1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Other peoples sites penalized by Google is causing me headaches.

Discussion in 'Google' started by john269, Sep 22, 2012.

So here it goes basically. Many months ago and even years, to get your website ranked well it involved building backlinks. This caused a lot of spamming which meant a lot of work was involved in aiming to remove the spam on a daily basis, the only issue is, it's impossible to remove all spam as some of it gets through even after being audited by a human.

So the time and money wasted spending removing the spam was costly, but now many websites have been hit do to this spam and therefore the new thing that is costing wasted time and money is the spammings emailing you asking to remove their own spam as they have been penalised.

To me, it seems a bit of a joke that they have the nerve to spam and aim to damage your website/business only for them to then want you to remove it all at a later date.

The worst has been today where I have received a letter asking me to remove links from my website that they have not even allowed on it, if not removed, they will take legal action. Truthfully where there link is located, I can guarantee that a link exchange was made some years ago between that site and I. So therefore they either placed the link on my site there self or paid a SEO company to do it.

Why lie, why can't they just say the truth and say something like "I'm sorry that I placed links on your site a while back, due to Google changing the way they do things, can you please now remove these links, the links are located here".

I'm finding most people are saying that they didn't have any knowledge of their links being placed on my website. I'm finding most of these are coming from my Articles website where their link is in the BIO or my forums where the link is in the signature left after each post. Now truthfully probably 99% of people only leave links in the BIO of articles or signatures if they are doing it themselves or has paid someone to do it in the past.

This is quite annoying as it's like I had issues removing the spam when it was coming, but now I'm having more issues removing links from spam and also what I would call not even spam just because they have been penalised.

Anyway, time to remove this persons link before his so called legal action lol. I should send him a letter saying I am aiming to take legal action for spamming my site many months ago.

Oh well. My 2 cents worth.

john269, Sep 22, 2012 IP
  2. imfusa

imfusa Active Member

Best Answers:
    At least, maybe from know on, thanks to google of course, you won't get spammed any more.
    Indeed it's causing big headaches.

imfusa, Sep 23, 2012 IP
  3. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, that is one good thing as it will cut down spam, but it will not stop spam I don't think.

john269, Sep 23, 2012 IP
  4. imgmug

imgmug Peon

Best Answers:
    its hard to stop spamm and pirated sites...

imgmug, Sep 23, 2012 IP
  5. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not that hard to drop bad links. I can drop 500k in a week without even trying hard.

war_machine, Oct 22, 2012 IP