1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

These forums seem dead

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by alexkboorman, Sep 22, 2012.

I see tons of people viewing always but I never see much real discussion between professionals. It's mostly amateurs asking for help. The Programming Board is the same. I guess this isn't the place to go to interact with professionals but if I wanted to meet some "Social Media Experts and Internet Marketing Experts" I'm in just the right place. That or if I was looking to outsource my workload to India. Anyone here? It feels so lonely.

alexkboorman, Sep 22, 2012 IP
  2. rhoula

rhoula Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not just these forums, what's happening is that forum owners are tired of spending so much resources and energy to get people to visit their forums then end up spending so much more ressources and energy cleaning them from spammers scammers end everyone else in between.

It takes a lot to run Forums, and most of the people that use them don't seem to appreciate the efforts the owner make. Even more than that some users think like they are doing the owner of the forums a favor by being a member. Other think that forums' owners make a killing out of their forums. I have even seen users asking for part of the profit Forums make.

One of the reason you don't see too many people here is because, there are more and more forums popping up everyday and everyone is fighting for a slice of the pie. On top of all that, I personaly believe, Facebook took too many users from Forums. People that used to spend hours and hours everyday posting on forums are now doing the almost same thing on Facebook.

This is just my opinion, I may be wrong.

rhoula, Sep 22, 2012 IP
  3. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Bite the bullet , DP is the biggest forum around . There are plenty of experts but we keep our mouth shut . After all why should you help competition that constantly undercuts you and spams potential customers ?

ApocalypseXL, Sep 23, 2012 IP
  4. xuled

xuled Banned

Best Answers:
    There are so many experts but they do not appear regularly or do not response particularly. You may see many experts live a life of silence.

xuled, Sep 23, 2012 IP
  5. HBz

HBz Peon

Best Answers:
    What? Why help the 'competition' on a HTML/CSS help board? If that's the case, then alex is right, these forums (I can't speak for all the forums on this site) are pretty dead. At least, not enough people are contributing to its usefulness.

But at this point seeing anyone I can confirm as human is just refreshing. I take a quick look around and all the threads are filled with one or two-sentence replies so vague and so useless, I have to wonder if they are not automated.

I can echo your sentiments and frustrations, Alex (if not your distaste for Windows). If you're looking for programming help, I've always found StackOverflow to be great in that regard. But I've never felt confident enough that I had a specific query to ask there.

HBz, Sep 24, 2012 IP