1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Bring Good Traffic To A E-commerce Site?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by tahionstar, Jun 5, 2011.

Hi! I wonder how an e-commerce store can bring visitors if usually it does not contain text and content good for SEO. So if someone can't rely on the search engines to bring visitors how traffic can be brought after all? There are special directories or communities for e-commerce websites or just the paid advertising is the only good option available?:D

tahionstar, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  2. ijoome

ijoome Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For This You should Have Good Website,Unique Site Content,Have Knowledge On Seo,Sem,Keyword analysis,backlink generation and so on Then Only You Will Success in Yours Path

Best Ways
    Post Sites Links Worlds Top Forums(Fast,Free,Quality Visitors)

ijoome, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  3. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why don't you put long descriptions to your products and reviews ass well to have more text and details as well. this way you get to have lots of text.

etc, Jun 5, 2011 IP
  4. tahionstar

tahionstar Peon

Best Answers:
    But where to put all that stuff?? Descriptions, pictures, stats, videos, details and so on... after all there is just a web page...

tahionstar, Jun 8, 2011 IP
  5. meli2233

meli2233 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have a Facebook linked to your site? Have you tried to buy fans and traffic? politefollowers.com

meli2233, Nov 17, 2011 IP
  6. nesrinamb

nesrinamb Member

Best Answers:
    well i brought in business to my site by advertising it locally, I sent out a press release to the news papers and I got them to print my website name for free and I ended up getting quite a large amount of people go onto it and a good amount of business. Remember to advertise your site locally as people love to buy from local businesses even if they are only on the internet.

nesrinamb, Nov 20, 2011 IP
  7. meli2233

meli2233 Peon

Best Answers:
    You may also want to try backlinks and get it up on Google

meli2233, Nov 30, 2011 IP
  8. peter250

peter250 Active Member

Best Answers:
    A good way to get traffic is through Facebook and Twitter. You should try and build up followers, which is much easier if you are offering a good service..It will naturally happen, of course with a little hard work. Goodluck.

peter250, Dec 1, 2011 IP
  9. sanjeevtpss

sanjeevtpss Peon

Best Answers:
    Unique Site Content & On Seo,Sem, Smo, Keyword analysis,backlink generation and so on Then Only You Will Success in Good terrific for your web site.

sanjeevtpss, Jan 3, 2012 IP
  10. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    Good fresh content will help you. If you are an e-commerce site then the suggestion to include good descriptions could help you. Also set up a twitter account and advertise daily specials, events or helpful hints. Facebook may take some time to build but you can do it with a little effort.

JPC-Sabrina, Jan 5, 2012 IP
  11. spirals

spirals Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook and twitter might help, but its a hard work to get decent followers and friends number.

spirals, Jan 9, 2012 IP
  12. bigove73

bigove73 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some did not read your post so i feel your pain as i own a ecommerce site as well and i wondered the same thing. Apparently as long as you don't have a bunch of garbage ads and affiliate
    links on your ecommerce site Google recognizes this and will not penalize you for it. I pay a seo firm monthly to target 10 keywords and it was the best move i've ever made, i sell targeted web
    traffic and i make 10x's what i pay for seo services. If you can't afford seo just read up on the panda updates and see what others with ecommerce sites are doing, i don't have time for that so
    $400 a month is worth it to me. Hope this helps...

bigove73, Jan 15, 2012 IP
  13. SOSLady

SOSLady Peon

Best Answers:
    There is some valuable advice here. Will it not also help to write (blog) on the same site with articles about the products (more generic in a sense) & use the keywords like that.
    My problem is that I want to sell my e-commerce mini sites, but first get some traffic. I am not a newbie, but really trying to make the internet work & find it quite hard. Thanks for all the comment.

SOSLady, Jan 17, 2012 IP
  14. bigove73

bigove73 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah adding a blog to your ecommerce site is actually a very good idea but remember it will need to be updated often and with quality posts for it to help.

bigove73, Jan 21, 2012 IP
  15. wajidabbasi

wajidabbasi Peon

Best Answers:
    If there is one thing you should really master and become proficient at with your online web store, it is the ability to attract traffic to your drop shipping website. The second thing you should really pay attention to is the ability to convert that traffic into sales when they land on your website. Everyone these days seems fascinated with building a brand on all the latest web 2.0 sites like Twitter and Facebook. However, you are in this game for one thing and one thing only: to make a profit. If any new fad is not teaching you how to ultimately bring more traffic to your website and convert them into paying customers, then I would advise you not to spend too much time, if at all any on that exercise.

wajidabbasi, Apr 11, 2012 IP
  16. nuwavonline

nuwavonline Peon

Best Answers:
    To get traffic to your ecommerce site, you need to do a variety things,

Seo
    You must optimize your online store around keyword phrases, which internet searchers use to find your product pages and content.
    Make sure to include your keyword phrases in product titles and descriptions.

Social Media
    Create a Facebook and Twitter account for your ecommerce business to promote new products and discounts. Also, include Facebook, Twitter, Google +1 and Pinterest share buttons on your product pages.

Online Directories
    Submit your ecommerce website to online business and shopping directories
    theres free ones like Online Shopping UK

Those are just some ways to drive traffic to your ecommerce sites.

nuwavonline, Jun 4, 2012 IP
  17. Maschit

Maschit Peon

Best Answers:
    if you have some budget all you need is some planning

facebook could do the help: be social and do the product launch

newpaper: having submit press can do the trick to get sudden spot

if you want do business long term you need to have the quality content, seo you site, build backlink prefer quality link, mouth to mouth ads is more power too

hope help you tahionstar

Maschit, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  18. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Rightly Said. quality content, unique products and good SEO tactics will help you to grow your eCommerce store.

MilesWeb, Sep 21, 2012 IP
  19. Mayank Tandon

Mayank Tandon Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook is really really good option!

Mayank Tandon, Sep 23, 2012 IP
  20. adbash

adbash Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make longtail SEO and buy sponsored links in Google (Adwords). Also make your Facebook fanpage and work on it.

adbash, Oct 3, 2012 IP