1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are there many people here who just use DP PM's and avoid posting in threads?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by xInd, Sep 25, 2012.

Just wondering how many people out there stay away from posting and just communicate with other members via PM only....
    I myself enjoy posting, but have sometimes run into trouble by slipping on a rule here and there in the past... Luckily I've improved over the years and rarely get any infractions anymore...

xInd, Sep 25, 2012 IP
    Lozdadon likes this.
  2. EvanP

EvanP Banned

Best Answers:
    If the thread is in BST, I will usually only PM. Posting gets me in too much trouble, usually. I only post if I have a question to ask which everyone will need to know, for example, if someone posts that they want articles, I might reply within the thread asking the niche they want the articles written in.

That's about it.

EvanP, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  3. Lozdadon

Lozdadon Member

Best Answers:
    For me I mainly lurk about in the websites for sale section and find the best way for me to communicate is via pm .

With PM I can get all the info I need and begin negotiating prices etc.

Lozdadon, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  4. xInd

xInd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks for the replies Grumpster and Lozdadon!
    Do you ever run into challenges from having a low post count, like people not trusting you, or inability to do something on the forums here?

xInd, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  5. EvanP

EvanP Banned

Best Answers:
    Of course. I've been around DP a long time and sent out 2,000+ business related PM's, most of which are usually then taken to other methods of communication due to restrictions on the PM system here at DP.

I find a lot of the time people don't want to trust a user with 50 posts, even if he does have a lot of business experience. It's just the way DP works, really.

EvanP, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  6. Lozdadon

Lozdadon Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah i have had similar issues regarding users not trusting me due to my low post count but there just loosing out on potential sales/bids from me.

In the last hour Ive seen a few sites i was looking to bid on/buy but the owner has made specific instructions that they would not do business with people who have low post counts

7. xInd

xInd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I find that really annoying, I've run into similar issues... like with the iTrader system, how if two people don't see eye to eye on something in a transaction, usually it ends up with both parties getting negative feedback, even if you did everything in your power to placate them... Then somebody comes around in a sales thread and starts spouting not to trust you because your last feedback was negative, even though it cost an arm and a leg of your time and was over $5 or something silly like that. Maybe if we all push things forward to be more positive and less cynical we can usher in a new era of everybody getting along. lol :)

xInd, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  8. xInd

xInd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

Now I find that really stupid when it comes to buyers... Money talks, and if you have it, why in the heck would a seller want to refuse it...???

xInd, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  9. Lozdadon

Lozdadon Member

Best Answers:
    Who knows lol I just move on to the next deal.

10. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I've been circumspect as of late as to what I post. Sometimes discretion being the better part of valor,I do choose the PM option.
    One has to be careful to not illicit a "post has no value" infraction from the mods.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
    Spoiltdiva, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  11. X P S

X P S Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If someone uses only PMs...why would he reply here???? :p

X P S, Sep 30, 2012 IP
  12. xInd

xInd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    LOL. That's a very good point! I guess they probably wouldn't.... perhaps it would spark up the inclination to do so....?

xInd, Sep 30, 2012 IP
  13. mahm00d86

mahm00d86 Peon

Best Answers:
    that's would be right.

mahm00d86, Oct 3, 2012 IP