1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Focusing on few topics

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by EdenAndrej, Sep 25, 2012.

I`ve got a site with very broad niche. I`ve noticed that I get a lot of traffic for few posts(topics) on my site via google search(I don`t know why my articles are almost the same regarding text and photos and keywords). So should I focus on them (writing more posts about those topics) or should I carry on writing different topics?
    To understand better what i`m talking about - if on my health blog I have few posts regarding tips for back pain, tips for shoulder pain and tips for knee pain, I get only few visitors from google search for shoulder pain and knee pain but lots for back pain (although the articles are made in same fashion). So should I focus on writing more articles on back pain or this search traffic for this topic that I`m getting is just accidental?

EdenAndrej, Sep 25, 2012 IP
  2. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    different keyword has different level of competition. if you have a lot of posts on your blog covering various topics/issues, it is only natural to understand that some will rank better than others. traffic you are getting is not accidental but only natural. the keywords that bringing you traffic must have low competition for which they got ranked.

sometimes you get sudden spike in traffic as well due to a fresh post ranking for the time being but this type of traffic usually is short lived.

sultanofseo, Sep 25, 2012 IP
    EdenAndrej likes this.
  3. gonzalod34

gonzalod34 Peon

Best Answers:
    You are on right path EdenAndrej, that's good that you understood your sites traffic chemistry. I suggest you to go with your idea to write more article related with your most visited topics keywords & see what happen.

Let update us once you get more success.

gonzalod34, Sep 25, 2012 IP
    EdenAndrej likes this.
  4. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Write on health related different topics. It is possible that some posts get high traffic and some gets less.
    You can also do Social Bookmarking for each new post to make it popular and get traffic.

rankwatch.com, Sep 25, 2012 IP
    EdenAndrej likes this.
  5. EdenAndrej

EdenAndrej Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys I`ll update the status once I see the results. What I understand for sure that it takes time to analyze the results. You can`t just start a site and expect to figure what is best to do after one month. I guess it takes more than 6 months to realize if you are on the right track and what should you do to improve your performance.

EdenAndrej, Sep 26, 2012 IP