1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are Keyword Domain Names Really Advantageous Or Just A Myth?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by waldorff, Sep 24, 2012.

I am confused with all the IM and SEO gurus regarding domain naming. Some advised me to used keyword domain name
    and some say branded domain names should not be keyword names. Most of branded domain names for sale cost higher
    than keyword domain name.
    Does any body knows which domain names are better to use - keyword or non keyword domain names?
    Thanks

waldorff, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  2. lonking

lonking Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends. keyword domain name is very advantageous to SEO, while branded domain names is good for brand development. But we also know that it is hard to develop a brand, if your brand is annoymous now, i suggest you to use the keyword domain names. Because first of all, you should make your website so popular that all people within the industry knows it, when you become a little successful, then you could develop you brand, on the basis of the website influence.

lonking, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  3. waldorff

waldorff Peon

Best Answers:
    So, as I understood, keyword domain names are for fast indexing and non keyword domain names are for long term and permanent brand development that needs more budget.
    Thanks for the info. :cool:

waldorff, Sep 25, 2012 IP
  4. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Content always is the king which influence most on your SEO.
    Some people look important on keywords domain name because it really able to help you push in to rank high because the domain name and content with keywords do match and related and make Google evaluate it high related website and higher chance to get rank.

But quality content still the king which that is why you can see how some of company able to get rank on top with own and non related domain name keywords.

If go with own brand name , it would be great if everyone know that your brand name is regarding what business and you need make sure that your content is real quality enough for you to compete with others .

JerrickYeoh, Oct 4, 2012 IP
  5. shaid

shaid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, nice guidance.

shaid, Oct 14, 2012 IP
  6. ultimate marketing

ultimate marketing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A large number Exact Match Domains (EMDs) have been hit hard by Google in the last couple of weeks.

You are much better going for a branded domain.

ultimate marketing, Oct 14, 2012 IP
  7. triggerman

triggerman Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a really difficult question to answer, of course. If an opportunity to get a 4 letter keyword domain name ever surfaces, I'm pretty sure no one on this forum will pass it up.

triggerman, Oct 15, 2012 IP