solution Preferable In Iraq," AAP Newsfeed, 2/5/98)

Former Vice President Al Gore: "We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." (Former Vice President Al Gore, Remarks At The Commonwealth Club, San Francisco, CA, 9/23/02)

Ricneato, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  14. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Of course there are nice soldiers.

checksum, Nov 23, 2006 IP
  15. ROAR

ROAR Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    some people truly need to get out once in a while. libs libs libs. quite pathetic. FascistsFascistsFascists.

ROAR, Nov 25, 2006 IP
    checksum likes this.
  16. Samba99

Samba99 Peon

Best Answers:
    Gives me a nice feeling when I see things like that, and not all the horrible things that you see 24/7. Good to see some nice soldiers for a change. I know most are good anyway, but the bad seem to dominate the media more than the good.

Samba99, Nov 25, 2006 IP