1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Facebook Ad's really convert to sales?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Webiz.com, Sep 24, 2012.

Facebook is one of the best and most common source for good and massive traffic - this is a fact.
    But does this traffic can actually convert into sales? and if yes - what will be considered as good conversion rate?

Webiz.com, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  2. techlead

techlead Active Member

Best Answers:
    Conversions from leads to sales is solely based on the product you market using facebook

Facebook marketing is used to retain existing customers with some loyalty programs

techlead, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  3. WebWriter

WebWriter Active Member

Best Answers:
    No.

People get on FB to screw around and waste time- not to shop. Now if you are targeting people who like to screw around and waste time....maybe, you might have a chance at converting.

WebWriter, Sep 25, 2012 IP
  4. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends on your market, so if your demographic is mainly young adults, then it should have a chance depending what your offering.

James Byun, Sep 25, 2012 IP
  5. CashAdsLLC

CashAdsLLC Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Facebook has an active user base of around 700 million people and by using their Pay Per Click or Pay Per Impression advertising, businesses generate a lot of traffic. Just because most Facebook users are just there to goof off and play around doesn’t mean that the possibility of your product being seen by the user and impulsively clicked on.

CashAdsLLC, Sep 25, 2012 IP
  6. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    My advice I forgot to add in, talk to someone who already has success with facebook ppc campaigns on what they were promoting. You have various other forums outside from dp, like warrior forum, etc.

James Byun, Sep 25, 2012 IP
  7. dasilvad14

dasilvad14 Member

Best Answers:
    Im a pretty big cpa marketer and I have used fb ads. Depending on the niche some ads work amazingly. For example I was promoting a dating offer (actually a cheat on your spouse offer but some people find that very unethical). I spent about $400 and made $780+ back in 2 days. then I tried building a fan page around a specific niche. I think it was like ipad lovers or something like that. I built a lander page so when they clicked like they can see what was being the 'door' so to speak. What was behind the door was a cpa offer that they got. And I lost about $200 on that. I would say direct linking is your best bet but you have to presell your viewer to get them to take the action. The cheating offer I ran was basically something that sold itself with little promotion on my end because those 18 - 35 year olds I was targeting were a little frisky group:) hope that helps.

dasilvad14, Sep 25, 2012 IP
  8. QualityMarketing

QualityMarketing Member

Best Answers:
    We have run several campaigns on Facebook that were targeted and none of them really worked out (CPM). The CPC campaign might be better but it seemed like a waste of time to us and seemed very $$$ compared to running other campaigns. You could try to put up a campaign for a month a try it out. You won't really know until you try right!?!

QualityMarketing, Sep 25, 2012 IP
  9. TheCause

TheCause Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I made a fanpage, where I got 390 clicks, with 350 likes. It depends on your niche though.

TheCause, Sep 25, 2012 IP
  10. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    They (ads) definitely convert to sales, but I find facebook advertising to be more expensive compared to, let's say, AdCenter. Why they are so price in the US, I have no idea.

qwikad.com, Sep 25, 2012 IP
  11. Vanessa Porter

Vanessa Porter Peon

Best Answers:
    Not at all. I've had much success using a personal page than paying for advertising on facebook. Becoming a member of relevant facebook groups helps also.

Vanessa Porter, Sep 25, 2012 IP
  12. Drent123

Drent123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, this is used for easily conversion.

Drent123, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  13. adbash

adbash Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook isn't good for sales, it's better to make community and communicate with customers.

adbash, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  14. JoshDylan

JoshDylan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All depends on what your selling and what your next steps are to close the deal.

JoshDylan, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  15. ton7io69

ton7io69 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice info. I would like to join in on this CPC game.If someone could mentor me i would give back with my work, if anyone is interested please drop me a PM.

ton7io69, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  16. Manoko

Manoko Peon

Best Answers:
    As other said: no.

I tried facebook advertising, but it doesn't convert at all. People go on facebook to waste time, to exchange with friends, not to look at products and buy them.

Manoko, Sep 27, 2012 IP
  17. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:

Exactly. If anybody clicks on ads there it is because they have nothing else to do. Can be a real waste of money...

qwikad.com, Sep 27, 2012 IP
  18. st3fan

st3fan Peon

Best Answers:
    Everything mentioned above has to do with what kind of offer you are promoting and how your sales funnels are set up. Without this information one cannot give advice on what something should convert. I hope you understand.

st3fan, Sep 27, 2012 IP
  19. TheWordMan

TheWordMan Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are going to advertise with Facebook be sure to use all the filters you can to target your ads. Do some testing with short runs and watch the results. Do your tweaks and run another test. Good luck.

TheWordMan, Oct 18, 2012 IP
  20. Drovo

Drovo Peon

Best Answers:
    As someone already mentioned above, it really depends on the niche. From my experience I can tell, that for example IM or MMO niche does not convert well because people think it's a scam. I personally tried in non IM related niches and it converted very well. As long as you get very targeted audience to your fan page it's all good. And with facebook ad's I found it very possible.

Drovo, Oct 18, 2012 IP